It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we watching a PLAY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You have to excuse my ignorance, being British, i don't really have a say on this campaign, things seem to get reported over here than they do in the USA.

From watching a LOT! of news and seeing reports on this election, it seems to me that one side seems to be deliberately making themselves and their running mate look really daft and almost wanting to lose, I'm not going to give examples, i already think i may hear the wrath of some.

It really feels strange to me compared with past elections, this one feels like a comedy for all concerned on all sides, Like a badly acted script, where the actors try to steal more lines to impress the the director for top billing.

Like it doesn't matter what they do, the outcome is already written ?

Does anyone else feel the same?

Some very interesting answers could come from replying, i have not really given an idea about who i am referring too, so this could give a good idea about how people are really thinking?

How do you view the Campaign?

Now how could this possibly upset anyone?

Answers on a postcard, and sent to someone who wants to argue with you.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You know what Azz, I do.

A freakin' comedy at that....

“A call to serve something greater than self. Something greater than self, especially when the need is so great."

What???? Who says something so dumb?

"Adios mijo!"

I was listening to Palin's overly-edited interview tonight whilst viewing some photos online of some 9/11 memorial rememberances, as well as footage of the 2001 events.

I couldn't help but think of how scripted it all is. Palin's 1st interview on 9/11? The same day she sends her son's Stryker Brigade off to the Middle East?

Coincidence? I think not (I don't think we really do that here at ATS). Appaling, yes. How dare the Republicans grandstand on this sacred day, and how dare ABC provide them a forum to do so. Disgraceful.

I couldn't help that think that just maybe, within the next 45 days or so, PFC Track Palin might just become highly acquainted with an IED.

I would bet that might be worth a few million sympathy votes. I'm sure she never bargained on losing her son in the deal, but when you deal with the devil, you get what you deserve.

Edited for spelling. I guess we all have a little "special needs" in us from time to time.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Interesting questions.

I think this election is very "different", but I've never before been as involved as I am in this one. So, my opinion on that is pretty subjective.

I don't know that one side is making themselves out to be daft. But from my non-objective perspective, one side seems a lot more intelligent and savvy than the other.

And it's very possible that it's already decided and no matter what we do, the outcome will be the same. This is America, after all. Land of stolen elections and corrupt government.

p.s. I don't have any answers on a postcard.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
IMHO......

The media is dumbing down what is spits out. Reason? The public is dumbing down, so to put any info out there that is cerebral, the avg person would turn it off.

All about money, ratings commercial sales. Not the truth!......02c

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It is a strange election to say the least. I've never seen such an odd assortment of candidates in my life. We have candidates running for office that would have never bore up to close scrutiny in years past. How the election will turn out is anyone's guess.

what's really confusing to me is how their calling these separate interviews debates. they're nothing of the sort. They may be sitting on the same stage, but it's at different times. When did political debates change format? I'd like to see some dialog between the candidates rather than with the media.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That is one of the things i think that really has me confused, the lack of debating, i used to love watching the live Television broadcasts of them fighting it out on a controlled stage.

I think also the timing on a lot of the recent events has to be both coincidence? and plain ole head scratching, I'm not going to comment on either camp, i think to do so for me would be just as confusing, yeah i want everything to go back to the way it was, where i wasn't so worried for friends over in AZ & NY state, I'm worried for everyone i guess.

I keep expecting a broadcast where someone tells us its all just a joke, i will say something, i wouldn't want to be a presidential candidate right now, with the world economy the way it is, we need togetherness rather than enemy seeking.

Having said all of the above about missing the debates, i think this year i will grab some munchies and dig in for the whole election day, this has got to be good, and well worth watching, as pinktip said it seems to be more about ratings, Money, and commercial sales, where is the HERE WHAT WE WILL DO FOR THE USA?

new topics

top topics

join