It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you see the future if Obama or McCain is elected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am just curious about the views of others on what they believe will happen in the future if Obama or McCain is elected?

For instance what kind of "change" do you think Obama will bring? Will he keep the Patriot Act in place with no refining? Will he really go after the Bush admin criminally?
And same for McCain, how do you believe the "Maverick" will affect America?

What do you believe will become of America after the election?
What will America look like in 4 years?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So maybe there is no future....
Nobody has thoughts or views on the future of America after the election? Nobody?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just got a message saying some might be scared to post their views.
Now that is a shame...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i think their is gonna be no future because lots of people can barely pay up with what they get every one wants to have some more and be able to give their kids their needs and maybe some of their wants. im sorry if im not right on this

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how the future will differ if either candidate is elected. I'm waiting to see if they post anything on their web sites before I answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Perhaps you haven't seen this thread entitled "The Madness Ends Today"?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People are being very careful about what they are posting in this forum from now on.

To answer your question, whether Obama or McCain is elected, I don't see much changing by way of how Washington operates, personally. Look at the examples of the past, the administrations of Bush, Sr. and Clinton. It was all about a "he said, he did" finger pointing fest by the party not in office and there's no reason to think that it will be any different.

Of the differences based on where the guys stood on the issues, again I don't see many because of the near 50/50 split we have in Congress.

If Obama is elected I can see taxes being raised, just like what happened with Clinton. I see no drop in gas prices, in fact I see Obama raising gas prices by his stand on "no drilling". Nationalization of health care will never make it out of the House of Reps.

And if McCain is elected I can see spending and the deficit growing larger, just like is happening now. I can see domestic drilling doing some good, but the measure will never make it out of the Senate.

Just my opinions, since you asked.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If McCain gets elected, I see the future 4 years much the way it has been for the past 4-5 years. We may go to war with Iran. We may even get involved with Russia. The military will be stretched even further than it is already. McCain may enact the draft. Our country will go further into debt and what's left of the middle class will probably disappear completely. Gas prices will remain high and we will drill here and now. The economy will suffer further and the environment will be ignored. I don't see a lot of other changes.

If Obama gets elected, I see the future 4 years to include the withdrawal from Iraq, for the most part. I see diplomatic talks with Iran to keep peace with them. I see a boost in the economy and a concerted effort to provide people with health care who don't have insurance now. I see the US reclaiming its role as "world leader" and becoming the respected and respectful country it once was.

Given more time, I see vast advances in alternative energy and enforcement of Constitutional protections for everyone as equal.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Seconded

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks Benevolent Heretic for posting...with the new ATS guidelines (censorship) announced, I was not sure how to go about posting on this thread. I guess if someone starts a thread asking for opinions, surely ATS will not censor the opinions given? So here goes....

If (When) McCain gets elected he will return to his old ways of trying to work with Democrats on social issues. Look for the amnesty bill to be brought up yet again and even though it will be watered down a bit, it will pass and McCain will do nothing to stop it. On the positive side...earmarks will be dealt with...just the shame of being called out on them will curtail them a bit. Eliminating them totally will be tough. I also predict that Sarah Palin will have a lot of tounge biting to go through. Lastly McCain will be a one-term President. Bobby Jindal will battle Palin for the nomination in 2012.

On foreign policy, Iran will be dealt with. Israel, knowing they have a supporter in the White House they can depend on, will strike Iran, and the US will back them 100%. A new cold war with Russia will heat up with Russia using and backing terrorist surrogates to do their dirty work. The US must be strong to keep them from going back to their expansionist ways.

If Barack Hussein Obama (Yes that is his name) is elected he will give away money to people not paying taxes and call them tax cuts, while raising taxes on hard working people to pay for it. Redistribution of wealth will be his top priority. Minimum wage will rise further, which will further increase unemployment. But just like any Communist country, if he keeps the poors masses happy he will most likely get away with it.

On foreign policy, Obama will be tested by a terrorist attack that will make 9/11/01 pale in comparision. Bush held terrorist at bay because of his fierce response. I don't know and terrorist surely don't know how Obama will react, so he will be tested to see his reaction is anything like our last Democrat President.

Note to mods: I was asked my opinions and have responded with them.

(Gawd I'm so shell-shocked with these new guidelines, I don't know if ATS will ever be the same)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Thank you for that very large quote!

I am asking for opinions so I can get a better grasp on what the public believes will happen in the future. By no means should this turn into a debate, I am very confidant that ATS members are mature enough to state their views and move on. I am also very confident that we can do this with no name calling, pressure or poo swinging.

With that said if it does turn into a nightmare we will be able to see who is incapable of playing with the grown ups.

I want everyone to share their views and opinions because I am still very much undecided and the next 4 years means so much more to me then the next 2 months. It is good to get a well rounded view from all sides, never should we close ourselves off to what we may not want to here.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Do you see Obama upholding the Patriot Act?
Someone started a thread today on microchipping becoming mandatory in the near future, do you believe Obama would back such measures?
Do you believe our privacy rights would continue to be taken away under Obama?
How about the right to bear arms?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I believe what he says here about the Patriot Act.
Obama on the Patriot Act

Microchipping? Absolutely not.
Privacy rights taken away? No.
Infringe on the right to bear arms. No. I know he has agreed with handgun bans in the past, but even if he wanted to take the public's guns, it would be political suicide for him to try. I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, by the way.

new topics

top topics

join