Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

did we send robots to the moon be4 the very first moon landing???

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
we sent humans to the moon but people think that we didnt...

did we send robots to the "moon" be4 we sent people to the moon???

this would make it seem more real...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think that me might have sent satellites to survey the area, but that's about it. I'm not real sure actually, it's a real excellent topic for discussion.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Are you talking about the surveyor probes?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We didnt have time for it, we were in a race where weeks counted. I am afraid our Astronauts were our Guinea Pigs

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm sure there were probes and even landers that went to the moon before people did... i dont know about robots (nothing like the mars probes and what not) but they would have had to have landed a capsule to make sure they could do it...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
here is a link to Chronology of Space Exploration

www.solarviews.com...

here you can find the history of our attemps to study the moon amongs other studies

the luner 2 was the first spacecraft to land on the surface of the moon

www.solarviews.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
here is a link to Chronology of Space Exploration

www.solarviews.com...

here you can find the history of our attemps to study the moon amongs other studies

the luner 2 was the first spacecraft to land on the surface of the moon

www.solarviews.com...

Luna 2 crashed onto the surface. Surveyor was the first to sucsessfully soft land.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
sorry I was trying to sound like I actually knew something about it

I just read what was in the link that I posted

Luna 2 was the second of a series of spacecraft launched in the direction of the Moon. The instrument package reached the surface of the Moon on September 14, 1959. The first spacecraft to land on the Moon, it impacted the lunar surface east of Mare Serenitatis near the Aristides, Archimedes, and Autolycus craters. Some 30 minutes after Luna 2, the last stage of its rocket also impacted the Moon.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Several "robots" were sent to be moon. The Russians sent a Rover even. Surveyor was the Amercan series. One of the Apollo moon landings even visited and photographed Surveyor on the surface. I forget which one, but it's not hard to find it on the Web.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
did they even have technology for rovers back then?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Russians sent a rover to show the the same thing could be done without humans. Kind of a face saving thing.

www.synlube.com...

for example...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I think that me might have sent satellites to survey the area, but that's about it. I'm not real sure actually, it's a real excellent topic for discussion.

i think we sent a few probes there, i know the apollo 12 crew brought back some stuff from one

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
How many times does the same question have to be answered?

did everybody just read the first post and dash off a reply without rading the whole thread?

new topics

top topics

join