It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it's a good move to expose the RNC for what it is attempting. Just as good if the DNC was caught doing the same thing. I haven't posted at ATS in awhile just because the din of rhetoric of the political season was so deafening throughout the forums. Hate how the anonymity of the internet makes it okay to post something you'd never say face to face in real life to someone. It's a sad state of affairs and the founding fathers would be appalled, I have no doubt of that.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Well somebody is going to have to be a whole lot more specific on what mudslinging is and is not because a lot of the time just posting your personal opinion here is considered mudslinging, if it doesn't jive with the opinion of whichever moderator is "in charge" at that time.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
OK. I said I was alright with this only moments ago, but then I find things like

This Thread

That does seem rather odd. I didn't notice it going South in terms of discussion.

Overall though I think that there was getting to be too much political drivel and not enough substance coming from many recent threads. We have only ourselves to blame for this.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Some people do believe in those shape shifting aliens. I don't, but some do. And hey, they may be right.

Me, I am big on Ghosts. Love Ghost Hunters. Love doing my own thing. But to your opinion there should be nothing on the Paranormal because you see it as silly.

As people here have said, they see the politics in America as silly. Should we do away with all politics because they see politics as silly?

And again, am I the only one who notices that its the same type of poster who opposes these new rules?

Twice you have referred to "the same type of poster who opposes these new rules" ---- Since only a handful of people have replied here about this new development how can you come to any conclusion as to the overall opinion of members? Jumping the gun imo. I know there are really not that many people who are regular posters here now but give them a chance to speak up.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We live upon a very disturbing planet filled with chaos in every corner.

I have called upon the Aeons or syzygies, the secret builders of the human race, Monad, Bythos and all the others watching over this mess.

I ask with my hand extended to the stars, put an end to this madness and cleanse the planet of deceit, false prophets, leaders defiling the earth and all its humanity by there greed and lies.

Away with them all.............

This message brougth to you by the Ron Paul for president support team.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Would you like a list of sites where my arrogance isn't a factor and where unchecked character assassination is embraced?

What you're doing here is basically a broad character assassination of anyone Republican. You guys keep claiming this is equal opportunity, yet everyone supporting this move seems worried about Republican's posts. You've created a conspiracy that focuses attention on one group of people here.

The vast majority of relies in this announcement threat would disagree with that statement.

Could that be because they are scared to? You may not see it, but there is definitely an "us vs them" feeling here. Those who disagree might simply be staying out to avoid possible ban.

EDIT: That's all I'm going to say on the issue. Its obvious that I'm in the minority here, so we'll just have to see what happens.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So now we can go back to talking about shape-shifting reptilian aliens from Zeta Reticuli and the grunt grunt “Bush did it” mentality. Glad to know ATS has “raised” it’s standards!

Well this is what has me confused as well.

I am just interested in uncovering the truth, I am not a registered Democrat or Republican, I thought this was an alternative site >

What am I missing?

BTW, I was invited to post here by a friend that I told my UFO experience to,

[edit on 123030p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yay! So what I sound like a high school cheerleader with pom poms, I'm glad these steps are being taken. It is refreshing to hear. I am relieved of the dread of visiting this site.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Although I am applauding this decision, I think it's starting to go too far. I opened a thread this morning simply discussing alternative VP choices, asking for opinions on who people thought would be a better choice. After a couple hours, and some responses, all of a sudden badge01 comes in and closes it stating:

Though of mild interest, this thread is going nowhere.

In the spirit of the new political thread guidelines, I'm closing it.

What guidelines was this thread breaking? Why was it going nowhere? It had several responses after a couple of hours. Is this a new guideline? Unless it gets so many responses after a certain amount of time, it's closed?

I'm very disappointed that badge01 closed it, and I hope other mods can reverse his decision.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
What you're doing here is basically a broad character assassination of anyone Republican.

You are wrong. Here's a list of the thread titles deleted as a result of this new policy:
McCain is apparently sexist too
McCain 'Freed From Prison' Video
McCain's New Ad Re: Sex Education Vote by Obama
Audacity of Deceit-new book outlining Dark Future for America under Obama
The case against the case against Palin
McCain's "lipstick/pig" comment
MTV VMA Host: "Elect Obama, Bush is a retard"
Deadline for Impeachment
My breakdown of casual neocon rhetoric

In this short amount of time, it appears that more rhetoric threads critical of republicans have been deleted than those critical of democrats.

but there is definitely an "us vs them" feeling here.

I agree. Those who care about real issues -vs- those who care about divisive disruption.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

What you're doing here is basically a broad character assassination of anyone Republican. You guys keep claiming this is equal opportunity, yet everyone supporting this move seem worries about Republican's posts. You've created a conspiracy that focuses attention on one group of people here.

Its been said over and over again by several people - including SO in his opening post in this thread that BOTH sides have been as bad as each other.

Did you hear that? BOTH sides have been as bad as each other.

Once again. BOTH sides have been as bad as each other.

[edit on 11/0908/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well I'm feel kind of old to be spank by mods, so I will ask right of the bat if my signature is within guidelines, if not I will more than gladly remove it.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Skeptic what are the chances of banning the use of derogatory terms such as "neo-con"? Do you realize just how insulting that term is to a conservative like myself. On ATS, far too often that term is applied to anyone espousing a conservative viewpoint and it IS meant to be an insult and it IS a form of "political baiting". Ban the use of insulting labels and you will be making a move in the right step IMHO.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I know the post was not directed at me, BUT I have been in situations were I felt I was insulted and by just click that "alert" button on the post in question it would bring a complaint to the mods ( I think), they would look into the matter and respond by their judgment.

Is my experience that their judgement is right on point.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Bunch]

link   
Let us run it up the pole and see if it waves!!
Take ito the woods to see if it hunts!
Toss it in the water and see it it floats!
Lets put a saddle on it and see if it rides!
etc,etc.

link   

Then could you please explain the thread I and sensfan linked to then?

I'm at a loss for why that was deleted.

link   

That's fine, but I don't know what else the current group of people in charge could be called?

They are certainly not traditional conservatives...

Neoconservative just means new conservative...

The prefix neo means young, fresh, new. It's not really an insult - unless you consider being grouped in with the current administration as an insult.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Again, not trying to pick on you... you're just the last one to respond on the list.

But instead of everyone just whining because "they think this might lead to good threads being closed", why not wait until that happens?

By that I mean, wait until there is a good thread that is providing positive discussion that gets closed. Then take issue with it.

Right now everyone is just arguing over nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why don't we just stick with the labels of the candidates themselves:

Republican and Democrat

May not be PC.

May not be the actual truth.

But, hopefully, those labels aren't that insulting to anyone involved.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

NO they aren't. I linked just such a discussion on the previous page. And sensfan brought it up on this one.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on that thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join