It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporter Compares Him To "Jesus".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Big Question. Why are all of these Politicians still yapping away when they are doing absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the understanding of the issues at hand? How many more of these ludicrous statements are we going to bare witness to?

Not too long ago most Americans were at the very least joking about Obama being portrayed as some "Messiah". Now he has a campaign supporter stating such a comparison in a serious statement. All I can say, is that those individuals associated with and surrounding United States Presidential Candidate Barack Obama are in no way helping his run for Office.

Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen riled Republicans Wednesday after he compared Barack Obama to Jesus Christ and suggested Sarah Palin is akin to Pontius Pilate.

The Tennessee Democrat, who supports Obama, was on the House floor giving a one-minute speech when he offered the comparisons.

“If you want change, you want the Democratic Party,” Cohen said. “Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor.”

elections.foxnews.com...-653659

[edit on 9-11-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Its nothing new. You would probably be shocked to read some of the biblical things the media has compared Obama too.

1. A "being of light".
2. A "gift" for the planet earth.
3. A man, "who's speeches should be added to the bible".

There was this gem the other day too:

www.nytimes.com...

"Lord told him, an ordinary black boy, ‘You can be a state senator and you can bring folk to the bargaining table who not only do not talk to one another, these folk don’t like one another.’

"He did what the Lord said," Mr. Wright continued, "an ordinary black boy like Mary was an ordinary little girl."

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Democrats get so angry when we called him Lord Obama, or call him the messiah.

Then a supporter compares him to Jesus, and just a few weeks ago Pelosi said he was send from God at this time.

Just Classic!

[edit on 11-9-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Supporters of political parties are filled with parties and personal ideologies.

For the way people react to their political favorites in this nations this not surprises at all that some may even picture their candidates as saviors.

That is the way of the human nature when faced with the stress of everyday life in a nation that no longer can be call the nation of plenty unless you belong to certain groups.

With more and more people losing their American dreams any politicians that paints a picture of a better US will seem like the perfect messiah.

Remember is just human nature.

I am one of those people that can never truly understand the extend of people's loyalties and worshiping when it comes to their political parties and their choices of leaderships.

To me they all corrupted and dirty.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is ridiculous! If it keeps going on this way, they're going to call Obama a saint and build churches in his name in the future. That kind of stuff definitely turns me off.

The St Obama Chapel.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Between this and Biden's recent Hilary statements, it looks like Obama's goose is really cooked.

This is what happens when you drink from a trough filled by the blind adoration of your followers.

If Mr. Change had really been about *change*, he would have persuaded his followers to remain supporters and explained to them the difference.

(The irony of course is, if he has done that, he would have elevated himself further to heights rarely seen in US presidential politics.)

I think the sinking Obama ship proves a few things:

1) Ferraro was correct when she said the Democratic party was infatuated with the *concept* of a black man running for President, and

2) Obama's inexperience and ego exposed the lack of depth he claimed to have with respect to his judgment.

What an unfortunate outcome. After the last eight years, this country deserves better that what has been provided to it by this election cycle from both sides.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Kind of creepy. Isn't there a prophecy that says the anti christ will say he's Jesus?

I'm not a christian but thats kind of wierd.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Madness Ends Today

Thread Closed.

top topics

join