It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread dating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello, I was wondering how difficult it would be to include the original post date on the threads? Often I find myself clicking on what I perceive to be new topics/threads only to find out that some go back as far as a few years ago. It would be helpful to have a "born on date" so to speak so that an idiot like myself doesn't get halfway through a 20 page thread only to realize the conversations took place two years ago!

Yikes!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this question. It has been something that I would like to see as well. It certainly would make it easier to browse all the threads intelligently. However, you may need to U2U a mod or someone "at the top" since it will require some website changes.

This is a great suggestion and I hope they will accommodate.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

your original post date and time:
posted on 11-9-2008 @ 12:41 PM

it's at the top of each post.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks. I realized that, however, I was thinking more like a column on the recent posts grid that would give the date of origin. One must open each post to see the original date. Thanks for the quick reply though.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think he means from the individual thread lists on each forum, not from within the thread itself. I can't recall ever seeing a site with the original posting date listed that way, most just list them according to the last reply date.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweet Paula

given that something showing up in the current post listing is, usually, still being discussed, the original date shouldn't be that essential.

that said, the original poster complained of reading 20 pages before realizing it was an old thread. Well, he read the first page (and more but 20 is probably an overstatement) and didn't notice. that's good in that the discussion was interesting and, presumably, the end of it was current so wouldn't it be detrimental to date them, potentially chasing interested parties away from the topic?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

I concur.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

i was in recent posts, clicked on a thread and started reading, the opening post was from a couple years ago, i noticed that right away, but it was in recent posts so i thought it was still being discussed, so i started reading through most of the thread, and the last post was from a couple years ago but it still showed in recent posts. so what up with that?

i realize that when someone posts anon. that sometimes it doesnt show up immediately, but that wasnt the case here.

i

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Agreed...it would be helpful. If the author column on recent posts page could be similar to the last post column with the date included it would be beneficial. my reason is the opposite. If someone has new information on an old thread I would find that even more interesting. peace
Two cents over and out.

top topics

join