It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex offender sent to prison---40 minutes after getting Probation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Sex offender sent to prison---40 minutes after getting Probation

www.poughkeepsiejournal.com

A convicted sex offender who violated the terms of a probationary sentence less than an hour after he left the courtroom in July was sent to state prison today.

Walter Freeman, 72, of Lent Street, City of Poughkeepsie, had been placed on probation July 15 after he admitted he had failed to notify police he had changed his address, as required by state law for most sex offenders.

Freeman acknowledged last month he had violated the terms of his probation by approaching two children in a bank in Poughkeepsie and offering to buy them ice cream.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't know whats worse. This guy or the judge that gave the convicted sex offender probation.

things that make you go hmmmmmm.

www.poughkeepsiejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
HAHAHA he offered to buy them ice cream.
Sorry I just find that funny.

It doesnt say what he initially did so I cant say if probation was right or not.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"had been placed on probation July 15 after he admitted he had failed to notify police he had changed his address, as required by state law for most sex offenders"

he failed to register as a sex offender. I personally think he should have gotten prison time for not registering but then I am bias having three daughters.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well what I mean, what was his initial crime?
Before not registering?

I feel this is a case by case basis, did he get caught peeping or did
he actually assault someone.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Thats... great lol, a Guy offering ice cream lol, to kids right after release on sex offense charges..

What a Puts!

I have years of pysch classes, lol always opted for the any time I changed schools and needed fill in credits so I have multiple minors for sure in the discipline by now and...

I can't figure these guys out at all, I really have to go beyond psychology and say they are just a$$ holes, you have to actively seek kids out... to actually molest one, you know what the reaction will be when your caught and you can't control it? people quit Heroin, I mean...

I can find no singular disorder or area of brain function that seems causative for this kind of response other than... asingular lack of morality...

Perhaps it is tied into sociopathy in a way?

I don't know but, lol where are the keys to his cell so they can be thrown away?

new topics

top topics

join