It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hah RIAA hacked again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
-link removed-

hardcore

Above Top Secret does not support the concept of hacking, for any purpose. The link to the RIAA hacked page has been removed.

[Edited on 13-1-2003 by William]

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
YES!!! Gota love that!

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Really? Why do you endorse illegal acts?

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Uh oh. Who let the morality police loose!

Dude, are you for real? Who care's if their site was hacked. It's a big improvment anyway's.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Morality and legality are two different things.

While I might venture an accurate guess, I'd rather hear from you why you enjoy seeing the above mentioned website being hacked.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hmmm. You don't get out much do you?

I'f you'd like, we can continue this discussion via e-mail. I don't really have the breath to waste on people like you that are concerned over such stupid thing's.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm guessing you dislike the RIAA due to their staunch stance against the stealing of music via file sharing by peer-to-peer networks. You (probably otherwise known as a "script kiddie") take joy in seeing hackers that support the stealing of music deface the website of a legitimate organization.

Am I close?

I would suppose, being a script kiddie, you are the one tied to your computer, hoping to discover some dark epiphany of "haXing" skill.

My, imagine what you might achieve if you were to locate a life.

What you condone is wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well....My mom alway's taught me it was right to share. Maybe your's didn't? Am I close?

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Most thoughtful intelligent people respect artists. And part of that respect is making sure the musicians you enjoy receive remuneration for their efforts.

You are a fool to support stealing from artists.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Awww..... Whatever man. To each his own, right.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You say "to each his own" as if endorsing millions of people to steal from musicians is some sort of harmless hobby.

You are the current result of a trend in a culture which has lost its ability to discern art. As such, you have no respect for the efforts of artists and feel their work is a simple commodity. Being a near-worthless commodity, you see nothing wrong to obtaining the efforts of artists in an illegal way that provides the artist no income.

In case the above paragraph was too complex for you to discern the meaning, here is a summary; you treat art as nothing more than a cheap ball-point pen.

Sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
just ignore winston, he's more than a little up himself, if you check the threads he rarely actually contributes to a discussion prefering to simply tell people how much more superior his intellect is and how much more lofty his morality.

he's a ~mite~ sanctemonious, but can be tollerated by the simple act of never reading anything he posts once he gets onto a holier than thou trip.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
and for the record, Like most illegal activitys, I support hacking when it suits me.

I like to see big corporate boy bands getting screwed by the little guy, I don't like seeing empoverished artists having their lives made harder because somone couldn't be bothered to spend �5 on their demo and bought a boot leg instead.

I tape songs of the radio and of CD's to give to my mates (one suspects winston and you do to) equally illegal ~shrug~

most illegal fringe groups like hackers have a fairly complex morality of their own and tend to fight for more causes I support than causes I don't.

~shrug~

enjoy their actions if you like, or dismiss them if you don't but please don't suggest that either opinion is of more moral worth than the other its far more subjective than that.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.musicunited.org...

Your selfish denial is laughable.

Indeed, criminal groups often do have their own moral code.

And society degrades further.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
why?

selfish denial is a basic trait of human nature, we're all inconsistant in our morality.

oh I forgot, you come from some strange planet where your conscience prevents you from doing anything illegal whatsoever, or demonstrating any inconsistancys in your moral judgements.

don't make me laugh Winston, your exactly the same as me, him, or anyone else on this board, your a human, your an emotionally directed and massively fallible hypocrite, just like all humans, its one of the reasons we're such an endearing race.

[Edited on 13-1-2003 by Lupe_101]

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For someone laying claim as a professional writer, you're having a bit of trouble with your possessive pronouns.

I cannot say I have not performed an illegal act. However, I can say that I respect artists and have never abated that respect by seeking their works illegally... never. Which is the topic of this discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lupe, Thatnx for the tip. As if I couldn't see that already.
Every board has 'em.
LOL

Winston, how far up is that stick anyways???

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isn't it nice how when someone tries to take the moral high ground, others choose to ignore the arguments and attack the person?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Can somebody explain what the RIAA is?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Kano,
Who's attacking who? All it took was one post for Winston to take the, what was it that you said??? Ah yes, the moral high ground.
Seem's he has had nothing cunstructive to say beside's is, 'moral high ground' remark's. Don't get me wrong, I like a good discussion just like the anyone else, but people who have nothing constructive to say and whom try to show how much better they are don't deserve my time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join