It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush isn't in charge, says Vladimir Putin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

George Bush isn't in charge, says Vladimir Putin

www.timesonline.co.uk

In a thinly veiled dig at George Bush, Vladimir Putin today suggested that the US President was not in charge of American affairs, saying that it was “the court that makes the king”.

Amid heightened tensions with the US in the wake of the war in Georgia, the Russian Prime Minister insisted that the US leader was a man of honour and integrity, but blamed members of the administration for the sharp deterioration of relations with Russia.

”I still hope we will maintain good relations, but it is the court that makes the king,” he told a group of foreign journalists in an interview at his residence in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.

He nonetheless spoke fondly of his relationship with Mr Bush, saying, only half-jokingly: ”I treat President Bush better than some Americans would”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don’t really trust Putin because of his past as a KGB agent but this makes him sound pretty lucid. It’s to bad Bush and Putin can’t get together and solve the issues that are dividing us right now. Putin is probably correct though in saying that other elements in the U.S. government are behind some of their actions.

You've got to admit that they look quite friendly in the picture.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
PALIN
mccain

It’s funny because it’s true.

What this Putin quote tell me is that he sees himself as a king, and W as a sock puppet. Scary because it's true.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Bush and Putin ARE working together. It is only the subjects of the world (us) that are being fought against, IMO.

I believe this because of the Russian/Venezuelan joint war simulation set to start the DAY BEFORE our elections in the Carribean sea. This will certainly renew the Cold War in Americans' eyes and the republicans are the only party that stands to gain ANYTHING from this fearmongering... Thanks to Bush AND Putin.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would have to say I agree with Putin

President Bush is a representation of the country but he doesn't make the decisions... congress does. He does however have the right to overrule them and make decisions without them... HOWEVER he does have a large group that helps him plan that out... Advisors....

The fact that Putin thinks he is king like someone else said is VERY scary. This isnt about... kingdoms. Maybe to the Global Elite it is about kingdoms but the truth is... its not. The people make the country. The Elite control the people that control the county. So the end result is they are the control, but they are lazy as... sin. They have no point being in control. My idea of a president is kinda like Putin. Hes Slightly Athletic and he has a histroy of actually doing something. Our Presidents in the U.S. have a heritage of being handed everything... being Royalty. its actually pretty disgusting. I dont like Putins Ideology of the world, but his representation is better... Bush makes the U.S. look like cowards and McCain and Palin arent helping anything. Heaven Forbid Obama and Biden make it.

Its a very interesting concept of how tough it is to become president. You have to be able to suck up to people and pretend you mean it and keep supporting the Oil Business. If you really wanted to Piss the U.S. off All that it would take to do so would be go to Green Energy. The Oil Industries would force the president to go to war. Problem Solved... because that is what they all want...

[edit on 11-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is clear that the Russians and the Chinese have decided to take on the New World Order and if that means military confrontation so be it. The flashpoint will be if either the USA or Israel attack Iran.
They will have a very nasty surprise waiting for them in the form of advanced missiles (Sunburn)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
there hasnt been a president in charge for a long long time.

they have become actors,the face to take the flack and throw the chaff.
their roll has changed to being the frontman everyones sees,whilst the true power players lurk behind the scenes,in the shadows,in the dark.

i wonder if bush minds constantly taking the blame for others mistakes and criminality?,its so easy to blame bush when those truely responsible get off without a whimper of protest.

has bush been used?,i think the answer is yes.
will mcain be used to?,probably so.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
I don’t really trust Putin because of his past as a KGB agent...

Fair enough. I don't trust Bush as his father was Director of the CIA.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
I don’t really trust Putin because of his past as a KGB agent...

Fair enough. I don't trust Bush as his father was Director of the CIA.

You people just have to get your digs in don't you?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Digs or not, though a former President who was also Former Head of the CIA is a relevant point of ponderance, it should be evident in this day that the 'head office of President' is not the 'decider'...

Putin just told us what we should already know....and I am confident that 'One Man' doesn't run ussia by hisself...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

And your confidence is warranted. Russia, like many other nations, has to pass decisions through a body of peers before anything gets done.

Some call them parliament, others call it the senate, or congress... but it all works the same way. Except for the American version where that body of peers is merely rubber stamping all decisions with a big YES.

Putin has hit the nail on the head here.
Difference between he and I being that he respects Bush... I figure him to be a puppet, and too stupid to realize it himself. And I have no respect for stupid people.

He's right though, Vladmir. Bush isn't the person in charge of your country... the people who got him there are. Bascically the companies that financed his way to power are the ones who are making the decisions... and you, the people don't get to question them.

Still... even though he's an idiot, it doesn't justify allowing him to get away with what has happened so far. Even idiots have to account for their short comings. Being an idiot is no escape, just means he's accountable for incompetence on top of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
John Sky

Im not sure where you get off calling Americans Idiots... Im really not.

The people that do stand up for what they beleive normaly do it in a bad way thus they are either dead or having fun in jail.

The people who do stand up for what they beleive get shafted when they go to the court system (doing it the right way)

The People who know better Just go to work and try to enjoy their miserable existance.

Im not really sure that you udnerstand how the system works over here... THere is no choice. You try to beat the system you get burnt, you critique the system you get scolded, you think about the system you get hot, you ignore it you freeze over in hell.

We are all puppets, im surprised nobody is asking the real question... who is the puppet master? Christians would call him the AntiChrist, Muslims might too (muslim extremists and christian extremists will call him the Christ) The indians would call him... I forget that name. Its really interesting though that every culture and every religion has a name for this corrupted being... but nobody knows who he is.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
We are all puppets, im surprised nobody is asking the real question... who is the puppet master?

Dick Cheney, that's who I think pulls most of the strings on Bush!

I think Putin's comments are due to Cheney's visit to Georgia and his responses afterward.

Cheney to visit war-torn Georgia next week

PREVIEW-Cheney's Georgia trip brings message to Russia

Visiting Georgia, Dick Cheney assails Russia

Cheney slams Russia for war against Georgia

Cheney Condemns Russia's Invasion of Georgia

Putin's statement happened after this Georgia - Russia conflict and after Cheney's visit to the area.

I wouldn't doubt that he might feel that Cheney is actually the "puppet master" after his visit to Georgia!

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

join