It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why NOW???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
well we r living in a time when our morales r really low cuz of the economy and all. we need a distraction to keep us from thinking of negative thought which would lead to a revolt. this plan is new, bold, and if it succeeds, american morale will sky rocket

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I cant help thinking that the reason we havent been back to the moon is because we never went originally - it was all a hoax! The craft wasnt thick enough to protect the astronauts from the radiation - it doesnt make sense + the computers they did it with were ridiculously slow and not up to the job.

I think that since then we have carried out covert missions to the moon - now that the technology is advanced enough.

I think the reason for going to Mars is that quite simply the earth has VERY LITTLE time left!

jra

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
dac101: I suggest you do a search and look up one of hundreds of threads about moon landings. They did happen. For one, you don't need a thick hull to protect against the radiation that was out there. It was a high energy proton radiation. Which is easier to block then the kind of radiation you get from a nuclear bomb.

you can also go here if you want to read some more. www.clavius.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
well we r living in a time when our morales r really low cuz of the economy and all. we need a distraction to keep us from thinking of negative thought which would lead to a revolt. this plan is new, bold, and if it succeeds, american morale will sky rocket

wouldn't it make more sence to put that money into something that would help boost the economy?
it makes no sence to me that we're spending money on scientists to explore other planets rather than on scientists who can work on the earth, figure out different ways to save the enviroment and cut energy costs.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why now. Because we can now, political reasons & maybe they know something as well.

why didnt the human race continue after the first moon landings???

Lost interest, lack of money, told to stay away, or maybe we did continue & it's black.

why not send robots to mars back then??? why did we wait 'till now???

We didn't have the technology back then and or it was much more expensive. Now days every university has students making robots, and computer technology is cheap. 12 year old kids can build a robot out of parts from wallmart these days.

Originally posted by teenagehousewife

wouldn't it make more sence to put that money into something that would help boost the economy?
it makes no sence to me that we're spending money on scientists to explore other planets rather than on scientists who can work on the earth, figure out different ways to save the enviroment and cut energy costs.

It does boast the economy for the areas that have companies that produce products needed to achieve this.

The satellite photos have done much for the enviroment as it allows us to get a different perspective of what's happening etc.

Due to the high cost of getting fuel into orbit they've developed more efficient batteries, solar panels, hydrogen generators etc.

Then there always the possiblility that we will make some unexpected discovery that may lead to helping the earth as well.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would like to know why it will take so long to go to the moon, why in 11 years in 2015 when they managed to get to the moon in less than 9 years in the sixties, and since they have already been to the moon, its not as if we dont have the technolgy already so why a further 11 years?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
why are we expanding the exploration of space now???

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by they see ALL]
First of all, in order to seek better understanding, we need to get out of the paradigm of (political) and (monetary) reasons for current space operations. NASA, world governments and the like have all the money and power in their hands to do what they want. If we think this is all just for (political) or (money) reasons, we are blinded from the real 'truth'. Money and political stances are what the elite world 'leaders' use to blind the slave human race on the real agenda behind the space operations.

Yes, the Government and NASA organizations know the real reasons for space operations and maybe Bush does, too. My honest opinion is that it's not for the benefit for all of humankind, but because humanity on Earth is headed for something big, possibly disastrous to the rulers on Earth, but thinking it's for (political) or (monetary) reasons is what blinds us to what the real agenda is.

We, or I should say they, have developed technology behind closed doors. They are supposedly advanced, something like 50 years, in what we are currently exposed to. The reasons for space exploration, and all the space probes, are still behind closed doors.

The whole space exploration is kind of mysterious because these types of operations are very close to the coming 2012 prophecies.

Like I said, they hold us in slavery to their 'created' dollar, while they sit in palaces and know where UFO's come from, what alien beings are, the real reasons for taking over Iraq etc.

The real answers will never be about money or political issues, but those central to humanity outside the paradigm of money and politics.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gollwog
I would like to know why it will take so long to go to the moon, why in 11 years in 2015 when they managed to get to the moon in less than 9 years in the sixties, and since they have already been to the moon, its not as if we dont have the technolgy already so why a further 11 years?

I've often wondered why we don't have a colony on the moon by now. I was a child when I watched the moon landing & Neil Armstrong on a Black & White television. I believe we did go there unlike some folks. It's possible that NASA just got way to bloated as many government agencies tend to do and the space shuttle program ate up most of their resources.

Maybe we could get someone from NASA to answer some of these questions.

I do know that, unless we have some newer technology that's hidden from us we'll have to create something new and that takes time. I don't think we'll ever see those huge rockets that we had in the sixties again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join