It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealanders invent stab-proof fabric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

New Zealanders invent stab-proof fabric

www.news.com.au

NEW Zealand scientists have developed a revolutionary new fabric that is stab and flame resistant, but as light to wear as wool.

Dr Peter Ingham, a scientist at the New Zealand government-owned research group AgResearch, said the new fabric was tough, could withstand a blowtorch, and had many commercial applications.

Dr Ingham said it was expected to do a good job protecting soldiers from flying shrapnel and could be worn by prison wardens to help protect them from possible attacks...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Naturally, it will end up being used in the military.

We'll probably see it incorporated into hoodies for all of the wanna-be-homies to prevent them from being stabbed.

It's an interesting invention, so well done Kiwis!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

We'll probably see it incorporated into hoodies for all of the wanna-be-homies to prevent them from being stabbed.

Or in Lucid's hoodie, to protect himself from homies and soldiers

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
These are the kinds of threads I love to see. Thanks for posting.

I have been following these kinds of developments for years.

I wonder how stab "proof" it really is? Or if it's just fairly resistant? I wonder how it compares to chain mail in this regard. Flame resistant too?? Sweet!

I'll just throw one of these kiwi hoodies over some balistic body armor, and I will be resistant to knives, bats, bullets, and flamethrowers. This will make my day to day life sooooo much more tolerable.

top topics

join