It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart after 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, being the seven year anniversary for the tragic attacks on the Twin towers in New York, I believe it is a time when we should all come together and put our ideologies and conspiracies aside, and look back at the horrors that happened on that day, and thank God, or whomever you believe that you are still alive, and pray and wish peace upon those who have lost loved ones. Now, I know there are probably many threads here on ATS regarding the "anniversary" but for this one, I found a special video.
Note, I didn't not create this thread to cause a debate over any 9/11 issues, other than the fact that thousands of people lost lives, and lost lives trying to save lives. If this is in the wrong section, or redundant, then please move it.
This video I have watched was quite moving for a very good reason. Now, I don't know how many of you watch Jon Stewart, but as you know, he is a funny "alternate" comedian news anchor staring on the Daily Show. His show covers current events, mainly focusing on American politics, and if you are into that, can cause some really big laughs. However, following 9/11, Jon Stewart did a post 9/11 speech on his show, in what I would call one of the most sincere speeches from anyone famous, never mind a comedian.

The comedian, almost in tears, outlines the tragic events, and how us as citizens and people around the world may feel, and shows us that we will never know unless we experience it first hand, how it feels to lose a loved one in such a disaster. The part that gets me is how not conformist, and well, like I said, sincere his speech is. It doesn't seem like something thrown together to make yourself feel better knowing that you did your part by apologizing to the nation, but it seems like it was really from his heart.
I think in this video, is something we can all learn if we already haven't. Regardless of who did what, and what the government is and isn't up to, people died, and people are suffering because of those events. When you are one of those people, the truth isn't the issue. The void of a lost one is.
So here, because I cannot embed the video (it is a JW FLV video), I will give you the link to the website. Post 9/11 Jon Stewart episode

Maybe I'm a bit late, and maybe no one cares what this guy has to say, but I thought I would share it, because for a moment, when I watched it, I could see someone that cared. Someone that had a large public audience but wasn't afraid to share their true heart. An icon to some, but it didn't matter.
Thanks.

[edit on 123030p://555 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Never saw that before, thanks for digging it up.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am so glad you posted that!! I became a Jon Stewart fan in 2004, and had never seen that episode. You are right, he was moving and honest. That really made the memories of that day flood back in! I always block it out when this day (sept 11) rolls around every year. Was a terrible day for all Americians, no matter what you think happened. I hope you get many readers!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i have read this news...

new topics

top topics

join