It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Cleveland Center 9/11 Air Controller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Article from Detroit Free Press - interviewing John Werth who was Air
Traffic Controller at Cleveland center on 9/11. Werth, now retired, was
working that date when United 93 was hijacked.

www.freep.com.../20080911/NEWS07/809110406

Mod edit: Here is a better link.

Man recounts struggle to rein in flight

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Can you post the entire link?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Article from Detroit Free Press - interviewing John Werth who was Air
Traffic Controller at Cleveland center on 9/11. Werth, now retired, was

I think this is the link here. Haven't read it yet.

www.freep.com.../20080911/NEWS07/809110406/1009/NEWS07

You can get the URL by clicking the "quote" button on my post. Then copy and paste to your browser.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Must be me, I get a 404 with the live link and pasting does not work....

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

I just tried copying and pasting the "quoted" link that I had in my previous post and it worked fine. Note: My link is different from the OP's.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for drawing attention to this interview. I'm not someone who has listened carefully to the various hijack tapes or given the plane movements on 9/11 a lot of study. I think that 9/11 plane experts will be interested in examining the interview with Werth in detail.

Here are a couple of excerpts I found interesting:

Every time Werth turned other planes away from Flight 93, the hijacked jet seemed to surge toward them, he recalled, raising
questions among controllers about what the hijackers were trying to do.

That is something I wasn't aware of. Very peculiar. Why?

As Werth struggled to keep other jets away from United 93, he had to turn the Delta flight (Delta 1989) several times. The pilots responded normally. He couldn't be sure of anything that day, but it seemed a safe bet that the Delta flight hadn't been hijacked.

However, Werth recalls, someone in the military seemed to have mixed up the Delta flight with the hijacked United jet. A supervisor rushed up to Werth and said, "It's the Delta!" Werth recalled. She told him that a military liaison on the phone had confirmed that the Delta jet was hijacked.

I don't know much about this aspect of things, NORAD, NEADS etc., but to Joe CT'er in the street it might look like the military was trying to keep things confused or keep the ATC's off balance in some way.

As I say, this aspect of the 9/11 story is not really my thing. Just some first reactions to Werth's story.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was listening to a rebroadcast of Coast to Coast AM tonight when George Noory played the tape of the radio transmissions between Flt. 93 and Cleveland ATC. At the end of the tape a female voice breaks into the transmissions, which, until that moment were being handled by a male voice, who I presume was Werth. This female voice asked other aircraft in the vicinity of Flt.93 if they could see any signs of smoke.

It strikes me as odd that another ATC would enter a tense series of transmissions already being handled by another controller. This lady was probably the supervisor Werth refers to in his interview as relaying a message that the military had sent stating that Delta 1989 was the hijacked aircraft.

Could it be that this supervisor was also told later, by the military again, that the hijacked jet had gone down? Was she trying to verify this information when she broke in to ask pilots in the area if they could see smoke? Is this incident a sign supporting the idea of a military shoot down of Flt.93?

Were the ATC supervisors a little further into the loop than regular ATC's?

Remember, an ATC supervisor is alleged to have destroyed a tape of an ATC post mortum session where air traffic controllers were asked to tell all the pertinent information they could remember about what happened at work that day.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Listen to the way that a BBC program on 9/11 spins the issue of the supposed confusion between Delta 89 (1989) and United 93. Note how their story of what was in the minds of air traffic controllers differs from the account given by the controller handling Flt. 93.

Remember also that according to Werth, the military was the source of the confusion regarding the status of Delta 89.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When you listen to what is said in the above video from BBC after having read the Werth interview it seems entirely possible that what happened to Delta 89 was not an innocuous mistake.

The BBC video goes to great pains to falsify what was in the minds of ATC's with regard to Delta 89. I'm sure that anyone listening to Werth's radio transmissions to United 93 and to Delta 89 knew exactly which plane had been hijacked.

Let us suppose for a moment that the confusion regarding the status of Delta 89, perpetrated by the military, according to Werth, was done in order to facilitate the special handling intended for United 93.

If United 93 was the intended object of a military operation to be carried out at Cleveland airport, the deployment of the military force to be used in that operation could be disguised as a deployment intended to deal with the advertised bomb and hijack situation involving Delta 89.

I'm not making allegations here. I don't know enough about what actually happened at the airport in Cleveland that day, how many planes landed, how many were evacuated, which terminal or building the evacuees went into, etc., etc.

Might it be possible that something of a shell game involving the passengers of these two planes went on that morning? Even having gone over the elements of this thread again, I don't have a table thumping, "Gotcha!" feeling about anything here, just a feeling of being tantalised by a situation.

I think Werth adds to the important question marks about that day. People looking at Cleveland in detail will be interested in Werth. Is he, in fact, a 911 whistleblower?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Werth, now retired, was

www.freep.com.../20080911/NEWS07/809110406

I find it interesting that most of the people who worked/knew something on and about 9/11 are retiring at a fast pace.

Chief Nigro comes to mind. There are more but off the top of my head, Nigro was the first to come to mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I wasn't aware of these retirements. I'm not surprised to learn about it. Of course, 9/11 was seven years ago, so obviously a lot of people in top jobs at the time will be reaching retirement age, but Nigro in particular was one who had one story on the day and then either changed it or dummied up later.

I have a suspicion that Cleveland is a very sinister part of the 9/11 story. I haven't a shred of evidence to back it up but I believe that the people on United 93 were disembarked from the aircraft and executed. I'm just talking off the top of my head here but I think it is within the realm of possibility that their bodies were taken to a VA hospital and incinerated.

Why a VA hospital? Just to keep it all in the family.

This would enable appropriate DNA data to be gathered for a later dog and pony show claiming victim identification from the crash site in Shanksville. (To be fair, I don't know that such a show took place, but that part of what I'm saying is secondary.)

Here is a great little video clip analysing the C.C. Lyles taped phone call from United 93. This lady is one of the real heroines of 9/11 and characteristically, in Bushwhacked America, almost no-one knows it. Why? Because she effed up her killers by not hanging up the phone when she finished making her call.

Be patient with the video's sound track. They do let you listen to the talk, eventually, with no musical backround.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

join