It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam group urges forest fire jihad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Was there a piece of paper somewhere months before the event urging individuals to carry out said event? ie, was california the target of terrorism through fires? If there is no piece of information at least alluding to that i think the two events are incongruous in this respect.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

A terrorist is a terrorist, male, female, Muslim, Jewish, White, black... Doesn't matter.

How about we stop using religious labels to associate terrorists? We don't state "male, dark skinned, predominantly in their 30's" as descriptive terms attached to said people, so why attach religion to it?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Britguy

i am just waiting for them to Blame the economic crisis on Islamic Terrorists now

cant think of a second line so this will do

Al-Queda has already declared responsibility for it. But that is likely grandstanding, since the Islamic World's credit/stock markets are pretty banana republicesque.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

i think they justify i t bay thinking that them going (possibly) withoutwater or power for a short time is a small price to pay to get into heaven. Simplified i know, but i think that's what it comes down to. A manipulator makes himself look like something he isn't, i believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

i dont really think there is a Islamic world
last time i checked we all share the same planet
and the the middle eastern countries only make a Fraction of Muslims in the world

also we are all fudged togther, Muslim, Christian what ever faith economicaly we are screwed

[edit on 10-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yep. There's a First World and a Second World and a Third World and an Islamic World etc. When a system/ideology/religion/block spans over more than two countries or a large section of a continent, it is often refered to as a "World." Though "Block" would be a closer to correct.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

It's all BS, in my opinion. Most muslims I know who live around me, work with me, etc are laid-back and wouldn't give a damn for jihad.

Some are also donating help to the many bushfire appeals that lots of us are contributing too.

If jihad wants willing warriors for the cause, then don't go looking for local Aussie muslims, they've got life too easy, compared to their cave-dwelling kin, and they know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Islam does not allow women, children, the elderly, wildlife, and vegitation to be destroyed during war.

Yes, that includes trees.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
I wouldn't be surprised if this was provocateur techniques to further vilify Islam. The target is a forest now, doesn't make sense to me. Koran says nothing about infidel trees.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Reddupo]

Those trees are evil I tell ya!

Nah not really, I love trees. Maybe I should be a treehugger, hmmmm

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

So here we have islamic clerics saying that forest fires should be used possibly against the west and then you say it didn't happen because islam forbids the burning or trees in war? wtf?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

So here we have islamic clerics saying that forest fires should be used possibly against the west and then you say it didn't happen because islam forbids the burning or trees in war? wtf?

Islamic clerics? not sure they are clerics..
Islam also forbids killing of innocent people. And aggression, especially in a non war situation.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I guess the differenc ebetween us is that i think it is MOSTLY and not PURELY bs. Most Islamic people are chill, but they are not required to choose between the west and islam, whereas in predominantly muslim countries they are forced to do exactly that. What i'm saying is it seems reasonable that under such a circumstance, western muslims would choose islam over western ideals, ie, they'd turn their backs on you in a second if they were convinced it was in the name of allah. It all comes down to sensibilities and when people feel threatened. Fear of being labelled a trator can motivate people to do strange things imo.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The prohibition against war is repeatedly reinforced by corollary teachings, such as, "Do not transgress; God does not love the transgressor," in which the term "transgress" has been interpreted by Quranic exegetical scholars as meaning, "the initiation of fighting, fighting those with whom a treaty has been concluded, ambushing the enemy without first inviting them to make peace, destroying crops, or killing those who should be protected." (from Baydawi's commentary on 2:190).

www.mediamonitors.net...

a good read
its forbidden to do this sort of act even when at war let alone against civilians

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Everyone must admit that this is possibly a terrorist act.

It is also possible that it is a setup for hatred for more war.

you cannot claim that either is the ONLY possiblity.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Everyone must admit that this is possibly a terrorist act.

I agree. And that's also the case with the catastrophic Greek fires in 2007. It was "too coordinated" to be caused by individual arsonists, imo.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by heyo

Islamic clerics? not sure they are clerics..
Islam also forbids killing of innocent people. And aggression, especially in a non war situation.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

ummm...semantics much? Not a cleric but a rep of islam anyways, whether highly recognized or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm, something does not sit right with moi when I keep seeing Infidels, Jihad, 'eye for an eye' cropping up whenever something 'bad' going on in the world. I guess the Infidels include those native, non-human species (kangaroos, koala, parakeets, emus, trees, etc.) that don't know what is Islam. Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

A terrorist is a terrorist, male, female, Muslim, Jewish, White, black... Doesn't matter.

How about we stop using religious labels to associate terrorists? We don't state "male, dark skinned, predominantly in their 30's" as descriptive terms attached to said people, so why attach religion to it?

as soon as that mindset reaches a critical mass, then we will have witchhunts...it has already been foreshadowed in history and from sources all over ATS.

This will also give the DHS and Big Brother more leverage and will allow our freedoms to finally flush themselves down the drain...

I keep seeing the scene from the matrix sequel where the machines are drilling and descending upon the underground city in my head...the signals are clear that not much time is left...so enjoy it!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
I wouldn't be surprised if this was provocateur techniques to further vilify Islam. The target is a forest now, doesn't make sense to me. Koran says nothing about infidel trees.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Reddupo]

The Koran doesn't say anything about beheading, either, nor kidnapping and murdering civilians, but that hasn't stopped the radical Islamists.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Well, basically, they are committing acts of terror in the name of Islam.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join