It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is CNN Getting Kicked Out of Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Is CNN Getting Kicked Out of Russia?

exiledonline.com

You probably didn’t know that CNN censored Putin for being just too darn sensible. Yep, it’s true. About two weeks ago, Putin gave the network an exclusive 30-minute interview. And you know what happened? Nothing. It was never allowed to air. CNN doesn’t know it yet, but that decision might have cost them their Russian broadcasting rights.

On August 29, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin met with senior political correspondent Matthew Chance for a CNN exclusive interview. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wow, there's definitely something fishy behind this. Usually having somebody of Putin's status in an interview would warrant his own ads for an interview, but instead, it is hacked away into small soundbites that have probably only been played once or twice. I haven't watched the Russian TV version yet, but I will do so soon when I have more time. The question is: Why was it so heavily edited?

exiledonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/11/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I'm pretty sure the Russian version had some coughing and spluttering edited into it. I don't know why.

Also, Putin swore at one point, I think: Something about someone doing you-know-what in their pants.

I don't know why the U.S. CNN version didn't air in full, though. Here's the transcript.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
CNN is the main international news agency for america so you would assume, that cia runs a fair part of it. Just like the bbc is run alot by mi6, and russia keeps an eye on them, you would assume that cnn is being watched also.

new topics

top topics

join