It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I "met" our very own Skeptic Overlord

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I met Skeptic Overlord

Well, in my dream

Yesterday I saw a heavy influx of lhc doomsday threads and replied to most of them as false even though i was confident regarding that my subconscious mind was affected by these thread.

And for the first time in my life, I had a dream about a disaster occuring yesterday.

The dream goes like this I and SO were near a kind beach, (though I dont know how SO looks like, in my dream he looked around 50 and had a beard, and I called him SO), the reason why we were there was the reports of some huge waves in the beach, with coincidence to the LHC and we were there to investigate it and suddenly over the sealine we saw a huge monsterous wave approaching[it looked as high as the empire state building
], and so we both ran to the railway station which was nearby and boarded the train as it was leaving and the huge wave crashed behind us and we had escaped in the nick of time and then I woke up.

So, though this dream might sound silly, all I want to say is stop the doomsday threads

Because it alters the psychological mind and disturbs us, you all saw the thread where a girl commited suicide seeing the doomsday prediction on television.

And, Respected SO, I apologize for mentioning you here and disturbing your work

From this you can see how the psychology of the human brain is closely related to the things we come across in our day to day life, and also this shows how the vulnerable the subconscious mind is and it affects the entire days schedule as the efficiency is reduced, so take better approach to the things you come across and reduce the many nightmares you experience.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by peacejet]

Mod Edit: Slight edit in title to avoid misunderstandings.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Please note that this discussion is NOT about SkepticOverlord's travels in the dream world, but the psychological impact of "Doomsday Predictions".

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well, while i do agree on your feeling about doomsday threads i do really dislike the proposed 'solution'. Stopping the doomsday threads does not stop the doomsday feeling, if you get upset reading them; work on it. People commiting suicide over doomsday prophecies are people that have something wrong with them to begin with, just like people that start killing other peope because of a videogame.

Stop the violent videogames to? And unnecesary walks outside because you could get killed by a miriad of things while walking outside! You could get killed by the guy going nuts over video games or flattened by someone jumping from a building because of doomsday predictions!

If and when the doomsday thing upsets you; deal with it or avoid them at all costs and if you are to curious to ignore reading the topics do not blame the topic itself but grow a spine and work on ignoring those topics leaving them be for the people that can handle them and likes to read up on them from time to time.

And i do know where you are coming from. I had the same thing, i woul read up on some or other prediction and panic, i could (and can) not ignore the topics. In the meantime i do have a certain detached feeling about them and do not get upset over it, it works like a charm

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Yes you are correct though I get upset sometimes, I am different from the others thats what my friends say, as my signature says I dont worry about anything, I live the present.

Just wanted to say that the mind can also be affected through this simple things also.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by peacejet]

new topics

top topics

join