It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Since,Bush came into office we have had any kind of questioning of the administration is unpatriotic,but the Founders did not establish this nation to be a bunch of mindless flag waving robots they wanted honest debate it's what makes this nation what it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

yeah i fully understand , thats what i meant , is that the people are so far gone with adversiting and all the rest of the little tricks involved , that they couldnt care less about anything or other country , i think their visions are now clouded by what the goverment has done ....its a shame

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
speaking for myself.

i'm not a huge fan of america simply because it claims to have this hierachy in the world which i dont beleive they should have. (which comes from the government). three points which stick out for me....

*i cant think of 1 war thats been started by the usa in the last few centuries that has had the outcome proposed. wars dont save lives or countries so your government should stop preaching they do.

*the ignorance which comes from the people (not all) is mindboggling. you have some of the best acedemic teachers in the world though some ppl cant evan locate countries on the map. i was in the u.s recently and was asked numerous times if we in Oz ride kangeroos and think sydney is the only city and all the rest is desert.
these are only 2 examples...beleive me the list is long.

*your gun laws are unconceivable.

i'm not saying that australia, or any other country for that matter, is any better than you guys, though i think the outlandish confidence america portrays puts people off alittle.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
1) supported dictators (Chile, Pakistan, Greece).
2) steals land and culture from countries (Kossovo from Serbia, Macedonia from Greece).
3) applies double standards. Cyprus has been invaded and occupied by Turkey, but the USA is not interested. But USA is interested in Georgia.
4) CIA sold drugs to fund illegal wars.
5) started or participated in all major wars in the last 50 centuries.
6) it's the only country that used nuclear weapons.
7) Guantanamo.
8) Disregard for international laws. USA does not recognize the international court.
9) a high dosh of amoralism comes from USA. Extreme capitalism creates poor people. Money is God, thanks to USA.

The list is actually very big. I am just tired now, perhaps tomorrow I can fill it with more facts.

Pick a country, any country with over 15 million people and it is entirely possible to make a negative list just as long.

People hate the USA because it is assumed that the USA can do whatever it wants to do but it is only doing what it wants to do out of sheer national interest and not using it's power to solve everyone's problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
AMERICANS should travel more thats all i can say.......they need to see what the real world is like and not what the media shows them....again the biggest sheeple nation in the world USA

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People don't hate America. They hate the United States. Why would anyone possibly hate the two American continents? I have lost all hope for my country and it's people. Since doing so I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I've read a lot of the posts to those who replied and expressed why they hate america. And this post is directed at them:

All you who hate the USA can just go choke yourselves. The reason you all hate the USA is because we are the pinnacle of the current civilization on this planet. We are the top of the food chain in regards to geo-politics, geo-economics, private research & development, business enterprise and military might. Any person or organization that rises to the top is always attacked from all sides. Look at one of the USA's most successful company's - Microsoft. The largest and most profitable corporation in the world, the creator of the most utilized operating system for personal computers on the planet. And then there is Intel, AMD, Apple, McDonalds, Boeing, Lockheed, DARPA. We come up with the best gizmos because the USA generates the best and attracts the best. And we're charitable too. The USA provides billions of dollars per year to developing nations and millions of tons of food, technology support, military support, disaster relief all around the planet.

And this is the thanks we get. Knotheads who hate us. You all hate the USA because we strive to be the best, because we are the best and we produce the best and because the best from other countries come here to be the best because they are stifled by the constraints of the homeland governments. You're all jealous and sore losers.

Well I hate you. And know this; if the USA is attacked we will retaliate, no matter who is in office; and then the end of your world will be on you. If we are taken down then we will take all of you, who hate the USA, with us. Nothing can save you from a united people. We will put aside our differences (temporarily) if attacked and destroy any nation that even looks like it was involved.

-Euclid

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The people that hate America would do the same thing if they were in power, its basic human nature. People will do whatever they can to excess if they can get away with it. In otherwords, they are jealous that they don't have an equal playing field and won't be on one anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's safe to say, that 99% of us, don't hate America, but rather hate the American government.

I'm not American, but I spent sixteen years of my life there. (Actually, grew up there.)

I love America. I just don't love the government. (Come to think of it, I don't love any government.
)

But I will say this:

I've spoken to MANY Europeans who think that all Americans are gun toting war lovers who sit on their butts rich in Texas gold.

That kind of perception does run rampant amongst many, something I try to correct every chance I get.

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is truly no hope. Imagine having to live amongst people with so much venom and so little knowledge.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
ill just pretend im Iranian for this one

i hate the american goverment becasue they (the CIA) helped fund a bunch of terrorists and gave them help to over throw a democratic goverment that wouldnt give all our oil to them for stupidly low costs so they accused the goverment of bieng communist and had them over thrown and put thier own lapdog dictator in power

he stole much of my countries wealth and gave away our natural resources cheaply and let the countries infrastructure crumble throwing many into poverty and starvation

we had our own revolt over threw this dictator reclaimed our natural resources for our self and instilled our own form of goverment

now years on the americans are trying to threaten us saying our goverment should be democratic (why so you can over throw it again?) and we should stop our nuclear programs even though they helped us start them when the lap dog was in power

seriously if your gonna start such trollish thread then get all worked up and make silly trollish complaints about it awww you dont like me so i dont like any of you and ill poke you in the eye if you look at me funny etc you should just walk away and not look back

if you dont like my country thats your choice im not gonna cry or make threats about it

im also not dumb enough to start threads asking you to insult it either, i kinda like where i am and my opinion counts more to me then yours does

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

People hate the USA because it is assumed that the USA can do whatever it wants to do but it is only doing what it wants to do out of sheer national interest and not using it's power to solve everyone's problems.

That's the thing, wutone. Americans seems to believe that the rest of the world wants them to stick thier noses in and "solve everyones problems". I'm not American and I can tell you that from everything I've read in anything that isn't American, the rest of the world wants America to stay out of it's affairs, not come in and try to solve everyone else's problems by Americas standards. That's generally when things get all mucked up.

Different cultures have different standards. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. But I don't presume that my beliefs are any more valid than anyone else's save for the most extreme conditions. (ie; genocide, and extreme cruelty).

America is a great nation. One of the worlds finest, no doubt. But Americans tend to have an attitude of absolute superiority (euclid?). No matter who you are, that is unjust. America is not far and away the greatest pinnacle of human achievement. America is an extraordinarily powerfull nation. But not the envy of the world, nor the head of the world.

I lived in America. 6 months as a preschooler in Louisiana. What I remember most is fireants, stink bugs, and the time my mom was in the grocery store and the manager made an elderly black woman get out of the way so white people, (my mom included), wouldn't be delayed any further. My mom sais he was quite rude and insulting about it, too. Granted that was about 27 years ago now, but it still makes me sick. I've never seen anything even remotely comparable to that in Canada. (ie; the only other place I've ever experienced).

I do love America. It's beautifull land, it's brilliant marketing (ie;Marlboro, Harley Davidson, McDonalds, Walmart, Coke, Pepsi.....). I love American TV, music and movies. I ,(as all Canadians were), was raised on it. I love Americans, on an indavidual basis. But I hate American politics, as a whole. Do you seriously believe that you're less brainwashed than anyone else? More if anything from an outward observers standpoint. You're not as free as you think you are. Nor as just. And this last decade, you've been in a steep downword spiral in my opinion. Anyways, be well and....peace.

-Static Sky

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Euclid, you're mistaken. You seem to have absolutely no understanding at all as why I hate the things I do about some of the people of The USA.

Your pro-American post is excessively arrogant...and to concur with some other people, arrogance is one of the qualities of many Americans that I hate.

Just thinking out loud here: This thread is about "hate". If a thread were posted asking people to state what they LOVE about America, I'd have a list at least as long as the list I posted of why I hate the USA.

[edit on 11/9/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Gee, here's a quick reply to the OP's question. I am sick of paying to make war on other countries who have not done anything to us. I would like my government to spend some of that money here at home on people I care about, say, my neighbors or the elderly.

I would like them to fix James St before I have to have dental work done because of the potholes. I would like them to dredge our little dingleberry of a lake and scoop the green slop off the top a couple of times a year. I would like them to repaint one of the water towers and I think they should add an internal affairs cop over at the county building because there isn't one honest badge in this town.

Gee, I guess I got carried away, and I've only just gotten started.

Obsrvr

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

I've spoken to MANY Europeans who think that all Americans are gun toting war lovers who sit on their butts rich in Texas gold.

you must be speaking to another europe to me, maybe its just the people we are talking to ?

america has just as many stereotypes of the rest of the world as the rest of the world do about america

its all crap, as long as you feel the need to be loved by everyone your always gonna be upset when you find out that not everyone likes you

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't think most ppl hate Americans just mostly there government. Your government has run your country into the ground by walking into other countrys for no good reason. They lie to the world and there own ppl using the news. They only teach history about America, Canada teaches American & Canadian history and more. Hmm what else well mainly for me why i hate the United States of America is mostly the wars they have started in the past 7 years more like bullying small poor countrys around just to get there hands durty of oil but hey why would ppl hate America???
thats why theres no jobs there and your country has Crashed & Burned and i think the rest of the world can do with out the United States of America. You can't do 1 good thing and 100 bad things the bad out numbers the good buddy and thats why i hate, hate, and really hate America and Bush is my number one American i hate most. hope he die's very soon.

Sincerly

Darrel Gibson

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
Gee, here's a quick reply to the OP's question. I am sick of paying to make war on other countries who have not done anything to us. I would like my government to spend some of that money here at home on people I care about, say, my neighbors or the elderly.Gee, I guess I got carried away, and I've only just gotten started.
Obsrvr

Well put, my friend. The American government would do a great service for it's people if it followed your advice on this one. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

I've read a lot of the posts to those who replied and expressed why they hate america. And this post is directed at them:

All you who hate the USA can just go choke yourselves. The reason you all hate the USA is because we are the pinnacle of the current civilization on this planet. We are the top of the food chain in regards to geo-politics, geo-economics, private research & development, business enterprise and military might. Any person or organization that rises to the top is always attacked from all sides. Look at one of the USA's most successful company's - Microsoft. The largest and most profitable corporation in the world, the creator of the most utilized operating system for personal computers on the planet. And then there is Intel, AMD, Apple, McDonalds, Boeing, Lockheed, DARPA. We come up with the best gizmos because the USA generates the best and attracts the best. And we're charitable too. The USA provides billions of dollars per year to developing nations and millions of tons of food, technology support, military support, disaster relief all around the planet.

And this is the thanks we get. Knotheads who hate us. You all hate the USA because we strive to be the best, because we are the best and we produce the best and because the best from other countries come here to be the best because they are stifled by the constraints of the homeland governments. You're all jealous and sore losers.

Well I hate you. And know this; if the USA is attacked we will retaliate, no matter who is in office; and then the end of your world will be on you. If we are taken down then we will take all of you, who hate the USA, with us. Nothing can save you from a united people. We will put aside our differences (temporarily) if attacked and destroy any nation that even looks like it was involved.

-Euclid

Can you say ..... "BRAIN WASHED?"

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dave

LOL, sorry man - "the" accent? Do you know that the country of the US is so large, we have like a ton of different accents? New Yorkers, Southerners, Yuppies, Yankees, Creole, Spanish? Come on now - there is no "the" accent.

As for our sense of self-importance. I would be one to heartily disagree with that statement. The US sends tons of aid to other countries around the world, money, food, clothes, etc. Not to mention the government sending our asses (the military) to wherever they deem necessary all the time. I may not agree with the whole "world police" idea, but I surely don't think we're full of ourselves.

I can't wait to see what will happen if McCain gets into office and pulls the billions of dollars of aid to countries who don't like America like he said he would. That should be amusing to watch on tv.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

I'm not surprised that you would find it arrogant being from Australia - home of the recently disarmed. Many people who speak truth are considered arrogant. Everything I said is fact not opinion. Truth hurts and if I'm arrogant I would rather be it then disarmed and a citizen of any other country.

And just for the books I have traveled all over the planet. I've only not been to Asia, PacRim, south America. Every country I've visited I've compared with the USA. We rock compared to ALL other countries. We have the best and biggest of everything.

-Euclid

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join