It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Sorry High Apprentice for the confusion, but I was indeed being sarcastic.

Palin is a horrible choice for VP, and obviously selected for her womanly parts. This woman has NO foreign policy experience, no matter how they try to inflate her credentials, nor how close she is to Russia.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by princeofpeace

The only reason it would of been interesting, is because if that were true ( Georgia being in Nato ) then what would Russia's response be, to an attack BY NATO ?

because we all know the truth behind who threw the first punch here, so lets not pretend like Russia is to blame.
As much as I dislike Mccain, what she's saying is what 'has' to be said.
Its like saying we wouldnt retaliate if something happened.

she's basically saying if russia did something haneous, we'd have to attack.

Do we? I personally think Russia threw the first punch. They did publicize and lie about the "genocide" the georgians caused. How about all the georgians villages that were burned, looted? How about all of the Georgians that were never heard from again? What do you say about the Separatist shelling the Georgian positions before Georgia responded. All of that is irrelevant, because Russia is so nice, and have been for the last century. They have been great to there neighbors and all, there is no reason for them to be running to nato.

Furthermore, The russians wont even let the unarmed observers into the area's. I wonder why? The Georgians are claiming that Georgians living in the separatist regions were cleansed, Russia won't let the international community verify or discredit this. I find this strange. Please don't side step the direct question of why no international observers? Also, if the Russians are peace keepers, why did they let the separatist kill and loot Georgian Villages?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by ppskylight

Greetings bigbert81,

When a person that may in the near future be in the position to send us all to Armagedon refuses to exercise MUCH diplomacy and THINK for 5 seconds in front of the global media (TV) and say she considers pulling the ICBM's trigger button, this becomes an EXTREMELY REAL and SERIOUS issue! If McCain wins and becomes out of governing capacity for any reason, she would take his place.

NO NATION IN THE WORLD would win anything in a thermonuclear war - and the immediate failure of the world's environment, with its renewable resources destroyed, would send us directly to the Medieval Age if not worse! No breathable air, No drinking water, No food, and No shelter for thousands of miles - for ALL NATIONS in the North Hemisphere !!! Her rise would be a strong case for all of these nations to cutt relations with the US, as it is became a threat to their National Security - to start with!
Do you like it??? Or you think the US and Russia have ANY right to eliminate other nations' air, soil, water and all natural resources?

High Apprentice

What the hell are you talking about? When did she say I am going to pull the ICBM trigger. Just make up what ever you want and say she said it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Well thanks at least you took the time to understand my meaning because we are in the same level.

Madam VP candidate is just trying to be like the rest of the boys giving a Washington main stream opinion, after all it is a men's world in Washington.

But at least she share something in common with the boys specially Cheney, she likes hunting.

So much speculation and propagandas and at the end like I said nobody is going to attack Russia no nato and neither the US.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I found this a little frightening.

I'm not interested in the US being the worlds police force.

I don't want to war with Russia over Georgia.

Sorry but it's just not worth it to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Wow, you are doing a wonderful job of taking her entire response WAY out of context. What she stated is that she supports the admission of Georgia into NATO. Then during the conversation she stated that the entire purpose of NATO (under Article 5) states that we all stand up for eachother, and assist eachother as best we can.

It's quite telling that you mention the purpose of NATO. What IS the purpose of NATO, pray tell? In particular, as it applies to inclusion of Georgia? Is it not an attempt at Russia encirclement?

it is a Pact of Nations having eachother's backs so as to prevent Soviet Bloc aggression

Last time I checked the Soviet bloc was long gone.

Regardless of how you feel about the South Ossetian Conflict, you need to realize that Georgia has one of the greatest numbers of MIL Personnel in Iraq in support of OIF, and in Afghanistan in support of OEF.

In practical terms, the numbers were entirely insignificant compared to the US and UK. I'm not saying Georgians did not sacrifice (they did) but the fact that they went to Iraq was pathetic in the first place.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greysave

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Greetings bigbert81,

When a person that may in the near future be in the position to send us all to Armagedon refuses to exercise MUCH diplomacy and THINK for 5 seconds in front of the global media (TV) and say she considers pulling the ICBM's trigger button, this becomes an EXTREMELY REAL and SERIOUS issue! If McCain wins and becomes out of governing capacity for any reason, she would take his place.

NO NATION IN THE WORLD would win anything in a thermonuclear war - and the immediate failure of the world's environment, with its renewable resources destroyed, would send us directly to the Medieval Age if not worse! No breathable air, No drinking water, No food, and No shelter for thousands of miles - for ALL NATIONS in the North Hemisphere !!! Her rise would be a strong case for all of these nations to cutt relations with the US, as it is became a threat to their National Security - to start with!
Do you like it??? Or you think the US and Russia have ANY right to eliminate other nations' air, soil, water and all natural resources?

High Apprentice

What the hell are you talking about? When did she say I am going to pull the ICBM trigger. Just make up what ever you want and say she said it.

That wasn't to you, but the anonymous poster. Read the quote.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I really don't approve of threads like these, because common sense is that all politicians leave war on the table.

Are they ever going to say "War is not an option".... Lets do some critical thinking.

Because the future events are unknown, the decision to go to war with anyone is unknown. Therefore, war remains an option. Don't dwell too much into the statement.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
if russia attacks a nato country, or georgia, i think we should sit back and allow other members of nato to step up to the plate before us. this allows neutrality and other nations to show their membership without us extending ourselves to another war front, when we aren't even done with iraq yet. risking war with russia is not something a potential white house candidate should be speaking briefly yet strongly about on their first interview.

i would be interested to hear what putin's response to palin's remarks are?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That summed it up for me.

I now know who I'm NOT voting for.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is the dumbest person to come down the pike since bubba bush. America needs to elect these right-wing warmongers. America DESERVES another eight years of scum bags; and with the constant attention she gets from the jewish media - she will be in (and remember - McNasty is ancient, cancer ridden, has green teeth and is on his last legs). Enjoy America - you will get what you deserve.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow. Won't repeat a cold war but is willing to invade?

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd rather have a cold war than a real war. What the hell?

She'd rather instigate nuclear war than be scared of it?

reply to post by '___'eed

That's fine and well, but she took Cold War off the table. She said we will not have a cold war - ie. if anything we invade.

That's just nuts.

In case someone is asking what a cold war is:

Source

There were no weapons fired. No one was at war. It mostly consisted of arms building, advancement in technology and gathering of intelligence through spying.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No matter what country i was and no matter how big my armed forces where i would NOT even go there with russia haha

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenwephentephen
No matter what country i was and no matter how big my armed forces where i would NOT even go there with russia haha

Same goes for the United States. So what's Russia's excuse in encroaching on sovereign Georgian territory and internationally recognized borders? Should we not stand up to their bullying of one of our allies that needs our help, or should we let these former Soviet-bloc countries regress back into a resurgent and aggressive Russia that has found new wealth in the last few years to once again amass arms with. This is not an option for a democratic ally of our nation. We will not back down, it would send an incredibly strong message to ALL of our enemies that America has become weak and no longer has the will to fight. If that became the case, and America no longer was feared by her enemies, that is the day that America will fall.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

We did stand up for them...

That's not the same as saying we would rather have war than prolonged tension with them.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
And still this thread stays open. I guess we only need to stop "some" of the madness. Left wing madness is just fine.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

This isn't mudslinging...

Honestly, good look up the definition and think about it. Or, just take a look at the link in your profile and perhaps you'll see the difference:

"Does Obama Hate Babies"

v

"Palin leaves open option of war with Russia"

One is true, and one isn't.

Guess which one?

*edit:

Though a mod should change the title to the title of the actual article.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sarah made the pitbull comment. "What's the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom...lipstick" was her line, showing how feisty she was and proving to the admiring masses that she was a "fighter." It would be fair to say that the pit bull could have been wearing the lipstick.
I think Sarah is not much leadershipwise. Her interview on ABC was abysmal. She obviously was prepped quickly and had minimal time to learn about world issues. Defend Georgia? With supply lines stretching through the Black Sea? She's as bad as the Cowboy and in way over her little head.
The fact that she's a mom doesn't bother me. Her Momness is not an issue. Her cluelessness is what I take issue with. I don't really care if she's a one-legged purple Martian hermaphrodite named "Hoppy," I want a VP that can be a President if needs be and she's not showing me that she's any more than a small town mayor and a desperate political gamble by the GOP. If they win with this, the American public will have been duped again.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by pteridine]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

This isn't mudslinging...

Really?
So if I were to say Obamas answer to a question about Taxation was "Im gonna soak you" when what he really said was "Im not gonna soak you, but you will pay more" wouldnt be mudslinging/ Really sublime?
Becuase you and I both know toherwise so can the crap MMkay?

Honestly, good look up the definition and think about it. Or, just take a look at the link in your profile and perhaps you'll see the difference:

Is "yeah maybe" really an honest portrayal of Governors Palin's response t the question she was asked?
No, and you know it. Now I dont expect you to be able to put aside your own blinding partisan prejudices long enough to be able to see that, but everyone else can.

"Palin leaves open option of war with Russia"

Is not true. In fact all she did was restate Nato policy. The fact that you dont get tis mudslinging just proves how biased you are.

Nice try subby, but once again you partisan passions have blinded your brain. Sadly, the mods are no better apparently.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join