It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11th, where were you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
On September the 11th I came back home in the morning only to find out what had happened in New York City that day. It was unreal and I didnt know what to think of it... I mean i felt these things were not supposed to happen my time, that these attacks are suppose to be historic, not a current situation, but it was. I sat there and I just didnt know what to think about it, it was just so unreal. I guess it hit afew days afterwords, before I just had been confused and to an extend worried about the implications of these attacks. I sat down all day watching it, I tell ya after that day I could go nowhere without having a conversation about 911, it was just so outside real, yet it was.

So to you all here, where were you on the day of September 11th? How did you find out? Did anybody here actually see the planes hit? Was anybody watching the news as the planes hit?

Would be great to hear different stories of this tragic event.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

On Sept. 11 2001, My wife and I were getting ready to fly from Boise to Seattle so my wife could attend a trade show for her buisiness. We were packed and ready and watching the news so we could see what the weather would be like in Seattle. Suddenly the news report of the weather stopped and was interrupted by live footage of the Towers in NYC.
The first plane had already hit and the reporter was saying that it was a tragic accident. The camera was on the towers still. What happened next I will remember for the rest of my life. I watched as another plane appeared in the picture and hit the other tower. My wife and I were stunned. I said to her that there was no way that this was an accident and that the U.S. was obviously under attack.
Since all air traffic was quickly grounded, we were not going anywhere. We took all of our clothes that were packed and a few extra, got all of our guns and ammo, packed up the truck and headed for the mountains. At the time I surmised that there may have been other attacks and felt that a retreat to the hills was a good plan.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
On September 11th, i was walking into my fifth grade class in northern new jersey by sayreville. my teacher was looking up at the tv screen as we all walked into the room. we sat there for atleast 20 minutes in aw at was was unfolding. we were all little kids at that time yet we knew what would change after that day. we all got sent home in case anything else happened. when i got home me and my family went outside and we could see the smoke on the horizon.
My father was doing some work for IEBW across the river when the plane hit, before they evacuated the building he got a few shots of the towers. he had no idea they would be falling moments after he exited the building. A few weeks later he was working as a steel cutter to help clean up the initial debris, he told me how everyone changed for those few weeks. there were no assholes, nobody argued, they were picking up wallets left and right and they kept their respect and handed every single piece of personal property over, it was like everyone came together. he saw the toughest guys he knew with tears in there eyes for the first time.
I respect and honer all the people who came together on that day and months after to overcome that tragedy. To everyone who lost their life, and everyone who gave theirs to save others, god bless you. This is your day, it will never be patriots day to me, this is a day we should take to give respect and honer those who went above and beyond on that day.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was getting ready for work. My husband had the day off and when I emerged from the bathroom I knew by the look on his face that something very big had happened. He told me that New York was under attack, that a commercial plane had flown into a building, and even though his face was very clear, I still laughed, thinking he was pulling my leg. I was an hour late to work that day because another plane flew into another building and I just couldn't pull myself away from the TV.

Both towers collapsed before I left, and when I got to work, nobody noticed or cared that I was late. Radios and tv's weren't allowed at our cubicles for obvious reasons, but someone brought in a radio and management gathered in our cubicles to listen. Nobody really talked that day.

We all cried during the day, the men and the women, usually taking turns. We all called home a lot. I just remember being so scared that this was it, this was WW3. I was hurting for the people in New York and scared for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There's already a thread like this easy to find.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join