It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expansion of the universe is based on the fibonacci sequence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion of a certain aspect of reality based on observation and thought. I offer no credentials or external sources but only the musings of my own mind. Take that as you will.

Premise: The fibonacci sequence is a logical progression of expansion based on the law of association which can be related to the growth of the universe and subsystems therein.

I'm just going to get this one basic assumption out of the way first: The universe is conscious, and always was. I realise that it's not fashionable to talk about such things, but to my understanding, it's the ONLY way in which reality can possibly exist. For this reason, I'm forced to post this in the METAPHYSICS area of the board, since conventional science has yet to factor consciousness into the equation.

For the uninitiated, the fibonacci sequence is a progression of numbers where you create a new number by adding together the two previous numbers, starting with one. 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 etc. By the 20th iteration, it's at 6765, an example of just how fast the sequence grows.

In order to understand where I'm coming from, you have to go back to the very beginning, the big bang. I believe if we were to watch a replay of the big bang in slow-motion, it would not be merely a chaotic explosion, but rather a logical progression of expansion based on the fibonacci sequence.

Let's assume that in the beginning there was conscious thought. Not much of it though! The universe may indeed be incredibly complex now, but in the beginning it would have started simple. The first thought may have been "I exist" or something along those lines. Obviously no words existed at this time, and current definitions of what "consciousness" really means may not even correctly describe such a simple existence. If we program a computer to go through a progression based on a set of rules, it's not conscious. But if the computer programs itself? And what is the universe if not a giant quantum supercomputer? If things only exist once observed, then who was the first observer anyway? Just a few things to consider.

In order to expand, the universe had to take what it knew (which in the beginning was only itself) and use that to build upon itself further. So it splits or duplicates itself and now we have two parts. "I am" becomes "we are". Now the universe is more intelligent! It then progresses further, adding what it knows with what it knew before to create something new. And so on. This is the law of association in action.

The same idea can be applied to the creation of new elements. Each new element isn't created from nothing, but rather a combination of old elements. And it all starts with ONE. It HAS to!

There's no limit to the amount of new thoughts, numbers, or elements that can be created. Not only is the potential for expansion infinite, but it's increasing exponentially.

While the expansion of the universe may follow the fibonacci sequence, it's not limited by it. A binary progression happens simultaneously, along with all other combinations using previous numbers. For example, once you have 1, 2, and 3, you also get 4, 5, and 6. In this way the universe is a quantum calculator, exploring all possibile combinations using what it knows, then taking that knowledge and progressing further by creating even more combinations. The reason I focus on the fibonacci is because the binary sequence seems to follow it. In addition, the normal progression of numbers (1 2 3 4 5 6... etc.) seems to also follow the fibonacci, rather than precede it. We may have learned how to count on our fingers, but the universe didn't learn that way.

The following picture shows how the binary progressions (vertical) follow the fibonacci (horizontal). Not shown are the other combinations. You can also see how the number of combinations per iteration of the fibonacci is sequential in a simple 1, 2, 3 fashion.

I'm still not sure WHAT the universe started with. An atom? A photon? A thought? Either way, I believe this is at least one key to not only understanding creation, but a basic function of the human mind as well. Just food for thought. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Would you say the consciousness of the universe would be what most people would call God?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I would revise the title of this thread to say 'The Fibonacci sequence is based on the expansion of the Universe'

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Right on. I dig this post for sure.

A couple things. One, I think you're accurate in saying the universe started with a thought. I have seen this to be correct through meditation and is the only reasonable explanation imo.

Second, I've believed the fibonacci sequence to be holding more than meets the eye for a while now. I read a portion of the Flower of Life vol. 2 by Drunvalo Melchezidek (sp?) and in it he discusses how the pyrmaids were constructed to allow light in to the king's chamber in such a manner that the light of Christ Consciousness/The Universe came directly into the eyes and down to the soul. The result of it was astounding. He proved that the light acutally used the fibonacci sequence to enter and equally exit the chamber as well.

What you say makes even more sense to me because it's my understanding (and I strongly believe this) that the pyramids were in fact built by an advanced Venusian race called Ra. They were able to build the pyramids solely my group thought form. They are of a higher dimensional existence (sixth dimensional social memory complex) and have a much greater understanding of the multiverse. The also brought with them the original tarot cards to help the Egyptians understand the 22 archetypical mentalities. It took me a while to even realize the fact that the God the Egyptians worshiped was Rah the sun god.

Drunvalo also proved that the fibonacci sequence was used in Da Vinci's canon. In that he also proved what we are here to do as human beings.
There are three levels of consciousness on the planet: aborignal, human, and Christ. Aboriginal was the beginning consciousness and over time we have expanded to the human consciousness. Our true goal as a one human race is to bring the planet to the third level of consciousness. He actually uses the fibonacci sequence in Da Vinci's canon to do this. IMO very fascinating material.

Unfortuantely, that's about all I know in regards to the sequence. I've barely studied it but this thread has the potential for a great sharing of knowledge if others can shed a different perspective.

Thanks for the post. Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
By Venusian I hope you don't mean Venus!

en.wikipedia.org...

Have a look at the stats on the right hand side. Cant imagine much life surving that can you?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
reply to post by Kruel

I would revise the title of this thread to say 'The Fibonacci sequence is based on the expansion of the Universe'

Agreed, unless, it was the singularity!

Kruel, I have pretty much come to the same conclusion as you, although I never thought of the fibonacci sequence as expansion!! But as the universe being conscious, I think it is.

Good thread. S+F

EMM

Edit:

Originally posted by Universal Light
reply to post by Kruel

Right on. I dig this post for sure.

A couple things. One, I think you're accurate in saying the universe started with a thought. I have seen this to be correct through meditation and is the only reasonable explanation imo.

Before the WORD of GOD, was the THOUGHT of GOD.

though it was apt

[edit on 11-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well for one your talking about humans living there, not anything else. That is minor to point two which is Venus has been inhabited for a long time. The society living their harmoniously graduated through higher dimensional existence. Venus is currently a sixth dimensional planet. So yes I can imagine life living there, they just wouldn't have the same vehicles we use to support life on this planet. As you move higher through the dimensions, the density of the vehicle used to support life drops significantly.

(Yes I know this sounds crazy but imo it's the truth)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Universal Light]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
reply to post by Kruel

Heh, actually it makes sense either way. But you're right from another perspective, considering the mechanic was in place before the sequence was ever discovered.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There's an old egyptian secret about the different lvls of consciousness.

the empty universe being the base lvl

inanimate matter 1st
then plantlife 2nd
animal life 3rd
humanity 4th

and to reach the 5th lvl..

well that's the secret.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I've read much of Drunvalo's stuff as well and was partially inspired by his material to research the f-sequence further.

He makes a lot of interesting connections for sure, but for balanced reading there's this.

The fibonacci is indeed prevalent in nature, but so are all other possible sequences of which there are an infinite amount. That's why I don't get too involved in directly connecting it to everything. It does seem logical to me however that it's directly connected to evolution, including the evolution of thoughts due to it's simplicity and potential for infinite exponential expansion. And I do believe the universe would try to expand in the fastest most efficient way possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think it started by a type of paradox, how can there be nothing and how can there be existence, if you take them as numbers you have what?

0 and 1 basically, but if theres a paradox and neither can be alone, what should we actually get? perhaps time, the state is changing from one to the other so quick, could we still be in the singularity and all that exists is a type of self experiencing conscious experience split and yet still one and nothing all at the same time?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Ed
reply to post by Kruel

Would you say the consciousness of the universe would be what most people would call God?

A conscious universe certainly leads credence to the idea of God. However, traditional interpretations of God make him out to be some external entity who created the universe separate from himself.

I believe that 'God' and the 'Universe' are synonymous.

Imagine there being multiple layers of consciousness, and at the top there's only one, with everyone else inside. The cells in our bodies could be conscious for all we know. Maybe the earth is conscious and thinks of us as a virus. Do we think of viruses as conscious?
They might be! Most never consider the possibility because we've been told since birth that consciousness requires a brain (or a soul).

I think my sig pretty much sums it up.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
One-man thread! Lol... seriously I'm not trying to bump this, but I was just reading through some of my ramblings and found this: "The universe grows as much in 1/3 of time as it did the previous 2/3s."

That was just some random "insight" that I gleamed from a meditation and threw in my ramblings.txt file.
Anyway I just looked at the fibonacci sequence and it does indeed grow as much in 1/3 as it did in the previous 2/3s! I love synchronicities.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks for that link, definitely balanced reading. Like I said before, I only read part of one volume and have done little research on the subject. I know there are many sequences out there that exist. What I posted and what I've read tied into my other studies on a wide variety of subjects.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a contributor. This is a subject that should be receiving more attention.

peace

new topics

top topics

join