It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin interview/editing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Nope I haven't seen it. I'm sure it'll never come out, but usually when experienced national politicians have their interviews edited, it's good for one or two out-of-context sound-bites. She, on the other hand, sounded like a junior politician that was out of her league answering to the issues Gibson was posing questions about, and she seemed that way THE WHOLE TIME. That would need alot of editing to accomplish that.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by tommy_boy]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

She did very well in the first part, it was that second part when that I think she was caught unprepared to give an answer.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tommy_boy

Usually those who profess not to have a bias are the most biased of all. Most people who don't care one way or the other don't post in multiple threads about the Election like your post history shows. Perhaps I am mistaken. 26 of your 28 posts here relate directly the election and 11 of them this particular topic. As Rasheed Wallace is fond of saying "Ball don't lie".

I will wait to watch the whole thing and also wait to see how the public at large perceives it as well.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Edit: Can't spell.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
She talks like John McCain
If her voice wasnt feminine and I didnt see her face while she talked I would say she was him .

I am not voting for anyone so dont think I am being biased ..I am not.
I told my hubby that whatever they are putting in the water ..they must be drinking alot of it (Politicians in general)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I just can't get over how bad the editing was.

At one point, her lips still move and the sound just drops. The last three minutes of the first video portion are a real hatchet job.

Why is that??

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
If you study her ‘resume’, you’ll see that Ms. Palin got ‘ahead in life’ simply be being selfishly aggressive and ruthless whilst pillaging and plundering wherever she could. She is a poster-child of someone who ‘elbows’ their way to the top. She has never contributed anything of value to anything or anyone. She has only taken (from the world). If everyone was like Ms. Palin we’d be in hell.

You got all that from her resume?

:shk:

Can you share the link where that might be found?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Welp, you won't see posts on UFO's or aliens, or about Robbie Williams in my history either. I happen to be a political junkie, and the thing I read about the most, and Palin is the thing peeps are talking about. It's OK if you think I'm partisan, but the fact remains that in looking at this interview through objective eyes, there is no way someone can be intellectually honest enough to think Palin knocked it out of the park. I'd be saying the same thing if Hillary had performed like that, or if McCain or Obama performed like that. So let me try and extract your rationale a sec...

Watch the Youtube vids that a previous poster was kind enuf to post (cuz you mentioned you hadn't seen the whole thing yet), then come back and tell me, Repub, Dem, Independent hat aside, how this person, who was being interviewed because she is in the running for the second most important job position in the world, performed against the basic questions asked by a relatively mild interviewer? And don't measure the interview against how an "Average Joe" would do! Measure her against the communication skills and and well-rounded knowledge a world leader needs to have. Interested in your take.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tommy_boy

Weird, I can't seem to post on this thread now, just edit this one.

I get it now, they locked this thread too.

No worries here Tommy, I hope you enjoy your stay here, it's been a bumpy ride these last couple days, it will calm down.

You see the interview one way, I see it another, no big deal. She didn't perform badly IMO. The bits I have seen so far work for me without any glaring problems. We just see it differently I guess.

The parts we have seen are just snippets from the interview, looks like about 5 minutes worth.

Deleted your profile history, since I misread your post, I thought you said you did post to the UFO and other topics, my bad

[edit on 11-9-2008 by pavil can't read all the time]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Thank you for such an in depth analysis.

What planet are you from?

Honest.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Not sure I understand how that's relevant, maybe I'm missing your point. Is my opinion any less credible because I'm new to the site?

I applaud your opinion, my friend. We "are" all free to have one. I'm interested in your overall take after you see the interview.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join