It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get rid of a Foe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am not talking people I have foed, but someone I have been foed by.
To be honest, I dont mind a good foeing but one in particular (I am guessing a bored schoolie) signed up with a user name related to a thread I had just started, foed me (several times...?!?!) and only lasted here but a month and a bit never to be seen again.
Is there a timed out inactive member flag for these things or will that be with me for life?
Like I said, if it was a legit foe I ould be proud of myself for having made an impact, but this one is just annoying....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
well first you need to get a 45 and a shovel..........oh wait you meant on here and not in real life. Umm not sure, good question though.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
On your profile, where your friends/foes are listed, there are a little red cross in front of each name... Click it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
well first you need to get a 45 and a shovel..........oh wait you meant on here and not in real life. Umm not sure, good question though.

I do like where you are going with this though...Once the 45 and the shovel are aquired, obtain the offenders IP address.....Hmm...Might just work...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks Gemwolf, but they only appear on the lists of those I picked as a friend or foe. Not those who picked me unfortunately....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Indeed. You can't remove yourself from someone else's foe list. You can always buy them a box of chocolates and ask them nicely to remove you...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I think I like jwstarry's suggestion...

As I mentioned though, they are no longer active members as far as I can tell. Therein lies my problem....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Ah. I've been reading like my skinny behind again... No fix for that as far as I know... Maybe someone else know of secret kung-fu powers...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have a question similar in nature.

How does one go about getting rid of someone who has been banned, but listed me as their friend (out of spite I assume)

How can I get that persons name taken out of my people who are your fiend list?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
How does one go about getting rid of someone who has been banned, but listed me as their friend (out of spite I assume)

Sorry but that's kind of funny.

To be honest I also thought of friending the people that added me as a foe...not out of spite you know, but just to show it doesn't mean much either way.

Nothing to take seriously.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Normally it wouldn't bother me in the least, but I really disliked this person in almost every way.

Maybe I am being petty here, but just seeing the name is an irritant

If I cant have it removed..oh well...I wont cry about it. Just a minor annoyance is all.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How do you get rid of a Foe?

The Kernel believes that a good defense is a strong offense. Yes, not a Dolphins fan. You must kill your foe. The Kernel recommends liver damage. Bring that foe over and drink with him. He'll either eventually die of liver damage or you will find out he wasn't a foe after all.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No doubt it's not -impossible- to get rid of someone who foe-ed you who is no longer here, nor to get rid of a friend who has been banned.

Unfortunately it's not worth the trouble for the Administration to reset the password, log on as that defunct person and then clear their profiles, or to go through the code or the Owner console and do them.

There's simply too many of them and they'd have to hire a full time assistant to go through them all.

If there was someone who committed an act that was really egregious, someone who turned out to be a Mass-murderer, I'm sure Administration would strongly consider such an action.

Hope you understand. (Speaking speculatively and as a member and not as a Mod/Staff.)

-----------
Having said that, as a Mod, I can tell you there's always a chance if you have a very good reason, just use the Alert button and file a complaint or a request.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For me let the world have there scum, if you have done nothing wrong, and the world listened to them, the world is worse of for believeing them over you. So heck just let the world believe.

One thing do not do anything, to them.

join