It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11, Patriot Day, Call It What You Wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As most of you well know today is, or at least for most the world, September 11th. I observed the moment of silence, and began to think about what it truly meant. I think I can speak for most Americans in saying that seven years ago today, our world fundamentally changed. In the course of one morning the path of the United States was diverted toward the path it follows today. This can be especially be said for the generation which has grown up under the attacks. I was in the fourth grade when the attacks occurred. I think it can be said that it is the most influential day of the new millennium. As I look back at the ramifications of this day, so much emotion flows. I remember the shock. the grieving. I remember people praying and hoping that their loved ones would be the next to arise from the rubble. Most of all however I remember our nation coming together as i had never seen before or since. I recall headlines of one mile lines to donate blood. I remember emergency workers taking leaves from work to travel to New York City and assist in the recovery effort. I remember President Bush, whether or not you like the man is of little significance in this regard, giving his speech to the nation. I remember that our nation united together to recover and too stand strong. I take from those fateful days in September that seem but weeks ago, That as a nation we can unite and but aside our differences. I am proud of the sacrifice made by those patriots who gave their lives for their fellow countrymen and women. I mourn the almost 3000 who died and all the innumerable casualties of this Attack. Whether it was an attack for inside or outside I feel proud to be an American, because as Americans we are strong.

(If this post is in the wrong forum I am sorry this is my first official post and still kinda shaky on where things go.)

join