It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flock of Seagulls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Back in August 10 2006, apparently a large number of birds... an extremely large number of birds, took flight from Chambers Island (located in the Bay of Green Bay), and in a bizarre formation large enough to be seen on weather radar imagery; this happened the same day that good o' boy George W Bush was coming to Green Bay WI.

Now... how many birds does it take to create an image like this?

Follow the link to see a looped feed of the weather radar

www.crh.noaa.gov...

According to experts, the birds captured on radar are probably double-crested cormorants or seagulls, although Robert Howe, a professor of biology and environmental sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay was quoted as saying "It's a very interesting pattern. It is almost certainly caused by birds, but I am not sure what kind" Italics added by myself.

Secondly, how often does this occur? You would think that, with the bird population as it is, and the number of birds which migrate, that this would be a common occurrence, but it isn't.

This was taken, in part, from a newspaper article as seen in the Green Bay Press Gazette... I don't have the date of it, since I was apparently too silly for my own good to save the header.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Unworthy sources...

Just noticed that the newsprint stated that this occurred on Chambers Island, but the radar link states that it was centered around Green Island. Probably nothing, but, if they can mess up something like the location, I wonder what else was altered.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
maybe seismic activity caused then to leave I mean what else but a clear a present danger would cause every bird on that island to vacate

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Very cool animation of them leaving.

I did notice the following:

A large group of birds was detected leaving Green Island on Green Bay to feed just before sunrise on August 10, 2006. This radar signature, known as a "roost ring," occurs as birds leave their roost and fly into the air. The roost ring expands until the birds begin foraging after dispersing.

The way they are describing it, it doesn't seem like all that 'abnormal' of an occurance.

IMO, it definately looks like something spooked them rather than a daily feeding exercise.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Granted, birds do travel outward to look for food sources, but the sheer size of this roost ring, the thickness of it...

From Marinette WI to Sturgeon Bay WI is, as the crow flies, 26 miles. what kind of numbers are we talking about to create a radar image of that scope?

Is this a crypto / conspiracy? No, not by any means. Is it bizarre? Yes...

And with the apparent source of the birds being Green Island, a heavily wooded island roughly 90 acres, it doesn't seem the habitat for seagulls

Green Island
en.wikipedia.org...(Wisconsin)

Seagulls
www.pnptc.org...

And yes, I know I'm just making speculations, just enjoying the discussion

Oh, least I forget, living in Marinette County and watching them first hand, seagulls don't migrate in that time of year... nor have I seen a flock of such size as outlined in the radar image.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I prefer Men without Hats, though 'I Ran" was quite good.
Oh, you weren't talking about the band?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChChKiwi

LOL I thought the same thing when I saw the post title... I was thinking, well, they did have some pretty wild hairdos back in the day. Maybe the seagulls WERE aliens...

They're flying down the avenue...
I never thought I'd see a flock like you...
see a flock like you...

top topics

join