It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Muslim Massacre' Computer Game Condemned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

'Muslim Massacre' Computer Game Condemned

www.independent.co.uk

A computer game in which players control an American soldier sent to "wipe out the Muslim race" has been condemned as offensive and tasteless by a British Muslim group.

The goal of Muslim Massacre, which can be downloaded for free on the internet, is to "ensure that no Muslim man or woman is left alive", according to the game's creator.

Players control an "American Hero" armed with a machine gun and rocket launcher who is parachuted into the Middle East.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I really don't even know what to say...

There are truly some very sick, twisted individuals in the world.

Pretty sad when "games" become fantasy and "fun" of genociding a fellow human being because of their differences...

Beyond disgusting.

The game's creator, a freelance programmer known as Sigvatr, described the game on the SomethingAwful.com website as "fun and funny".

In a "How you can help" section, he writes to visitors: "Don't whinge about how offensive and 'edgy' this is."

British Muslim youth organisation The Ramadhan Foundation expressed its "deep condemnation and anger" at the game.

www.independent.co.uk

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Pretty sad when "games" become fantasy and "fun" of genociding a fellow human being because of their differences...

Worse things have happened. While the game does indeed feature ridiculous gameplay elements it's obviously meant to be a satire on neoconservative values and the misrepresentation of muslims/islam in mainstream media.

Either way, it's a joke and it's so insignificant at this point that crying about it and posting totally off-base articles about it only serves to further interest and appeal of the game.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Some young kids will play this, and it will solidify in their misinformed heads that Islam is THE enemy of the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Namtar

So insignifigant?

Are you paying attention to ANYTHING that is going on in the world?

These types of stereotyping / hatred fueling things are the MOST signifigant things we should be paying attention to, based on what has been occuring over the past half decade or more!

People need to put an end to this type of racial / religious differences, EDUCATE themselves beyond this mindset, and evolve.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are enough games like Ghost Recon, Call of Duty encouraging kids to hate Germans, Russians, Japanese, Koreans, Arabs, etc. I don't think this is any different.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmm, well where is anyone screaming about Crysis, one of the most anticipated and highly rated games ever? It sends you into North Korea to battle them and aliens. Shoot at aliens? Isn't that ATS sacrilege?
Funny, reminds me of my old ATS thread:

UFO's: Shoot at them till we down one of them! I was drawn and quartered for that.

btw, sup DD! Good threads you been a postin' !

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You're soooo right. I have my Crysis game at home on the shelf and whenever I played it I cried when I am killing the aliens when they are trying to kill me. I pray to each alien I killed. Then I gave up since I killed too many to pray to. Same for the North Korean soldiers.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
There are enough games like Ghost Recon, Call of Duty encouraging kids to hate Germans, Russians, Japanese, Koreans, Arabs, etc. I don't think this is any different.

Yes but those aren't "Roman Catholic Massacre" or "Shintoism Massacre" or "Buddhism Massacre", those games reflect military conflicts, not violent struggles against a demographic.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I really don't even know what to say...

There are truly some very sick, twisted individuals in the world.

Beyond disgusting.

The game's creator, a freelance programmer known as Sigvatr, described the game on the SomethingAwful.com website as "fun and funny".

In a "How you can help" section, he writes to visitors: "Don't whinge about how offensive and 'edgy' this is."

British Muslim youth organisation The Ramadhan Foundation expressed its "deep condemnation and anger" at the game.

www.independent.co.uk

WooooWoooo! Everyone board the phony outrage train! It's leaving the station!!

"Beyond disgusted"? Are you really? I don't think so.

The extreme majority, to a tiny decimal place, will have the intellectual ability to distinguish between actual hate propaganda and a satirist game poking fun at the misguided neocon perception of the middle east.

*flicks through the channels on TV* "What can I find offensive today?"

[edit on 11-9-2008 by ANoNyMiKE]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Fine, let them make a game called "Killing Christians"

It's a GAME.

Just like "it's a movie"

It's entertainment.

Someone forgot to teach their kids the difference, I guess.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i find this game very tasteless

i mean, theirs games that have strayed into tasteless waters but this really is a bit too far!

take postal 2 for instance, thats one nasty game, but in the end pointless.

this game is just about hate, hate and more hate, its sickening..

i have not downloaded thsi yet, just read about it, someone posted it on my forum earlier today www.muslimmassacre.com...

(mods please remove the link if its seen fit, as i really dont agree with these sorts of games, but people should at least see the website before hating it)

parody? black comedy? racisim? you make your own minds up, i just think its wrong
, it makes me feel bad about being caucasian.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

edit : i have taken a small look at this game, and really its pretty laugable, if any one remembers akai warriors , its like that but with atari 2600 type graphics... i think even the most die hard racist bigots would have a hard time enjoying this game!

i find the actual website more disturbing, although i only played it for like 60 sseconds

[edit on 11-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So insignifigant?

Indeed

Are you paying attention to ANYTHING that is going on in the world?

Does paying attention to you crying about what's going on count?

These types of stereotyping / hatred fueling things are the MOST signifigant things we should be paying attention to, based on what has been occuring over the past half decade or more!

Hey, while you're at it, you might want to partner up with animal rights groups and complain about Garfield for stereotyping cats as fat and lazy.

People need to put an end to this type of racial / religious differences, EDUCATE themselves beyond this mindset, and evolve.

Yeah, and once they are done EDUCATING themselves perhaps they can get a SENSE OF HUMOR.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Reddupo

sorry to double post, but really, all you would need to do is tell someone that the game is calling killing christians and change the title screen, and noone woudl be the wiser... the game graphics is that bad LOL

(im gonna stop before it sounds like im reviewing this waste of time)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Reddupo

It's a GAME.

Just like "it's a movie"

It's entertainment.

America would have a s@#% storm if "Killing Christians" came out. T

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is a video game, DD. Nothing more, nothing less... a g-a-m-e. Feigned outrage over various "offensive" content in various entertainment mediums is so early 90's, Tipper Gore vs 2-Live-Crew, Mortal Kombat will make our children rip each other's spines out, scores of high school football players will lay down in the median of a busy highway because of that scene in "The Program"-ish. Yes, you do get the occassional braindead copycat who acts out some depraved fantasy and then blames it on a video game or a song... but hell, Catcher in the Rye is the grandaddy of all scape goats and we finally moved past villifying a piece of literature because of the actions of a handfull of loons... when will video games get the same courtesy?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I made it to 2 levels after Bin Ladin!

I think a lot of the game spites look more like ninjas than muslims
But I'll pretend I'm outraged anyway!! Rarrrr!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are many games which are of a more serious nature in which you kill people of a different race (even if the plot isn't racially motivated).

Muslim Massacre is completely tong-in-cheek, and if anything it makes fun of current attitudes towards Muslims. It's not meant to be serious or to teach kids to hate other races.

It's like sarcasm taken to a new level. Plus it's created by a goon, so what do you expect.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

reply to post by Reddupo

It's a GAME.

Just like "it's a movie"

It's entertainment.

America would have a s@#% storm if "Killing Christians" came out. T

You're right, and that's why it NEEDS to be made! What about "Killing democrats" or "Killing Republicans"? hmm? People would think that was hilarious!

Religion doesn't get special treatment, period.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
I made it to 2 levels after Bin Ladin!

I think a lot of the game spites look more like ninjas than muslims
But I'll pretend I'm outraged anyway!! Rarrrr!!!

See what you've done, DimensionalDetective? You've inadvertently advertised for the game and someone ran off and played it, and they even seem to have found it enjoyable. The humanity!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join