It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After I researched about the Hill Abduction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

That would be the same concept as trying to build a plane while ignoring all documentation regarding mechanics of flight and aero design.

Much research has been done on the B&B Hill case to include re-tracing their route with a watch. Why re do what has been done? Research does not necessarily mean doing the whole thing from scratch, especially when you can stand on the shoulders of work done, and continue.

re·search [ r sùrch ]

noun
Definition:

organized study: methodical investigation into a subject in order to discover facts, to establish or revise a theory, or to develop a plan of action based on the facts discovered.

For the sake of argument here is a list of website with information and research pertaining to the hill abduction. (I have left out the obvious ones from sites such as ufocasebook, weird-encyclopedia, and the like to attempt to bring a more non-biased base.)

www.seacoastnh.com...

www.reference.com...

www.concordmonitor.com.../20060919/REPOSITORY/309190001

www.kidzworld.com...

www.newsvine.com...

www.prlog.org...

mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

www.seancasteel.com...

My point here is, there is no need (short of not believing anyone) to do all the research from scratch. These are all misc. site discussing the Hill abduction. If you were to actually look at the "ufo websites", you would easily find that much of that work your stating needs to be done, has been.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge01, I can see why you were promoted.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on ATS. If I could applaud I would, certainly some of your contemporaries will.

I learned more about critical thinking and logic in your single post than I ever have before.

It gets so easy to just be carried away on the wave of excitment and wonder, thanks for the thoughtful and grounding point of view. Keeps me 'deying ignorance'.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

By all means if anyone has a complete timeline and a recounting of the trip being re-traveled with a clock and a stopwatch, including the dog walks and the re-enactment of the sightings and the time aboard the craft and estimates of the lag needed to end up with a three hour delay, then I'd like to see it. Site links would be helpful. But so far none of them posted here give that kind of detail.

I did find two sites with the rudiments of a time line, and one with a travelogue where the person tried to re-do the trip with detailed instructions by Betty Hill. I'm still reading it, but he doesn't appear to have done a re-enactment and timed that. I think it's a crucial part of this new look I'm proposing.

I'll look at Friedman's book again and see if he has a better timeline and/or a timing of the trip.

I also found a map of the trip but it's low rez so I'm working on making that legible.

Give me some time, though. Thanks for everyone's interest and for making this such an interesting thread.

What I plan to post is a time line with actual dates, emphasizing the contacts with outsiders, particularly the Pease AFB people and Kehoe's people and other officials.

I also plan to post a cleaned up map and a more detailed minute-by-minute account of the seven hour trip in clear list format. (Not sure if this is possible without Fowler's original book)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 13/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I thought what made the Betty Hill Star Map significant was the color(s) of one of the stars that we didn't know existed in that area.

Don't quote me on this word for word but I thought it was the type of star that she identified rather than the star map "fitting" that made the big difference.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join