It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Medicine vs Eastern Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I just wanted to get people opions on Western medicine vs Eastern medicine.

I tend to go with Eastern medicine, if my kids have a fever that gets dangerously high and i have done everything I know to break it and it won't break, then I will give them fever reducer. But I have formed an opinion that western medicine tends to just hide the syptoms and sometimes makes them better, but other times can make it worse. Example, if your hand hurts the pain is your body telling you that something could be wrong with your hand, but if you take pain reliever, you have just tricked your mind into saying that your hand no longer hurts ie..nothing wrong with it. So you continue using it when what it really needs to to be fixed or not do what you are doing to make it hurt.

What's your opinion and why?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents -- Easter Medicine tends to be based on nature and the pharmacy and derivatives coming from "higher powers". Where western medicine is man made, mostly for profit, and artificial mostly for marketing purposes. AMA Doctors today are mostly assembly line technicians who know something about their piece of the assembly and little else. They operate on a timeshare basis and are fee and networking driven. Eastern Doctors and practitioners have some greater tendency to be broad generalists and more on the line of a real healers. Those trained in the west, however, are seldom the real thing, unfortunately.

I recently had a situation that required me to spend time in a hospital. I couldn't get away fast enough. Literally every so call, doctor solicited me for on going business. It was clear they where networking together to try and make a buck. Not one of them was competent to properly diagnose the situation which resulted in it's repeating a week later. That said, the real cause of the problem was an Aurvedic Herbal I took that was Oleander, a powerful poison.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have always had these opinions, even as a kid. My theory is take care of your body the way it was meant to be taken care of, and utilize that things that were put onto this earth that have been used for hundreds of years and have worked. I believe that you life on this planet is already determined, so if I got breast cancer I beleive that God knows whether or not I am gong to survive, not matter what Chemo and radiation. I think the survivors were meant to survive. I don't want to offend any body with that by the way, I to have felt the pain of breast cancer twice in my family and the same person is a survivor twice! It wasn't her time.

I think half of the diseases and sicknesses in the world is because of all the allien things that we have put into our body.

My daughter got really sick and I had to take her to the doctor, they weren't sure if it was strep but they were going to give her medication for it anyways. To me that is ludacris. You don't perscribe anything until you know what it is for. Sorry now i am on a rant.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Luvforwill, did they even bother to do a strep test? I used to get strep throat every year before I got my tonsils taken out, and each time they took a swab to my throat, did a ~15 minute test, and if it was positive they gave me the meds, if it was negative, they sent me on my way, telling me to come back if it didn't get better after a week.

Anyway, I think eastern medicine should be used along side western medicine. There are some things that western medicine doesn't really help with that eastern medicine can, and vis versa. I, for instance, take echinacea to boost my immune system, chew on some anise seeds when I have a cough, and take a spoonful of salsa when my throat hurts. I can use those instead of western medication because they work. However, nothing really helps my year-long allergies except for zyrtec and benedryll. I also take nexium for heartburn.

So if an ailment can be taken care of with herbs, acupuncture, or anything like that, then stick with it. If it gets bad enough that it can't be controled by those things, then move on to western medicine. And if it's something like cancer or diabetes, use both western and eastern medicine, since both have ways to treat/maintain those kinds of ailments. It all depends on the individual and the ailment.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yes they did a strep test and it came out negative, then they called me 3 days later and told me it was positive. I am just not a fan of western medicine i will practive eastern medicine and home remedies before i do the doctor thing.

top topics

join