It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was ATS attacked on the morning of September 11th 2008?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Interesting link to realtime (sort of) internet map which highlights traffic, latency or attack traffic.

www.akamai.com...

Hey ATS admin guys, if you have any info let us know. I take it there wasn't a denial of service attack coz we could see the error page. Did something happen to the server, the database or site code?

There does seem to be some black op stuuf happening with the technical structure of the internet. They could also be installing all the back doors to point and click tap everything we do and tag and monitor every single user who accesses sites like this!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So what you're saying it could have been worse than seeing the "Under Maintenance" screen. We could have seen SO Wii Screen instead???

I think that would have freaked me out moore

Who said anything about a screen?
I just said Wii!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think something happened as well, cause of Unhived Mind & GLP, but also because when I went to my email, I got 82 spam messages, even though my anti-virus is top notch. Logged on to my internet provider POSTININI account and found over 15000 spams waiting to come get me. I called the Sasktel tech support and the techy was shocked as his account had massive amounts of junk as did co-workers last night.

Some major spam was crashing everyone's servers. Mailer-daemon was returning 1000's of undelivered messages I never sent from Russia, Japan, China, the UK, and everywhere else with lots of non Roman characters?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was getting a temporarily unavailable screen....it said due to server maintenance/updates?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was also receiving the under maintenance, return in a few hours screen. Also, I was trying to access last.fm's download and login page and it kept sending me to google cache versions of the page, all around the same time period.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I was getting a temporarily unavailable screen....it said due to server maintenance/updates?

The odd thing is that you could still go to the home page.
You just couldn't link to the forums.
I wonder why the home page would work at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think this is a deliberate attempt by the gov to strike fear, once again into the american people. I think this is to remind us that there's still threats beyond our control and we "NEED" them to stop things like this from happening.... even though they still happen. God we're in some screwed up times.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I guess it was my imagination adding to your comment . . .

But hey that would have been an interesting site don't you think, possibly kinda scarry?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

but we would have been able to pic SO's mii and play mario kart
would have been real fun sdog!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My iphone 3g is dropping calls and acting very strange as of late yesterday into this afternoon. So far nothing from ATT about it just everyones phone is acting up that's all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hope an "adult" comes over to tell us what really happened.
Pretty soon we're gonna assume that SO got a couple of Goldschlägers too many.

Ah, there's my Wii, now where is the server?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is a weird technological malfunction issue. And why today of all days? I have dish network and it keeps pixellating and saying searching for satellite transponders every so often. Very odd. Anyone else having issues with any othe communication based electronics?
-Z-

P.S. As I was writing this, my buddy JUST called me saying he's been having trouble getting his cell to connect, it keeps saying network busy, and he's on the EAST coast im on the WEST.
Very strange indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have digital cable and cable internet and both have been totally screwed up....but it's been for I'd have to say the past 5-6 days, not just the past two. I have to constantly reset my modem and/or router as the internet slows down to the point even google won't load. When I reset, all is well for a few hours and then bam down again.

My dig. cable is scrambling channels, shutting off in the middle of On Demand shows and weird high pitched noises randomly coming through the tv speakers. If it weren't for the fact that I have to sit on hold for an hour, I'd call the provider...

Michelle

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I checked in this morning at 5:03am CST and there was a Sever Maintenance screen where the Recent Posts should have been. Another forum I belong to was undergoing scheduled maintenance at that time... and I thought it was a strange coincidence.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

SO already said it wasn't maintenance.
He said he'd look into it and let us know.
So we're just waiting to find out.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh I agree SD... that's why I mentioned the screen I saw. Should have took a screen capture... darn it. It just seemed weird to me... I have never seen that screen used b4 on ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well...it's not just the fact I live in the country!lol

Me too, slow internet connections, resetting my router, getting the "maintenance" page here, slow google and other sites...almost dialup speeds. And even as some others have mentioned, sort of weird SAT TV. Not so much pixelization, but audio being garbled,on mutiple channels, which shouldn't happen. Digital should be either on or off, nothing like I experienced....like a screwed up cassette player. This has been going on for a few days, but all seems fine now.

Methinks, someone is doing some "testing" of the global communication systems or at the least solar activity? Anyone follow sun spots etc?

BTW east Canada.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Im glad I wasnt the only one to notice this.

To add to something even wierder than the site being down, let me tell you what happened as well.

My link in my favorites folder was down, it kept giving me an error message when I clicked it. So I did a search for ATS in Yahoo and after finding a link to ATS in the search field I clicked to see if it would work.

It took me to what appeared to be the main page of ATS, complete with the mountains and sky and the logo at the top. It also showed the main topics of the day etc, but when I clicked to go into one of the threads....it routed me to some crazy site that was based in Korea and all of the writing was Korean.

I even backed out and tried it a second time and it took me to the same Korean site. It was bizarre and I wasnt sure if it was some sort of fishing scheme or what. At that point I logged off and went to sleep.

When I woke up it was all normal again. Wierd indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

That's the screen i saw too....and never seen it before either...

Also SD, i couldn't get on the home page??

[edit on 11/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I received the "Server Maintainence" screen early this morning (Thursday September 11, 2008) as well.

I didn't think anything of it until seeing this thread.

I am especially perturbed to read that other communications sources, as well as websites were affected as well.

It immediately brought to mind the post I made regarding an incident that occured on 08/14/2008:

The gist of the rumor, as I understand it, is that word leaked out regarding an attempt by Georgian forces to severely disrupt Russian command/contol/communications (C3) by the introduction of a digital virus.

To maintain assets in Georgia, Russia could not be seen to act against the plot herself.

The US volunteered "firewall" protection, despite the real and potential financial implications such action required.

In return, the US is rumored to have recieved certain diplomatic assurances and/or concessions from Russia in the event of an attack upon Iran, likely to be carried out by Israel.

If these rumors are true, it does not bode well for "Peace in the Middle East", at least not in the immediate future.

The big question still on everyone's mind is: "What will China do in the event of an attack on Iran?"

In the next 2-3 months or so, look for some "interesting" contacts between China and the US.

If Sino-US relations suddenly become warm and smilely, leave Tehran.

If relations turn cold and nasty, leave the planet.

It would seem that the Georgian affair has not, as of yet, turned out quite as the US had hoped/expected (nice feint, Vladimir!) and caught the US with its pants down and its hands empty.

It is possible, in fact, that Russia, or another foreign power (not necessarily a foreign Country, mind you!) might have learned how the US exercisizes its control protocols vis-a-vis communication satellites/systems.

Have we done been Duped?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join