It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth kickboxes kangaroo in 'sick' video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

"How is that defenceble ???? "

It isn't defensible, nor is committing a crime against the perpetrator in order to punish him.

That is the point that myself and others have been making all along.

There are Laws to deal with people like this. The brutal vigilantism that has been suggested by several members of this board is despicable and downright Criminal.

If any of these members actually carried out the threats and suggestions they have made, they would be thrown in jail - and rightly so.

They would take the Law into their own hands and make themselves into even worse criminals than the one they would punish.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

It isn't defensible, nor is committing a crime against the perpetrator in order to punish him.

After reviewing all of your posts in this thread, I don't think that's true.

The point you've been trying to make is that anyone who thinks the boy(s) in the video should be disciplined for their actions places the value of animal life above human life.

Which is, when you put it plainly and don't drag in imaginary babies and puppies, obviously ridiculous and not at all the issue.

Venting anger verbally is a well-known and often practiced human technique for relieving stress. If you've never said "why I oughta ..." or "I wish somebody would .." in a moment of anger when told of someone doing something that is outrageous and offensive to you .. well, then you're either about ready to explode by now or should be nominated for sainthood.

The real ISSUE here, which I have seen over and over again since I've been on ATS, is that every time concerns about animal abuse and cruelty to animals are brought up, some people find it necessary to step in say we shouldn't worry about that, we should be protecting humans instead.

And I say, once again, it's not an either-or issue. As human beings I believe that we have sufficient capacity to object to ALL unnecessary cruelty and abuse.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Heike]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe they should put that punk kid in with a full sized Kangaroo,I'll guarentee he'll get his butt kicked back to New Zealand,aND i'D PAY TO WATCH

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

["How is that defenceble ???? "

with people like this. The brutal vigilantism that has been suggested by several members of this board is despicable and downright Criminal.

Do you really take everything literally?

Everyone that has been having a go at these little monsters has said this things due to the horrific nature of the crime, nobody is really gonna go out and do/ hope these things happen to him.....its called venting your anger. *SNIP*

These little terrors deserve whatever happens to them, whether that means jail, a $50,000 fine....or being bashed by a group of animal rights activists.....its called karma......deal with it

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many of those in this thread (who are advocating 'severely punishing' this kid) are practicing meat eaters .. if any of you are .. then you're quite the hypocrites

nothing against meat eaters though .. I'm a meat eater .. but if you do eat meat you can't possibly be so outraged by what this kid has done as we(meat eaters) indirectly support the torture and killing of animals

[edit on 17-9-2008 by dude77]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

"How is that defenceble ???? "

I already explained why, in my opinion, many people have taken that attitude. What would you do if someone came up and started beating your dog or your child. Would you call the police so justice could be served or might you snap a bit and go after the attacker?

There are Laws to deal with people like this. The brutal vigilantism that has been suggested by several members of this board is despicable and downright Criminal.

It's only criminal if they act on it. You can't be convicted for "thinking" about doing something.

If any of these members actually carried out the threats and suggestions they have made, they would be thrown in jail - and rightly so.

Let me ask you this. What would you do if you were standing there and this stupid kid started kicking a defenseless animal? Would you applaud him? Walk away and say it's not your problem? Or would you stop him? I can say, I would stop him from committing a crime. If that meant physically restraining him or the like, so be it. Too many don't want to get involved. We all have responsibility to all the creatures on this planet including ourselves. I choose to get involve because I know it's morally right. I understand the anger here against this stupid, morally twisted kid. He needs to be locked up.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude77
It would be interesting to know how many of those in this thread (who are advocating 'severely punishing' this kid) are practicing meat eaters .. if any of you are .. then you're quite the hypocrites

nothing against meat eaters though .. I'm a meat eater .. but if you do eat meat you can't possibly be so outraged by what this kid has done as we(meat eaters) indirectly support the torture and killing of animals

[edit on 17-9-2008 by dude77]

There's a huge difference between eating meat for survival and torturing an animal for pleasure. In fact, if our remote ancestors, hadn't hunted and eaten meat, our brains would never have evolved to the size they are today. So once again, Big difference between survival and torture.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I believe they should put that punk kid in with a full sized Kangaroo,I'll guarentee he'll get his butt kicked back to New Zealand,aND i'D PAY TO WATCH

thats why we cant find them ... they gone to play with them sheepz in da bootz.

punished

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I would love to see that kid square up against me, I garuntee I would knock his ass out cold like he did to that kangaroo. He may be able to punch out a 45kg kangaroo, but I garuntee you he wouldn't punch out a 205 pound ex wrestler who benches 260. God I would love a chance to fight this kid...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I would love to see that kid square up against me, I garuntee I would knock his ass out cold like he did to that kangaroo. He may be able to punch out a 45kg kangaroo, but I garuntee you he wouldn't punch out a 205 pound ex wrestler who benches 260. God I would love a chance to fight this kid...

I completely agree!!! Some people on this thread can't understand why we're so angry at this mental moron. Can you explain why you feel this way? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The funniest thing about this thread is all the Mr Internet Tough Guys on here I'd seriously bet money the kid would knock you all on your asses. Anyone who feels the need to make comments like that would more than likely wet themselves in real life.

On the main subject a Kangaroo gets knocked out and somehow it's the crime of the century there are far worse things on the internet and thing being done animals far less able to protect themselves than a Kangaroo.

I've seen a video of someone setting fire to a cat online and that hasn't got the attention of someone punching a Kangaroo that's about the same size as him.

Everyone is a drunken teen at some point and does things they regret or wouldn't normally to offer rewards for this kid who just knocked over a Kangaroo is pretty messed up prioritys.

There is no sign the Kangaroo was anything but Knocked out it could have jumped up twenty seconds later and hopped off.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Shamanator]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yes there being worse videos online there is some pretty sick stuff out there but I think it was worse a few years ago before sites like Ogrish closed down anyway.
As for the guy who hit the Kangaroo he should probably be punished but it shouldn't be overboard what he did was quite cruel but in the scheme of things animals probably get treated worse everyday. I'd guess this guys probably panicked with a whole country after him for something he thought had no consequences.

Goes to show you that there are cameras everywhere and you always run a risk of being caught by them so think first.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
That coward needs a swift lead coated cosh right to the tip of his lower mandible that should sort his bullyish cowardly ass out for sure

[edit on 9/15/2008 by altered_states]

I take my recent statement back its not the kids fault he has a intellect level of a mollusc

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
I've seen a video of someone setting fire to a cat online and that hasn't got the attention of someone punching a Kangaroo that's about the same size as him.

Im sure that would warrant a lot of attention here to and it is disgraceful....but it wasnt posted, so stop comparing it to this

Everyone is a drunken teen at some point and does things they regret or wouldn't normally to offer rewards for this kid who just knocked over a Kangaroo is pretty messed up prioritys.

Not all drunken teens knock out native species

Did you do it as a teen? Did anyone on ATS go bashing animals while drunk? I know I never have and never will

There is no sign the Kangaroo was anything but Knocked out it could have jumped up twenty seconds later and hopped off.

And it may never have got up again.....there was no sign that it was injured more serious either, yet it couldve been

[edit on 18/9/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The funniest thing about this thread is all the Mr Internet Tough Guys on here I'd seriously bet money the kid would knock you all on your asses. Anyone who feels the need to make comments like that would more than likely wet themselves in real life.

On the main subject a Kangaroo gets knocked out and somehow it's the crime of the century there are far worse things on the internet and thing being done animals far less able to protect themselves than a Kangaroo.

-I agree with you, but unlike many of the other incidents - like the "Iraqi puppy" thrown off of a cliff by marines - this one has circumstances which allow room for creative retaliation. The accuser is not even full grown and the would-be 'Avengers' are perfectly safe behind their keyboards.

This is why there is so much bluster and "If I laid my hands on him Id...because I can benchpress 260" and "I'm 'the badness in real life', I will break him " -woof. woof.

This sort of commentary only takes away from the matter at hand. Instead of sharing our Revenge Fantasies we should be documenting just what laws he broke, finding the means within Bills and Acts that would allow us to contribute to the prosecution of this individual. Surely this would be more constructive than sharing revenge fantasies?

Maybe we could even try and track him down using the interview process - remember we are all only separated by six degrees 'of kevin bacon' - in actuality it more like five meetings, but oh well.

*If there was a UFO in the vid, we would have found the location it was filmed at by now. We would have even extrapolated the time and relative latitude given the position of the sun and relationships between objects and their shadows. We need that vigour here.

Have any of you even researched outside of the article and video itself?
Surely the reward money would suffice to motivate you to do some investigatory work.

Thus far, no one has posted any "Leads" so I must assume that you fellas are keeping them to yourselves out of greed (j/k)
$25k is a tidy sum, though helping to bring the Law to this miscreant is a reward in itself.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanator

what the hell is wrong with you? if that was your child laying there unconsciuos, would you say the same thing? violence begets violence, and it's fairly obvious that the poor kangaroo wasn't doing anything to deserve such a "fun" beating! i'd hate to see what your definition of "fun" is?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's like trying to figure out if a grenade is fake or not by pulling the pin.

I don't think anyone believes this is the crime of the century. It is however a crime and people despise criminals who hurt the innocent (ie children and animals). Why is this so hard to understand for some of you????

I wonder how that person would feel if he was set on fire???? I find that sickening also and hope he gets a nice long HARD jail sentence

There's a huge difference between knocking over a lamp at your buddies house "cause you were drunk" and torturing animals for fun. I find it disturbing that you can write this off as a "drunken teen" mistake.

So that makes it ok? If the animal was tortured but in the end, it wasn't badly injured, you think it's ok??
REALLY?
REALLY??
Very scary moral boundaries you have there

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just saw the vid on youtube...wow...I had instant awkward feeling in me when the kangaroo was hit out. I hope those bastards get what's headed to them.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
I just saw the vid on youtube...wow...I had instant awkward feeling in me when the kangaroo was hit out. I hope those bastards get what's headed to them.

You're not alone my friend. I'm still having a hard time believing some people on this thread, don't think it's a big deal and that we are over reacting ????

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join