It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of a Rainbow Cloud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
It was a cloud on a partly cloudy day. The thing was it looked as if the cloud was itself spectrum colored and not light simply passing through it. One of the strangest things I ever saw.

RuneSpider: I hear what you're saying but what about the youtube videos befire the Chinese earthquake? Those are much bigger and in crazier patterns

A few months ago I saw another strange thing, which was a big cloud glowing bright green, with no spectrum variation whatsoever. It looked just like a neon light.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have lived just north of the Dallas metroplex for the last five years and have seen this many times. Not just here either in east texas where I am originally from they are not uncommon.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Edit to add: The sun is outside of the picture, to the left--it is not behind the rainbow, so this is not a 'sun dog.'

[edit on 11-9-2008 by asmeone2]

A sun dog appears precisely on the left (or on the right) of the sun.

Take a look on this site about Atmospheric Optics. There’s a lot of strange but perfectly natural (and wonderful!!) phenomena!

Also that strange green cloud you mentioned could to be something called Nacreous Clouds… Was it something like this?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnytexas

I think it might be something to do with the god-awful humidity.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by danamoon

Not really, those are still like rainbows, the one I saw was just glowing green... sort of like the pink clouds at sunset do, but green.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a reply to asmeone2

Also RuneSpider and earthquake you may get some more facts in this reply.

My last edit for this post just did not get saved correctly so this is a second post so bear with me here.

Asmeone2 you gave me more data to include so even with your comments I feel that a Light Sphere could have been moving thru the air using the clouds as a cover. I have seen this many times with witnesses to the events that are like yours. I have seen this where many colors are produced by the Sphere as it moves. This was your experience so it is something for you to answer inside.

Just wanted to state that I have dealt with UFOs most my life since being 5 years old. Also I have been within a single roads width to one Super Light Sphere that actually visited with me for some time. I saw details that are special to me and my inner being thus I look at the weather differently since I understand what some of these spheres do in our environment on earth.

Hope you do get something from my words to share my experience with you because I trust it to be good and for spiritual growth.

I will be asking for the Spheres to be sent to you. I will keep the color to myself so you can test me later on it.

Best of journies to you

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Light2u]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I saw something similar back in July and I had only my phone camera on me which wasn't very good needless to say the colours were very similar however the anomoly (overused far too much in TNG) was wrapped around a cloud in a semi circular formation.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whatya know. Sun plus water in the sky equals rainbow. Nice picture nonetheless, of course.
I believe sundogs are when you are looking at the sun and with the right conditions, it forms a sortof cross on either side of the sun where the halo around the sun and the horizon would intersect.
I am skeptical about the supposedly-caused-by-haarp clouds in China right before the earthquake there also. I think it is just a specific type of humidity that causes this and they were recorded and used as evidence when it was merely a coincidence.
I could be wrong and rainbow clouds could be somehow connected to earthquakes after all in some manner, but I don't know that this has been scientifically proven.

I am wondering if a known and recorded/photographed phenomenon called earthquake lights is being confusedly associated with rainbow clouds?
Earthquake lights

[edit on 11-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well OP you pic could well be normal ice crystals, maybe not though.

Some weird weather has been observed for a long time before earthquakes, in medieval art and historical descriptions, however HAARP is doing all stuff to our atmosphere, and maybe earth too.

These were observed before the tragic Sichaun earthquake, in China before the recent Olympics.

And further here:

Also a tad off topic but water too (ice crytals) moved backwards before as well!

Interesting the clouds above IMHO.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 11-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I saw the EXACT same thing on Monday, September 8th here in Pittsburgh, PA. We were actually driving through Bethel Park around 6 pm, sun setting behind us...and I saw this tiny snip of a rainbow up high in the sky, weather was beautiful, no rain or humidity in the area. I pointed it out to my husband but he couldn't see it, then I realized it was because I was wearing sunglasses that I could see it. When we turned and it was on the passenger side my son in the back seat could see it because our rear windows are tinted. It was noticable for a really long time, much longer than a rainbow usually is. I've never seen anything like it before, but your photo is precisely what I saw, too. Very odd.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To the OP:
I live in northwest Houston and have seen many of those "rainbow clouds" as I call them. I've lived here all of my life and have not seen these before the last few years. One day about two months ago I even saw a rainbow in the sky, but there were only a dozen of so small, thin clouds near the horizon. There was nothing but open sky around a small arc of a rainbow. VERY strange...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Light2u

Hey Light2u, I hope I didn;t come off like I was insulting you personally somehow!

I didn't want to post this claiming it was one thing or another, just thought that the community would find it intersting.

I don't know what it was, so I can no more honestly say that it was a UFO than I can say that it wasn't. I'm leaning towards a simple trick of the light personally, but I can't rule out the possibility that it was more mystical than that.

And yes, I'll get in touch with you if I see any spheres.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4N6310
Whatya know. Sun plus water in the sky equals rainbow. Nice picture nonetheless, of course.
I believe sundogs are when you are looking at the sun and with the right conditions, it forms a sortof cross on either side of the sun where the halo around the sun and the horizon would intersect.
I am skeptical about the supposedly-caused-by-haarp clouds in China right before the earthquake there also. I think it is just a specific type of humidity that causes this and they were recorded and used as evidence when it was merely a coincidence.
I could be wrong and rainbow clouds could be somehow connected to earthquakes after all in some manner, but I don't know that this has been scientifically proven.

I am wondering if a known and recorded/photographed phenomenon called earthquake lights is being confusedly associated with rainbow clouds?
Earthquake lights

[edit on 11-9-2008 by 4N6310]

I do not live in a seismically active region so I do not think this is related to earthquakes at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

HI Elf,

I'm not sure that this is the same phenomena as in my picture. Those look like isolated clouds, but in mine the entire sky was overcast. YOu know how you see sunbeams sometimes? It looked almsot like one of those was catching the cloud just right to make the little circle.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
I saw the EXACT same thing on Monday, September 8th here in Pittsburgh, PA. We were actually driving through Bethel Park around 6 pm, sun setting behind us...and I saw this tiny snip of a rainbow up high in the sky, weather was beautiful, no rain or humidity in the area. I pointed it out to my husband but he couldn't see it, then I realized it was because I was wearing sunglasses that I could see it. When we turned and it was on the passenger side my son in the back seat could see it because our rear windows are tinted. It was noticable for a really long time, much longer than a rainbow usually is. I've never seen anything like it before, but your photo is precisely what I saw, too. Very odd.

I was wearing sunglasses when I took that. The colors looked absolutely brilliant through my lenses, and the circle also looked a bit bigger.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
To the OP:
I live in northwest Houston and have seen many of those "rainbow clouds" as I call them. I've lived here all of my life and have not seen these before the last few years. One day about two months ago I even saw a rainbow in the sky, but there were only a dozen of so small, thin clouds near the horizon. There was nothing but open sky around a small arc of a rainbow. VERY strange...

It seemes like a very recent phenomana, that is true. I've known about sun dogs for soem time, but these littel colored clouds seem to be newer.

Edit to add: Stay dry this weeekend, BM.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i bet it was photoshopped.

nice picture though, ive never seen a rainbow like that before.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very nice photo. It is in fact a sundog. They will occur on one side of the sun. I noticed one here just before each of the hurricanes that recently came here, so I think that heavy water vapor/chyrstallization must play a part in their formation. Sometimes, on rare occasions, sundogs will not have the color yours did, but appear as gradients of white or yellowish light on both sides of the sun. Even rarer still are halos with the light spikes on both sides of the sun. Lots of info on the atmospheric optics link that was given to you by an earlier poster.

My own fascination and obsession is with photographing the green flash. It's very elusive insofar as capturing it in a photo. I've attempted it literally thousands of times, and have only six decent photos to show for it.

Good shot!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
To expand on danamoon's post here is a specific link to circumhorizontal arcs.

No earthquakes, no hurricanes, probably no UFOs, just good 'ol ice crystals refracting the sun.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've lived northeast of Dallas for many years now, and I have seen them a lot. I highly doubt that they are anything other than shiny ice crystals, but I guess nothing is impossible just improbable. Either way those are some nice pictures.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by night.ops]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join