It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington Post- Twisting A Palin Remark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
As if we do not already have enough problems with the idea of "Context", and the twisting of words and phrases. I present you with the details behind a new Washington Post lead mis-construing of United States Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin's commentary during her speech to her son's departing unit ( U.S. Army Stryker Brigade Combat Team-25th Infantry Division) at Fort Wainwright AB, Fairbanks, AK.

Here are the headline and the first two paragraphs from an article posted online that apparently will be on the front page of Friday's Washington Post:

"Palin Links Iraq to 9/11, A View Discarded by Bush"
By Anne E. Kornblut-Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 12, 2008; A01

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that Iraq shared responsibility with al-Qaeda for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. On any other day, Palin's statement would almost certainly have drawn a sharp rebuke from Democrats, but both parties had declared a halt to partisan activities to mark Thursday's anniversary."

Stupid or Malicious? - The Weekly Standard

I am going to head to the News Stands later today, I will go ahead and see what The Washington Post finally printed in their Off-Line Edition. It will be interesting to see if there are any differences. So far the Online Edition of The Washington Post is as Posted above.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's sickening. They were just salivating waiting to take some words and twist them around. They have no interest in what was actually said, only what they want you to hear.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

The dems and their lackeys in the MSM should be more careful considering their own VP actually says things that no one needs to twist in order to turn it into a gaffe.

See my thread on Biden here

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In my opinion it exposes the truth about the Republican machine. No one would really care what she said if the whole Republican platform didn't rest on national security. She touts a firm stance on killing terrorists and eliminating "Islamofascism", yet she doesn't bother with the details about how Iraq had zero to do with 911 or any formal understanding of the very import Bush Doctrine.

But at least she can field dress a moose...

[edit on 12-9-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I will say one thing... It does not show that she understands different.

In fact many folks on here still carry this view as I have battled it in recent months.

I think you guys are assuming that she knows better, I do not assume anything because I do not know much about her... YOU guys appear to be biased and putting air in her balloon that is yet to be deserved.

FINALLY I think we can all thank FOX news for reinforcing this notion years after it was DISPROVEN.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
In my opinion it exposes the truth about the Republican machine. No one would really care what she said if the whole Republican platform didn't rest on national security. She touts a firm stance on killing terrorists and eliminating "Islamofascism", yet she doesn't bother with the details about how Iraq had zero to do with 911 or any formal understanding of the very import Bush Doctrine.

But at least she can field dress a moose...

[edit on 12-9-2008 by TruthWithin]

GOOD points,

THIS is just the reminants of the early 2000's propaganda which is related to the BUSH DOCTRINE - effective FOX WHITEHOUSE BIGOIL and co disinfo and manipulation.

IT seems PALIN toed the line in the most predictable and inaccurate era 2003 fashion possible.

her title does not equal competence, same mistake SOME made by stuffing the ballot with BUSH'S name twice ---- SAME people are voting for PALIN ---- SAME defense in favor -

cons ; similar questions asked before hand in regards to the two.

HISTORY repeats itself

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think you're missing the point.. I thought Al Queda was in Iraq fomenting the violence and attacks on American soldiers. I guess now you guys see GW Bush as a credible source since it suits your purpose. LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Credible only in the sense that he fathered a doctrine that would change US foreign policy forever. A doctrine that would guide this self proclaimed "war on terror", which is. last I checked what the Republicans focused on in '04 and now in '08. You would think that someone running for VP would be hip to that.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Credible only in the sense that he fathered a doctrine that would change US foreign policy forever. A doctrine that would guide this self proclaimed "war on terror", which is. last I checked what the Republicans focused on in '04 and now in '08. You would think that someone running for VP would be hip to that.

I'm sorry, but are you saying the Republicans are the only ones that make decisions in Congress? I though it took a majority vote for any legislation to pass. The war is neither a Republican or Democratic issue, it belongs to both sides who voted and gave Bush a freehand to do as he wished. Let's be honest here, John McCain is just one vote, and Sarah Palin had no vote in the matter.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Given that the source was written by William Kristol (PNAC anyone?) I've gotta take this one with a grain of salt. The article (op/ed) seems to eminate the distinct scent of neocon "spin", or maybe "counter spin" in this case. I guess we'll see when the Post article eventually shows up, but I certainly don't consider Kristol anything close to resembling an objective source. Likewise, as I wouldn't with Dailykos when it comes to any "left" op/eds. Both are a bit too extremist for my taste.

[edit on 9/12/08 by redmage]

top topics

join