It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Alien-Looking Place on Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

I think this is the place you are talking about. Here's a utube link interesting video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

The Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech town Kutna Hora is decorated with human bones made into shields, chalices, chandeliers and all kinds of art. It is a very unique location. This website has pictures and information.

A couple more links

I saw this place on a tv program a few years back so when you mentioned it I remembered, it's so bizarre and yet beautiful artwork. the second link has a lot of pictures

www.kostnice.cz...
www.ludd.luth.se...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I think this is the place you are talking about. Here's a utube link interesting video.

www.youtube.com...

wow now that is what i call recycling.

Its hard to understand sometimes how are ideas about death has changed you could never do that with human remains today it would be considered barbaric. But for them it combined death and there religious beliefs. Quite remarkable really

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

some of these pictures look like certain terrace anomalies on mars. This thread is depressing me i want to believe in the ancient astronaught theory but nature looks like it can be wierd enough to throw up decidedly un-natural anomalies!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has posted these here:

These images are of the Remarkable Rocks on Kangaroo Island...

These two pictures are by Australian photographer Peter Jarver. His work just amazes me at how gprgeously he captures nature in all it's simplistic essence, in all its glory

It's true that there are the most incredible and awe-inspiring things right in front of us. I think it's all a matter of perception.

[edit on 13/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread No Name it's very refreshing. I haven't seen a lot of these wonderful pictures. We live in an amazing world and we all so easily forget to admire the beauty that is all around us so thanks for the reminder.

I have always thought that the deep ocean is the most alien place on the planet, but that's probably because we have explored a very small percent of it. It seems like everyday we find something new and alien.

I have a couple of landscape pics that I found interesting ,but mostly deep sea. I think everyone will enjoy them.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silverking

There is some beautifully ugly stuff on this planet

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I only knew about this place in Paris: Paris catacombes.

Great place to visit once you get over claustrophobia!

Oh and
to everyone who posted here, cool thread!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Some of the stuff already built and some of the stuff they are currently building in Dubai looks like sci-fi.

Some of these are nearly done, some are forecast to be done within the next few years.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ok this is one of the greatest threads here ever.

And this may not be that alien looking - it was from the site the initial pics were from - and it was too funny to resist....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daphne

Than you, daphne!!

You've just made this insomniac laugh out loud.

Excellent thread, what a welcome break from some of the angst generated on others.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I found these interesting as well

Kizhi Island's Transfiguration Cathedral - a wooden wonder.

Islands of Palau

Rice terraces of Bali..

Rock Islands of Palau

Limestone formation in the Mingan Archipelago, Canada

Na Pali Coast, Kauai - ginormous!

Ko Ping Kan

Pura Besakih temple, Bali

I found this on a seperate thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
haha no worries
long time reader first time poster.

but seriously i have been obsessed with those deep sea creatures for ages. it is so crazy to think about what is down there, how little we have explored.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Seriously what a great site, it has kept me entertained for hours. a few more good ones..

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I am taking you up on that offer, and post an image of the fantastic Giant's Causeway in Ireland. It’s an area made up of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns. The steps are the result of an ancient volcanic eruption.

More photos of these wonderful formations here:

slorker.com...

I hope there's not an arial view of this or Richard Hoag is going
post more proof of Buildings on Mars.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'll vote also for the Giants Causeway but I admit being biased because I've been there quite a few times in my youth.

I noticed it was in the new Hellboy movie as well although you didn't get a good look at it really.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

Wow! Absolutely amazing!! Excellent find!
Now I wonder, if we've been zonked looking at this, what would our reactions be if we ever had the chance to see the flora and fauna on alien planets? Probably pass out with shock!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wave Rock, Hyden Western Australia

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This entire thread, with all of the fabulous pictures, shows that sometimes incredible natural formations can occur, even those that resemble 'animals'...but it also shows that life is tenacious....and evolution is incredibly adaptable.

Ony hope I live long enough to see real evidence of ET life. Then, I can die happily....unless I jump into my time machine and jump ahead, te read the history.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I love this thread!

Take a look at these guys. Pretty creepy and alien looking, don't you think:

A hatchetfish has extremely thin body, resembling the blade of a hatchet, and tubular large eyes that are permanently fixed looking upwards - this helps them to search for food falling from above. It also gives them a psychotic look, with eyes rolled up and stuck there.

And another a little more innocent looking creature. It's a "Piglet squid":

Lots of other images of strange and beautiful marine life here:

www.darkroastedblend.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join