It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth kickboxes kangaroo in 'sick' video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Youth kickboxes kangaroo in 'sick' video

news.ninemsn.com.au

The RSPCA has condemned a sickening online video that shows a kickboxing youth beating a kangaroo unconscious.

The video, uploaded to the ORSM.net website, shows the youth kicking and punching the kangaroo while his laughing friend films the attack.

Holding a joint press conference with police in Western Australia today, the RSPCA appealed for anyone with information about the attack to come forward.

Police in all states are assisting in what has become a national manhunt to track down the group of animal torturers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I sure hope they catch these disgusting excuses for human beings. The cops are really out to get the offenders

Animal abuse seems to be an all to common occurence these days, from the soldiers throwing those puppies of a cliff, to this. Its about time the laws were changed to make offenders cop a heavier jail sentence

Thoughts on this?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here is a link to the video: www.youtube.com...

I was always under the impression that Kangaroos would viciously attack you if they felt threatened.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Can we say..... CARTOONS? ... namely Walt Disney cartoons? ....

find it interesting no one has done this already.

Humans making connections where they shouldn't, it's an animal, and you're a violent brute, no need to beat the damn animal senseless.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

I was always under the impression that Kangaroos would viciously attack you if they felt threatened.

No thats a myth.....there primary instinct is to run I think, although I would like to see the coward in question take on a 7 foot tall red kangaroo. Probably get his guts ripped open by the nails on their feet...in fact I think that should be his punishment

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This story just came through on ninemsn.com. It appears as though this isnt an isolated incident. I just hope that they catch these guys before they do this again

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What always amazes me is the Public's reactions to horrific act's or violence towards animals when it happens every day. Pets being starved or beaten, Rhinoceros hunted by AK47's into extinction or Sun Bears with intravenous taps into their bile duct's are common every day events ( I don't condone ).

The simple fact is that Humans are vile and disgusting creatures who do things that are in fact evil, don't be stunned or controlled by a single bashing of a Kangaroo when I have seen first hand 300+ Kangaroos turned into mince meat by trucks every night without compassion. Every night...night after night on a Country route to deliver goods and pick up produce just so the City folk can have their Mango's and Banana's fresh in their store of choice in the mornings.

This particular area is awash with Kangaroo's and is a migration route for them away from the hot desert winds during the summer and back into the desert when the rains come to graze. So crying over 1 single bashing of a Kangaroo is totally rediculous in my mind when in a week well over a thousand and turned into road kill on the side of the road for you City folk.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Having travelled round Australia and seeing the numerous number of carcasses of kangarros, eagles and livestock killed by trucks I do sort of agree with you

I think the main point here is the intent by the offenders to inflict harm on an animal which was minding its own business. I know people in the outback have to kill kangaroos to stop them from damaging crops and culling them to prevent them from over breeding, I mean, Ive even been roo shooting. But to stand there bashing one across the head until it is unconscious and then sadistically laughing at the poor animal who was obviously injured is a completely different scenario

[edit on 11/9/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

That is a very, very good point!

This kid is an idiot, no doubt, but, seriously deer get in in PA and i'm sure alot of America, I have sen them flattened by the dozen...

I'm suprised no one has crated a solution for road crossings to date?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Reddupo

No thats a myth.....there primary instinct is to run I think, although I would like to see the coward in question take on a 7 foot tall red kangaroo. Probably get his guts ripped open by the nails on their feet...in fact I think that should be his punishment

Yes, they will run, unless cornered. Then they will fight.

As the article states, it's very disorientated. Definately not behaving normal.

I think these people probably think they have "won", so they will keep on doing it. I hope after a few cartons they back a big red into a corner.

They won't win that one.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I agree with you OZ ,like i have told you before i have been roo shooting many times, but i think this kind of Attack is a total out rage.

After watching the news last night on tv it seems to me like the roo had been shot or hit by a car and thats why it was not taking off + the head lights of the car blind the roos

Just to let ALL the Australian people know a reward for $15000 Has been placed for information leading to the arrest of this person

[edit on 11-9-2008 by duffster]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
Just to let ALL the Australian people know a reward for $15000 Has been placed for information leading to the arrest of this person

[edit on 11-9-2008 by duffster]

Im glad about that.

It appears as though the West Australian police are taking this one very seriously. I hope that if they catch this guy or anyone that partook in this they lock them up for a few years.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That was very weak indeed.The kangaroo seemed half tame.And was smaller than him.
It didn't even know he was fighting it.It didn't even know what was going on.
I hope they lock this little moron up and he learns what its like to have the crap beaten out of him by bigger people on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just a couple of kids having a laugh the Kangaroo is considered something of a pest anyway I believe and it isn't unknown for them to attack humans.

They say even the kittens in Australia are poisonous.

Hunting with fists should be considered more sporting in my opinion I'm sure there plenty shot every day with no fuss.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Heres a quote from a native wildlife expert:

"It's very disoriented," Mr McLeod said. "It is very unusual for a kangaroo to fight like that as they invariably flee. I would hazard a guess that it has been knocked over by the car and injured. Certainly it has been stunned in some way."

www.news.com.au...

Real tough guy it seems.

Like to see how he goes against someone/something that can fight back.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Just a couple of kids having a laugh the Kangaroo is considered something of a pest anyway I believe and it isn't unknown for them to attack humans.

You dont much about kangaroos do you? They will only attack if cornered and provoked. They are quite shy animals

Hunting with fists should be considered more sporting in my opinion I'm sure there plenty shot every day with no fuss.

How is cornering an animal and bashing the living sh*t out of it considered sporting? If I came over to your house and bashed you, would that be considered a sport?

Answer..... no, I would end up in jail for assault or grievous bodily harm, and if I hurt you bad enough it could even turn into murder.

There is a difference between killing one quikcly with a well placed shot to the head and cornering one, torturing it and kicking, kneeing and punching it....all while the animal is in an obvious distressed state

After your comments and watching the video, its is obviously clear that some of us humans have not evolved past the simplest of creatures

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yeah people are pretty messed up sometimes. I once came across a video on the net of a young woman shooting a bear out of a tree. If that wasn't bad enough, her and her boyfriend then proceeded to have sex ON THE DEAD BEAR CARCASS!!! Fortunately I can't recall where I saw it, but it just goes to show how truly effed up people are and how you'll never see it all on the net.

On the other hand...
I was in Australia this summer and although I did eat kangaroo loin, I think it was probably killed in a humane fashion. At least I hope it was, or that would make the Aussies quite hypocritical. Offering 15 grand for some dudes that seem to be making an audition tape to work in a butcher shop.

BTW ........it was delicious.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Serial killers and all round phycho start with animals, well now fact, so yes there should be a very heavy jail term, anyone who can seriously harm or kill a defenseless animal could just as easy do it to a person.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ebaneeza

I agree with those who want to see this kid punished severely. What a sadistic
little bastard.
People who prey on the weak and defenseless (be it humans or animals) simply because they can, are among the lowest form of life. The world would be a MUCH better place without them.

I'm disgusted by replies from people dismissing this as kids playing around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join