Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Palin won't 'second guess' Israeli strike

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Sarah Palin said she would not "second guess" Israel should it decide to strike Iran.

Source

She wont? At least she is up front about it.

But the interesting part is here:

"We are friends with Israel," she said the first time. "I don’t think we should second-guess the measures that Israel has to take to defend themselves and for their security."

So, we cant question Israels security measures.

But Iran:

"Under the leadership of Ahmnadinejad nuclear weapons in the hands of his government are dangerous to everyone on this globe," she said. "We have to make sure that these weapons of mass destruction, the nuclear weapons should not be given to Ahmadinejad."

So, to sum up, we cant second guess Israels security measures, but feel free to third, fourth and fifth guess Irans.

Doesnt make much sense.

Bidens response to a similar question wasnt much better.

“This is not a question for us to tell the Israelis what they can and cannot do,” Biden said.

Looks like a lose lose situation for all involved.

CT

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Its such a nonsensical question to ask a politician. There are so many caveats involved.

Why would Isreal have to attack?

Did Iran threaten them?

Did Iran say they would nuke all Jews

Did Iran take someone from Isreal hostage?

Did Isreal feel the need to go on a WMD hunt circa 2003 Iraq?

See the problem here?

How bout telling Isreal, unless you are under attack, pre-emptive strikes against another sovereign nation is an act of war and is morally wrong.....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

How bout telling Isreal, unless you are under attack, pre-emptive strikes against another sovereign nation is an act of war and is morally wrong.....

Personally, I think its a shame that a developed nation has to be told this.

It should be clear as day.

CT

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have been concerned about all 4 candidates' stand on the "allowance" of Israel. It's as if there's a book out there somewhere that says, "If you want to even be considered for a place in this government, you MUST kiss Israel's bottom or forget it"! So, they all do. :shk:

We should, at the very least, question any country's acts of aggression against another. And that includes Israel.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What exactly are we supposed to tell Israel? Hey Israel, stop defending yourself and let the hordes push you in to the ocean! They are a sovereign nation, are they not?

Do you realize that they have 2 armies that are constantly arming and planning on how to kill Israelis? Not a day goes by that Nasrallah doesn't threaten the country, along with his boss Ahmadinejad. What would you have them do?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm not saying we should interfere or stop them. Necessarily. I'm saying we should QUESTION them. The way all 4 candidates talk, Israel can do no wrong and I disagree with this unbridled, unquestioning, unbalanced and untempered support for this country, as if it has never done anything wrong and doesn't have any faults.

Israel is no more innocent in these hostilities than we are in Iraq.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Remember the attack on the USS Liberty. We must keep a vigilant eye on countries that thrust themselves into the public eye through brute force inflicted on their population. Some forces in Israel behave very provocatively, seeming to want to stir up anti Israeli sentiment. Frankly, I don't trust them.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
America should deal with its own security and problems, and stop trying to impose its authority on other nations. If Israel wants to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran let them, but don't condemn Iran for fighting back.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's funny how after 2 days !all the new's media praise her for what she said ( and they are ) What she said .If it was not for ike ,they would just about have torn up gibson for his lefist ways questions..

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have been concerned about all 4 candidates' stand on the "allowance" of Israel. It's as if there's a book out there somewhere that says, "If you want to even be considered for a place in this government, you MUST kiss Israel's bottom or forget it"! So, they all do.

Shouldn't be a surprise all 4 candidates tilt toward Israel. The Jews are very wealthy, and contributed (financially) generously to their candidates.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vertol
It's funny how after 2 days !all the new's media praise her for what she said ( and they are ) What she said .If it was not for ike ,they would just about have torn up gibson for his lefist ways questions..

I think Gibson did asked a legitimate question on the Russian invasion of Georgia. She gave a blunt response without much forethought, about using force to protect Georgia. She probably forgot that Russia has nuclear weapons. I always thought the highest priorty for the President(and Vice-President) is to prevent an all-out nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Obama gives exactly the same answer to the question. The only difference is Gibson didn't act like he was stupid for answering that way. Obama also didn't have the media attacking him for it.

reply to post by coolieno99

She gave a blunt response without much forethought,

Her answer was dead on correct. Maybe you should google NATO and find out what being a member means.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Well, i am not a politician, but i can answer several of your questions.

Why would Isreal have to attack?

Israeli leadership (and considerable part of country's population) feel that Iran is a direct threat to existence of the state. It does not necessary mean that Israel must attack, i think that for now there are other options. But if those fail, i think that there could be made decision to strike Iranian nuclear facilities, despite disastrous consequences for the whole region.

Did Iran threaten them?

Current Iranian leader made a lot of double-meaning declarations, concerning "regime", "removal" and other hidden threats. Not to mention Iranian-controlled Hizballah on Israeli southern border whose leaders made those threats in hundreds.

Did Iran say they would nuke all Jews

???
What this got to do with the subject? There are Jews in Iran and i guess at least some of them live very good over there. Those Jews (and a lot of other Jews on our tiny globe) are not threatened by Iranians. Israel is. I cannot answer it since i do not get the point.

Did Iran take someone from Isreal hostage?

Iranian-controlled organizations did. What it has to do with the issue though?

I guess that Israeli leaders are aware of this, no attack happened until now. But once again, closing eyes on potential danger and placing your civilians in position where a large portion could be killed is not that moral also. Not to mention that Israel allegedly has nuclear potential and a lot more people will die in nuclear exchange then in possible "conventional" war.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
are the people of country content with a nuclear Iran what do you think Iran will do with this weapon has the thought of Hezbolla or some other radical group dragging on of these devices onto US soil ever crossed your mind the Israelis. have how would we respond, criminal investigation in who did it then what UN sanctions the loss of life would be incredable some things are worth preventing this is one of them I would like to see the world stand up and force Iran into submission but I dont see that happening we are always the one to straighten things out chaves will be the next problem to our security these are hard times and they demand solid solutions God help us all.

top topics

join