It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Alien-Looking Place on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Great pictures Desert Dawg. Do tell where you took them.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Pamukkale, Turkey.

edit: i can't make it show, stupid me.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by RocKukko]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

You've made me homesick.
I know that the pictures you posted of the desert with the mountain ranges in the background are probably from the Mojave or maybe the western side of the Sonora, but where I grew up in the bootheel of New Mexico the Chihuahuan Desert looks identical to those pictures. Inhospitable as hell, but it was and in a way always will be my home and seeing pictures that remind me of it always gives me a happy, safe feeling. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RocKukko

Obvious proof of intelligent life! Note the symmetry of the layering! Only an advanced civilization could create such a sybaritic synthesis of delight. Unfortunately it is apparent that the natives held to a rigid caste system, with the lower castes being resigned to the lower tiers and being forced to wallow in the muck flowing down from higher levels.

What?
Earth?.....

Nevermind.

[/sarcasm]

Beautiful image by the way.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I love those basalt columns in Ireland.

Anyone remember that old video game "Q*bert".

wiki

I just picture that little devil bouncing all over the place every time I look at them.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
*These are not my own pictures but they are of my own heart*

City of Rocks state park about 20 minutes North of Deming, New Mexcio. Celebrated many birthdays there as a kid.

The rocks are a natural volcanic "spurt" which left them in an old sea bed that over time eroded away, leaving what truly does resemble a small city on the horizon.

View down the valley near City of Rocks. I have hunted deer many times in the sage, creosote, and mesquite brush in this picture. I have also sat in the saddle this picture was taken from and watched a huge summer thunderstorm roll across the valley with a several hundred foot high dust storm along the leading edge of the rain & wind. It ranks as one of my fondest memories.

Now on to White Sands missile range:

We'd "surf" the dunes on old collapsed cardboard boxes when I was a kid. Lot of fun, at least until you ran into a yucca.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Originally posted by solarstorm
Lets hope there is no oil at those places or else the Republicans will be chanting "Drill-baby-Drill"

Other than that....very nice pics.

Here, I'll help save your post from being labeled "Political Trolling" by contributing these (not my own pics, but stuff I've saved off the internet over time):

Alaskan Pipeline

As for the pics posted by the OP, I agree! Very nice and something I've never seen before!

[edit on 12-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

lmfao, did anyone else get the sexual innuendo from these pics? both me and my girl just s'n-word'ed at these.

Great post though nice to see some terrestrial alien looking pics.

i just noticed that the filter filtered out s n i g g e r e d the admin may wanna add that to the list of exceptions, it just means silly girly laugh

[edit on 12/9/08 by woogleuk]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

It's like a dr. seuss book come to life.
Great pics.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
WOW that place is real. thats cool.
Iv been all over the world but never saw a place like that, Thanks for enlightening me.....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

glad I'm not the only one with his mind is the gutter.

Yes,some of them flowers looked a little "front bottom" to me aswell.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser Sohse
I love those basalt columns in Ireland.

Anyone remember that old video game "Q*bert".

wiki

I just picture that little devil bouncing all over the place every time I look at them.

Actually, it reminded me of the final scene in "Star Trek, the Motion Picture" where everyone got out of the Enterprise and hauled off to check out V'Ger...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This place in Uzbekistan is called by locals “The Door to Hell”

[edit on 12/9/2008 by blobzilla]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Very interesting pics from everyone, I was quite intrigued by the Dorstenia gigas-

I mean look at that and tell me you can't see a morbidly obese man's bloated, distended gut. It gets one to wondering about the nature of shape and form.

This one is so gigeresque its scary, he would have loved to have a framed print of that picture I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Amazing pics makes you wonder why studios would pay millions of $$ for CGI to produce these same effects for Sci Fi??

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Where is that!?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

Im not telling. Secret

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link