It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relocating to Denver CO from Christchurch NZ.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I didnt know where to park this so here it is, Mods please move if needed.

Kia ora,
Well after 4yrs living as a kiwi in Christchurch, New Zealand my compnay is relocating me (and family) back to the United States.

I have to say , I found my heart in New Zealand, beautiful place, beautiful people...My family and I have essentially been adopted by my many Maori friends from the Nga Puhi Iwi and treated as whanua (extended family).

To my Kiwi ATS mates Agit8chop, Xpert11, Goodwolf, Greenfruit, Havalon, Mr Gunter, Chch Kiwi...I will miss you all and your way of life!

a pic from Moraki boulders...
i297.photobucket.com...

I wont say goodbye to this beautiful country and people, I will just say...

Ka kite ano! (see you again!)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by deadbang]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, Colorado welcomes you with open arms.
I understand your pain of leaving somewhere that you love, but I hope you will be able to find a second home here nestled against the rocky mountains.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well at least you moved to one of the best (IMO) states in the US. I wish I'd be relocated there. Denver's a bit too populated for my taste though.

Just curious... is there much difference in the cost of living between Colorado and NZ?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Kruel, Wages are lower generally here in NZ...as to cost of living...

Houses and cars, bout the same in price once you taken into account the exchange rate...

Groceries and Gas, no comparison NZ is much more expensive, but in my opinion that points to economy of scale...300 million consumers can really drive down prices compared to 4 million.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Alora, thanks heaps!, my family and I are really looking forward to the Rocky Mountian Way!...see you soon

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Christchurch I hope that your move goes well and that you are able to return for a holiday soon if you wish to . Your company has a lousy sense of timing you are going to miss out on voting in the election that has just been called .

[edit on 11-9-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
No kidding man, and I will double winters this time...damn!

When we came over in 2004 we did double summers...and the boys had a really extended summer vacation.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by deadbang]

top topics

join