It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV sci-fi series gets to grips with aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Clive, when the url is too long, use the BB Code...

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I watched the first ep of Taken on Saturday night on BBC2. Whilst it tried well to get the accuracy of events around Roswell and the like, I thought it was just a bit too 'Apple Pie America' in its presentation, with the little kid voiceover and all.

I'll give it another shot for next week, after all is that Crawford guy another alien or some power hungry dude?I guess there's enough to keep me coming back, but I think the way that its presented is a little too remote for my liking. Although SS didn't direct this, you can kinda tell he's had a hand in it and did anyone notice the shot structures similar to those used in CEO3K and ET?

Nice to see the main guy from 'Dark Skies' in the role of one of the aliens though - irony! heh heh

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's already run fully here in the US. Don't expect it to accurately portray anything in UFO folklore though... They use some cases as a basis, and others just for window dressing, but it is meant as fiction. Many of the aspects of the cases referred to are wrong, so don't expect accuracy here. The story is interesting though, but I don't want to spoil it for you...

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
go on Gazrok, I'm not ashamed to ask for a spoiler... is crawford human or alien..

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Crawford is not an alien. He's just very ambitious...

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'v only see the first episode so I'm still not sure about it.. It looks like it could turn out to be good.. But it won't be a SS block buster like Close Encounters, which was good!

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
channel did a marathon over the weekend, like 5 hours each day. (I just don't like to be teased, hehe...so I saw it all basically at once, just over two days...) In doing so, it really sucked me in, and I thought it was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
agree clive

Gaz, ok I take the points you make about factural events and timelines etc not being totaly correct. But, surely you'd act a little more differently if you'd just had sex with someone and then found they were alien and then they revealed what they really looked like. I appreciate its fiction, but realistic fiction please or are texas women all slappers and thats the norm over there?

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
would probably slap 'em!

Then threaten to sick her big brothers on him, hehe...

I never stated it was realistic fiction. I just cautioned that for ufologists, they might see some things get twisted, and it's hard to get past that and just enjoy show... Some of the reactions to everything that goes on isn't at all what you'd expect in reality. Personally, I'd probably pass out if I just saw that I had sex with an alien...(but then I'd tell her to get back into the sexy human disguise
)!!!

new topics

top topics

join