It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well I'm npt American and have no interest in your politics but the very fact that a political party thought they could sway voters by swamping ATS with threads is a big vote of confidence for Above Top Secret and clearly shows that its members ethics and principles are creating large waves that are upsetting the elite.
I got the impression that SkepticOverlord was dismayed by this unwanted invasion! He should be pleased that the political elite view this site as a potential threat. It shows adequately that swapping ideas, theories and views on subject which matter,on a global scale, works. The message is getting out there!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thank God!!

I was beginning to lose faith in ATS & the American people - so much bigotry & childish tit for tat tactics going on - finally the Owners have stood up & said ENOUGH!!

I'm not American - I'm Irish & was gobsmacked to see the behavior of some on here in recent weeks, the bitter division was so intense it was sickening.

We have elections here (in the Republic) and we have none of this, maybe a few snide comments here & there but nowhere near whats been going on here.

The closest thing I can relate this to is during the time of the Troubles in the North & the hatred between the Catholics (IRA) & the Protestants (UVF) - it feels like the same old game they played day in & day out, childish, stupid tit-for-tat tactics - then one side would go out and plant a car bomb, shoot a Catholic taxi-driver, then a Protestant postman would get a bullet - killing innocent people - for WHAT??? - to prove a point?

This is what makes ATS so great - expose these provocateurs stand up & end this NOW - My sincere thanks & admiration to all the Staff here on ATS.

Just make the right choice guys, whatever it may be.

A big time reader, small time poster

Marker

[edit on 11-9-2008 by marker3221]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by marker3221]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
But having THIS as a prominent ad on the sidebar does not help your cause SO. Look at the subjects in the ad.

So i hate to hurt you in the ad-income but maybe it would be a good idea to scrap this one?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Will ATS be making a statement to the media?

The chances that something like this would be picked up seems very slim, but having, what you obviously see as proof, of the RNC intentionally muddying the waters seems like news to me.

Sending out e-thugs to ensure that actual political discussion is not allowed to overcome the onslaught of non-issue and inuendo is no less disgusting then sending out people to try and turn protests into riots.

Furthermore, this is coming from the Republican Party. The Dems. are just as quilty I am sure. Both parties have spent the last 18 months ensuring that the issues that affect us are not discussed...

...are we regressing back to the political fairy tale landscape of the early 20th century? God, I hope not.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I could not agree more. That little MSNBC sidebar does nothing but tell me the latest gossip. In my opinion it is a ridiculous waste of space and an insult to the already insulted 'news ticker'.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is something that absolutely had to be done, I think some of the other topics are being overshadowed by the ridiculous posturing and sniping. We are so much better than that, with all the incredibly smart people on both sides of the fence we have here at ATS.

P.S. We should chip in and buy Gools a wrist brace to cope with closing all these goofy threads.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Good
We need to regain control and now!
I thank the AtS staff for taking a firm stand.
Keep up the good work.

Spike

Regain CONTROL? Ha. This forum is so swayed to the mods and the longterm member clique that it's not even funny. I have been here just a few months but it became quite clear long ago that if one of a certain group of members didn't agree with you, they tattled to Teacher and whammo the thread is closed or threats are leveled which usually ends it anyway. Politics are the only SANE thing to discuss here. Now you'll be left with your members who see shadow people crawling all over the place, real-life vampires, missing-time victims (it was the Jagermeister, if the truth were known), and if all that doesn't interest you, you can always join the thread of those who have experienced "THE AWAKENING" ----- LOL. How this place has lasted this long defies reason, but I think the downhill slide has only just begun. Yeah yeah I know, it's curtains for me. Let's see which one of you gets to drop the hammer and get their fix for the hour. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have supported every change so far in regards to political discussion here at ATS, but I think it's getting out of hand now.

We are at the point now that we can not discuss hardly anything regarding politics at all.

Take this thread for example, why was this closed? It was a discussion about a real comment made by a real person.

I realize some will say there was baiting or partisan bickering; but there was nothing vile or angry here. Politics is a partisan game, it's not an issue where everyone can agree.

As much as I hate to say this, especially since I have been spending 95% of my time at ATS in the last few months in the political boards, I am going to have to stop posting in these forums all together for the time being. I don't want to take the chance of being banned for posting something that I believe no one has any reason to be banned for. I'll just keep to myself in the other ATS boards.

This is a really sad day for ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Since there 'SEEMS' to be some evidence that "NEOCONS' are bombing this site. I would realy like to know what particular organizations backed by George Soros are posting here. The evil 'NEOCONS' are invading!! That in itself is inflamatory to anyone who believes in Conservative platforms for our government. I see attacks every time I log on, by the other types, what ever that may be with absolutly NO culling of that herd! Its your board and you can do whatever you want, but many of your advertisers probably have conservative values also and its going to bite you squarly where the sun don't shine in the long run. If McCain/Palin win in Nov. I will be very interested in the moderation used after inauguration. It will be telling I'm sure!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The reason is that ATS is essentially a alternative news / conspiracy / UFO Website...

...as opposed a a mainstream, politics or tabloid-like source of information.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Then why have Political boards?

I'm sorry, but that's the worst excuse I've heard during this whole "process".

link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
but I think the downhill slide has only just begun

Yesterday was our biggest traffic day ever... by a wide margin, after a record-setting month of August... and August is typically a slow month for content-heavy websites.

We had over 94,000 visits yesterday, viewing more than half-a-million pages in one day. Just three years ago, we would have been impressed with those stats in one week.

And as compared to the same period last year, we're running at slightly better than double the traffic of early September, 2007.

link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Does anyone see how biased this is?

For over 7 years President Bush has been bashed endlessly here on ATS.

Then here comes Barack Hussein Obama, and all of a sudden we have to make major changes.

Who are we protecting here?

I will do my best to abide by the new rules, but I can't help but see the hipocracy.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

In addition to Skyfloating's response, threads like that get closed because they are completely irrelevant. Obama does not control what people say. Why people are joking that he's like Jesus is easily explained, but it's not necessary.

It has nothing to do with Obama, it has nothing to do with this election, and it has no business being discussed along side real politics. It's about as important as what you'll watch on E! News.

Originally posted by nyk537
Then why have Political boards?

I'm sorry, but that's the worst excuse I've heard during this whole "process".

Again, you're not asking for a political board, you're asking for a gossip board.

Perhaps you can request them to make one for you.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Politics has been the main feature on the front page of ATS. It can hardly call itself an "alternative" source of information and discussion if that continues.

My opinion only.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Then let's remove the political boards altogether then.

That's obviously where we are heading anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have to say.
It feels like I can spread my arms and spin around again.
I can take a deep, cleansing breath without choking on the stench of American Political rhetoric.
I
Feel
BETTER!

Thanks ATS.

Cuhail

(Thanks Skyfloating

, your above statement makes me feel I was heard)

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Given what we here know of those involved, we can only assume that provocateurs from all sides of the spectrum are here on our beloved ATS with a plan to disrupt productive discussions.

It would be helpful, if you took the political tinted glasses off for a moment, and actually read what SO said in his opening post.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Then let's remove the political boards altogether then.

That's obviously where we are heading anyway.

I personally wouldnt mind to remove the charade altogether. But thats not up to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Bombeni
but I think the downhill slide has only just begun

Yesterday was our biggest traffic day ever... by a wide margin, after a record-setting month of August... and August is typically a slow month for content-heavy websites.

We had over 94,000 visits yesterday, viewing more than half-a-million pages in one day. Just three years ago, we would have been impressed with those stats in one week.

And as compared to the same period last year, we're running at slightly better than double the traffic of early September, 2007.

Out of those 94,000, how many of them had the nerve to make a post?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join