It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by FiatLux

LOL, sarcasm goes over your head?

Please read the post I made before that one - reply to that one.

Are you by any chance American?

Ahh, ok, I stand corrected. Normally no about the sarcasm, I just haven`t had my gallon of coffee yet, so I`m a little slow this morning. I just read it, and yes I have to agree with most of it, but one thing. There are many like me that have not bought what our government has and is doing at this time. Many of us are not the animals that others may think we are, not in the least. Many of us are doing everything we can think of to try and get this runaway government back under control. So to answer your last question, yes, I`m an American, so have a little hope that we can get this country back to what it should be.

I was going to go back and edit out my first responce to what you said. But I believe I will leave it as it is, just for those who may really have that sort of attitude about us. Thanks TruthTellist.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

We are exactly what the politicians want us to be - undereducated, sick, poor, trapped. We can control some of this if we help each other. The problem is that governments do a great job of dividing and conquering. Until we come together as human beings and help each other, putting governments in proper perspective as entities which exist to serve us and not vice versa, nothing will change.

I am more than ready to extend my hand to all of my brothers and sisters in the US, and beyond. I don't care what color you are or what religion you practice. I don't care if you're poor or your fingernails are dirty. Strip the skin off and we are all the same creature.

As one, we have got to stop defining ourselves by borders and colors and cultures and languages. As one, we have got to put down the guns and the bombs and pick up the books and the power tools. Until we do, nothing will change.

From my heart,
Sleuth

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrambledeggs
i am an american.

i love america.

i am starting this thread to see why most, but not all, people on this site have an aggression, that can be labled as hate, towards america.

does america not have the highest quality of life in the world?
do those of you on this site who bash america not shop at any of americas convienent stores to support your life here?

what is so bad about this country that you have to bash it time and time again?

i can already see those of you that will scream, "provide us proof!!!!", but the proff lies within 75% of the threads and statements that are started here.

Let this be a thread where you can get your america bashing all said and done.... where you can voice your hatred for a country that has done so much for the world in so many different ways.

i for one love this country, even during the bad times that we may be having right now, because i know that the majority of its citizens are strong enough to pull through and conquer the evil we have acquired.

what happened to believeing in something greater than yourself?

or do americans only believe in the greatness of themselves????

i sure hope not.

What do you want then? For everyone to love America? If so why? What there to love?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Most don't hate America, just the personal agendas throughout government. If they ever start being the voice of the people again and do whats right things could rebound. Instead they are too busy spending our hard earned dollars attacking other countries or verbally attacking each other. Should we be happy about this and say go "Go America"? No, we should hold them to our high standards and expect them to deliver results. Anything less is a let down....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Doesn't matter what part of the good old U.S of A an American comes from they all have that we're better and bigger than you attitude. Besides that I find them okay.
Someone answer me this, preferably an American. "How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?
Americans are okay. With such a rich country they deserve a better system and lifestyle than the one they currently have.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Doesn't matter what part of the good old U.S of A an American comes from they all have that we're better and bigger than you attitude. Besides that I find them okay.
Someone answer me this, preferably an American. "How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?
Americans are okay. With such a rich country they deserve a better system and lifestyle than the one they currently have.

Let`s see, the last time I knew, I`ve never felt as though I was better then anyone else.

One of the richest nations? I hate to break it to you, but, when you have another 7 trillion dollars placed on top of your national debit, and nothing to pay it off with, I believe you just lost any richest nation status you may have had. But, good try anyhow.

"How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?"

As for the "one of the richest nations", see my answer above. As for the rest of your statement, good point, I`ve oftened wondered with as deep in debit we are as a nation, where the money comes from to fund this war, but we can`t seem to find enough money to fix any of our other problems we have. Odd, isn`t it?

I believe any human deserves a better system then this.

And the laughing face is for? I gather what you said, you meant it as a joke? Or what, be happy?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I will make this quick and easy for you. Since you have only been here for 5 days yet your writing style seems very familiar. Don't know.

Anyway, you got it all wrong. Period. Sure, there are some on this site that actually 'hate' America.

But the majority of those that post negative statements about 'America' are not hating on this country. They are questioning their government and holding them to task since the government represents the PEOPLE of this country.

There is a HUGE difference between loving this country and simply swallowing all of the lies that the government force feeds to everyone. That is NOT love. That is blind obedience. One who does not question the questionable actions of ones government is not a patriot but a traitor to their country.

Period.

This administration has LIED to the people of this country and this planet MANY MANY MANY MANY (my word limit would be taken up with as many many's as I could put in) times over. They have been caught in these lies. They have BENEFITTED financially from these lies. Have we benefitted financially? Nope.

So instead of giving a statement of 'blind' love to this country, maybe you should be a true American hero and QUESTION the criminal actions of this government.

I LOVE AMERICA AND WHAT IT WAS MEANT TO STAND FOR!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

SIGH... you can be critical of your nation's policies and behavior in the world and not hate it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Yes, it`s the corporate run government machine that is making a killing off of the people. All the people get, is higher taxes and prices with stagnant wages.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

America is constantly telling the world it's the richest nation in the world. Its constantly reminding other countries how big and bad you are! I dont doubt for a minute your figures on America's debt but you can always find plenty of money to go and blow up Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran (possibly?) While America keeps spending money on wars and ignores home based problems it is always going to be criticised and ridiculed. My country, the UK, is no better.
Not only Americans, we all deserve better.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Rich countries are the likes of Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. The U.S is a debtors country which has to borrow money to pay of other debt. Which drives us even more in debt. Our government even allows our companies to import more goods then we export. So we have more money leaving the country then we have coming in. Which truly kills the economy! You are right, we the people do deserve a better system but as long as Americans accept mediocre, just let the government keep blowing our tax dollars we have to suffer. It's very unfortunate that foreigners believe that all Americans are evil like our government.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I myself being from the UK actually love America! the only thing i hate about as far as America is concerned is the fact that like us they are losing more and more human rights and the threat of a police state is always there, i think there a great ally, and i hope to visit one day.but i do hate the sit com "friends" yeah thanks for that.not.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

America is constantly telling the world it's the richest nation in the world. Its constantly reminding other countries how big and bad you are! I dont doubt for a minute your figures on America's debt but you can always find plenty of money to go and blow up Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran (possibly?) While America keeps spending money on wars and ignores home based problems it is always going to be criticised and ridiculed. My country, the UK, is no better.
Not only Americans, we all deserve better.

When you say America, are you referring to the people, or the government? Because anyone can take it one way, or another, be more specific about that. Again, "you can always find plenty of money to go and blow up Afghanistan", when using the word "you", are you referring to you the people, or you the government?

"Not only Americans, we all deserve better" That is why I used the term humans in my responce to what you said. Not just Americans or people from the UK, but all humans.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

" It's very unfortunate that foreigners believe that all Americans are evil like are government. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I don't believe all foreigners believe ordinary Americans are all evil. You know, you could substitute the word,Americans ,with ,British and you would still get roughly the same answers and criticisms.
I guess we all agree- the money is there for us all to have a much better standard life than what we are currently having yet it is being wasted on ridiculous wars. . .

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't hate Americans I pity them.
Because one day very soon Americans are going to wake up and look around and all those incredible beautiful rights they had? They wont have them anymore. That gorgeous wide open country? It wont be open anymore.

Free Speech Zones.
Forced vaccines.
National ID.
Presidential Directive NSPD 51.
Gun Control.
Government spying on their own people.
Just a tip of the *fascist iceberg.

Would Americas Great Grandfathers of put up with that BS?
NO!
They fought and died in wars to keep OTHER countries free and you think they’d put up with this kind of BS on their own soil?
NO!
And NO ONE would have had the sack to go up to one of the American Founding Fathers and say “Yep we sure are violating your rights Sir, but, if you’re not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about doooo you Mr. Washington”.
The Founding Fathers and Mothers would a shot the little turd on the spot.

I pity Americans because when they finally pull themselves up out of their LazyBoy recliners, push the dinner tray laden with remnants of ignorance apathy and a happy meal out of their way, turn off the *reality* TV show and get angry enough to do something about their own state of affairs?

It will be too late.
And there will be no *America* out there to come in and save the Americans.

There will be no Leading International Power willing to fight and give up their own lives to ensure the return of Americas Democracy, Americas Children, their Homes, and their Lives.
There will be no Democratic Allie to rain down the wrath of God on tyrants who’ve raped and soiled America's Great Constitution.
There will be no Cavalry ridding in to rescue America when it finally realize their own Nation has been sold out to private organizations and other countries by the very people who were elected to protect it.

No, there will be no *America* out there to save you America.

Take a look at the url.

*14 Points of fascism: The warning signs

...taps...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

When I refer to you (America) of course I'm talking about your government. Ordinary Americans are okay. God, I holiday in New York every year because I love the people so much. But for the love of all that is holy, your government stinks to high heaven. . .

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by TheHunted

I guess we all agree- the money is there for us all to have a much better standard life than what we are currently having yet it is being wasted on ridiculous wars. . .

I totally agree, money should be spent on peace and better living. Governments only spend tax dollars on war and agendas that have nothing to do the the people.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What does the current government have to offer my grand children? More debit piled on more debit. Higher prices and taxes, hardly any job market whatsoever. A country where the only job to be had will be the fast food market. Wow, a great future they have to look forward to. Noooot.

I find it odd, that we live in a country of hardly any little businesses anymore, but mostly corporate giants. And yet the fast food market grows at breakneck speed. It must be, we live to work and eat, work and eat.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Thanks you for clarifying that. With all that`s been posted up to this point, it is hard to understand which one they may be talking about anymore. And yes, it does stink, very much so.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
americans are kinda arrogant, self-centered, the majority don't know or care about the rest of the world.

thats the truth.

If the government was perfect it would still be despised. It will never stop being hated.

And exactly what are you basing this on?

You know, blanket statements of any kind get me riled. Don't paint us all with the same brush. You don't even know me.

I'm an American, born and raised. I well know my country isn't perfect, but I still have a few tattered shreds of pride for it, even through it all, plus a little faith that there are a few good people left out there.

And, I don't dismiss other countries or cultures as inferior, or make baseless accusations like you have here. Hell, you might even be a nice person for all I know, but you sure don't seem like it.

Point is, I'm not judging you based on your short, baseless, blanket condemnation of all Americans (I suppose you meant to say folks from the USA, and are not including Canadians, Mexicans, and South Americans?)

I may not be well traveled (scared to fly, and also not rich) but I've always collected every scrap of information about other countries and their way of life as I could.

I had Spanish, Greek and Australian pen pals in high school, I speak Spanish, have always read National Geographic, eat lots of Lebanese food, had a close Philipino friend, dated a guy from Sri Lanka, was best friends as a kid with a Hungarian and a Korean, hung out with black people and Mexicans and Native Americans, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

And yes, I eat hamburgers with fries and ketchup once in a while!! God help me, them little bastards are delicious

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join