It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

kettlebellysmith--

I'm an American.

I don't live in Australia, I live in New Zealand. I moved here from America in the 90's after spending decades there.

The subject of this thread has something to do with why those who hate America hate America.

Regardless of whether or not ATSers watch Fox News, there are enough Americans to make the Fox News Network profitable.

Please don't ever tell me what to do again--thanks!

F

Edit to add: One more thing I forgot: Orange cheddar cheese. I hate the fact that American cheese makers add orange food colouring to their cheddar cheese.

[edit on 11/9/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well,

From a spanish persons point of view...we dont really hate americans, we just think they are too run by the goverments and not independant enough. It seems to me that majority of the Americans are followers not leaders and in my opinion they should travel more. I think they often forget about other countries and so on and think that America is the all ..the everything. But in fact its not like that. We from europe are much more open minded and not so judgemental, mayeb we have been lucky as europe is so close and each country has its own culture therefore giving us chance to explore. but the amount of people that think americans are ignorant is staggering. I am jsut talking from what the rest of the europeans say. But hey we dont hate you we just think you should maybe explore a bit, yes you were born in the states, but it is a big world , why not experience it...we have hot woman too you know !!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Transfer all of America's power, wealth, influence, dominating culture into another country and everyone will hate that country too.

The U.S. is just another huge power in the long line of empires throughout history. Once the next great power gets to the leader position, everyone will be complaining once again, so long as that great power lets them. Look at China, they are starting to get some of that flak now while the British who long ago conquered a chunk of the planet is almost never complained about among the international interweb population.

And don't think that American citizens were the first only to be manipulated by their government. This has happened since cavemen formed tribes. This happens in every country. The only difference is that everyone on the planet is effected by U.S. politics.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
before i came to america, i thought it's "an amercican dream", been in america for over 10 years and i hate it. in school i get bully by black people (i thought about hating all black people) but realize from what i read and find, it's not you black peoples that i should hate but all americans that were born here. i can guarantee that though you born nice,smart,evolve immune system,pure,like all other kids who were born, children that can be a simple meaning of life, but dumb down with first taste of tapwater, then vaccines(if it won't kill you), breathing poison in air, dangerous rain water, then grown up with low IQ that make you conform to this soon to be "New World Order" society. in fact if the so call globalist is on this planet then why not create the black hole to suck up the globalist along with the innocent american morons. the people of earth have really failed to take care of your planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There is a very common misconception that those who complain about the GOVERNMENT are complaining about AMERICA. This is completely untrue.

What most of us don't like is the way America is being ran by our government. That's it, that's all. It's these people that I don't like, it has nothing to do with America. I love my country SO MUCH that I don't want to see it fall into the hands of these people who would love nothing more than to manipulate the system and trash the constitution for more money and power.

We are the best country in the world but if everybody just sits back and lets the government do whatever they want it won't be. I'm not saying we'll all be living in shacks and eating out of the trash cans and there will be a murder occurring on every corner. We will still look good but what is having a nice house, a nice yard, and food on your table if you don't have your freedom?

ALL OF YOUR FREEDOM!

It's like telling the wife of rich husband to stop complaining that he beats her because at least she still has nice clothes, a nice house, and a staff to clean the house for her.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And like someone said earlier on inthe thread, for the americans to vote someone like George Bush into power twice , i guess it shows thier mentality...the europeans laugh at them for that!!! which i think is very funny...so yes i also hate those that voted for that D**K twice, and its a pity , the poor had to pay ...AGAIN

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It really can be summed up in one word....

envy, people tend to hate what they cant have.

Not to many posts here condeming the south america/africa genocide..

No one ever talks about how in a slave era africans sold their own to us..only that americans had slaves...

Or that we took the land from the indians....thats how it works..their isnt a border in the world that hasnt been established from a conflict of some sort.

No america is a scape goat of this era, no matter what we do the envy and have nots will always spew their puke...

Its a no win battle..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by scrambledeggs
what happened to believeing in something greater than yourself?
or do americans only believe in the greatness of themselves????

I'm bothered by the skyrocketing poverty, job loss, divorce rate, and the fact the most people barely keep in touch with their own family. It seems that people are indeed all about themselves and are willing to step on anyone around them to get ahead.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Look at China, they are starting to get some of that flak now while the British who long ago conquered a chunk of the planet is almost never complained about among the international interweb population.

]

Exactly, and it's not CHINA that people don't like it's the GOVERNMENT. The country is beautiful and it's people deserve much better than what they are getting.

See, when we complain about Korea or Iran it's is just unspoken that we are talking about the leaders and we all accept that. We want the people to have better than that.

So why is it that when us here in America complain about the way things are going we are accused of hating America itself.

Same thing with other people in other countries. When they complain about America I am fully aware that they are not complaining about it's people as a whole or America itself. They are complaining about our government.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

Off topic, but i havn't seen you around before! HI

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think you can answer your own question yourself! As this is obviously one of the typical flag waving posts which Americans add on anniversaries like today.

I don’t like American foreign policy, I don’t like the way its government are whores to big business, I don’t like the way America is self centred in its view of the world, the way its media brainwashes us all to think the bottom line is all that counts and greed is good because its not.

We are no better, but we don’t fly a flag and pretend we are not.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i live in america. i am not a religious overzealous christian maniac bent on destroying the muslim world. i am not a strong arm major corporation, i am not a driver of an suv, i do not think this is the best country in the world. i hate what our government does, and to the guy earlier who said that it might be our leaders faults but stoill our faults for buying into it---no...not quite. whenever we as americans try to stand up and say anything we will get tazed with a tazer, or shot with some tear gas, rounded up like dogs and herded into paddy wagons and taken to fenced in camps.

im an environmentaist. i work for organic rights, and to stop global warming, and in my own country i am considered a " eco terrorist " for the things i support. to the corporations i am an " enemy " -this is a shame, but to the government a lot of american citizens who would try to stand up against this are enemies too.

so to suggest that americas citizens, the waitresses and teachers and school bus drivers and store clerks and such, regular people, have anything they can do is absurd. we vote but the candidates are the same thing basically. and either that or the votes are fixed. if other countries expect your average american to do something about it, then you would expect your average american to get tazed and tear gassed and thrown in jail with a felony and called an obstructer of democracy or some garbage.

if whole other continents and nations are being steamrolled over by americas leaders and corporations and cant do anything about it, with all their militaries and leaders and such then how can store clerks and truck drivers and hair dressers do anything about it?

a lot of americans are stupid. they parrot fox news they are blindly patriotic and i hate that very much. but a lot of other americans are good, discerning people who are losing their freedoms and being bossed around against their will just like other countries are feeling threatened by america. if your countries cant stop it how can insurance salesmen and grocery baggers stop it> ??

many americans disagree with what has been done to this country by its hijackers. cheney is in office just to funnel money to halliburden. were we able to stop that? no. voting got us nowhere. its regrettable that i do not live in switzerland. but i love my neighbors and i love my friends and i love the good americans.

many americans lie awake in bed at night afraid of the day that is coming when we are rfid chipped and sent to a rex 84 camp for reeducation or plain old imprisonment. what can we do> ?

when people came to protest the RNC convention in st paul, even journalists rights were violated as they were beaten and maced and tazed and jailed with felony charges, violations of their rights...all they wanted to do was use their free speech. anyone walking in st paul at that time could have been arrested. essentially the republicans owned our city and threw whoever they wanted in jail and abused us and took away our rights?

why? because they know many people want to do something about it, and make a change and they worried that their would be an uprising and riots as american citizens TRIED to do something about it.

it is very scary to be here. so what do you smart people who feel like this is the citizens fault for " buying it " suggest i do? get hurt? should i die for my beliefs like a dog in the street? how do we go up against the soldiers who are our very own brothers? how do we fight against the guns that we paid for, how do we speak when we are beaten with clubs and smashed in the face and jailed anyways for speaking? because if you honestly have the answers to what we good hearted caring citizens can do to go up against the rich monsters robbing us and lying to us and beating us with clubs for speaking up, then please tell me and i will fix our country so the whole world can feel safe again.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm american and I love my life. I Love that I dont have to worry about food i have to worry about what kind of car i will get next, because in america, I had the opportunity to go to college and FREE schools. I have learned a dark hate for any country that is not american, I dont know where but like the one who mentioned the dislike light when he hears american, well when somone says russian or muslim or where ever you are from...my dislike light goes on. So we all have been taught to hate on another so I will go about my policies and ways and you will go about yours and the world will go on. I've been to London...and let me tell you that city was dirty as in trash etc. so dont say our quality of life is the worst. And for all of the countries that hate us..when your time comes, I will feel sorry for the nukes and bombs raining down on you, because its survival of the fittest.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'd repeat what has already been said. I think it's safe to say most of us are the real patriots, shocked that this country could be full of so many traitors and vulnerable to so many obvious lies. Not just traitors to their country (state) but to humanity itself. Traitors to the future of their families, their neighbors and friends. I can only hope that the USA is still a sleeping giant that will rise up when it become clearer to more people what has happened and what is going on.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUMDUMONKEY
And like someone said earlier on inthe thread, for the americans to vote someone like George Bush into power twice , i guess it shows thier mentality...the europeans laugh at them for that!!!

please note that BOTH times, the election had to be investigated, and both were the first digital touchscreen votes as well. These two issues have been debated over and over. I still don't think anyone ever voted Bush in, first or second time.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Funny thing is the American people have got noone to blame but themselves for the country going tits up!!!!The people really liked burgers so the industry grew, they needed more shops more clothing stores as the jobs increased, they needed more people to fill positions , they wanted better cars, more money, easier lives when there wasnt enough of something they complained "its the goverments fault" and then things start to get mass produced , people get fat , lazy less jobs because of immigrationn etc.....and so on, its the goverments fault again. Basically its turned out like this because you all wanted it, and now you blame the goverment. If in the beggining you took control and handled things in a democratic way maybe this wouldnt have happened, if you showed the goverment that you wanted the power divided, you know what i mean. But on it went and they kept on eating mc donalds and wanting to rule an already conquered world ...mmmmmmm what a easy life

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

Sound like a typical goverment responce. Could it not be that they where brainwashed with the hundreds of commercials, on MC.EVIL'S(real name mcdonalds) during advertiseing, tv programmes, magazines, videogames, big billboards, and crap.

I think that people have been slowley conditioned, to accecpt that it is normal to spend ecessivly, and have 3 meals out a week. while paying the goverment mill... I could go on but i think you get my drift.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

These are the sort of posts that annoy me with some Americans, it's very ignorant and it just sweeps any criticism of the country under the carpet. If people were envous over America's so called "Greatness" then why are people not angry and jealous of places like Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Netherlands, Iceland who have a "Higher quality of life" than the U.S.

I don't hate a population of people thats just stupid, but I do hate ignorance and a hell of alot of average Americans just don't have a clue about the world. Hell people were shocked when they heard a English accent when I visited there and was asked if I was Australian about 10 times, I just joked and went "no im from Belgium" and people honestly thought I spoke Flemish. Foreign policy is the biggest issue I have with the U.S but I can't talk as my goverment the UK are just as bad.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by estar]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

i am an american.

i love america.

You mean USA.

i am starting this thread to see why most, but not all, people on this site have an aggression, that can be labled as hate, towards america.

Ok, prepare to be amazed.

does america not have the highest quality of life in the world?

Nope. It's high, but not the highest.

do those of you on this site who bash america not shop at any of americas convienent stores to support your life here?

Personally I live a totally american life. I eat burgers, watch the NBA, playing computer games, visiting the mall, stuffing my fridge with lots of food, driving a big SUV.
But, boy, USA has done horrendous things.

what is so bad about this country that you have to bash it time and time again?

1) supported dictators (Chile, Pakistan, Greece).
2) steals land and culture from countries (Kossovo from Serbia, Macedonia from Greece).
3) applies double standards. Cyprus has been invaded and occupied by Turkey, but the USA is not interested. But USA is interested in Georgia.
4) CIA sold drugs to fund illegal wars.
5) started or participated in all major wars in the last 50 centuries.
6) it's the only country that used nuclear weapons.
7) Guantanamo.
8) Disregard for international laws. USA does not recognize the international court.
9) a high dosh of amoralism comes from USA. Extreme capitalism creates poor people. Money is God, thanks to USA.

The list is actually very big. I am just tired now, perhaps tomorrow I can fill it with more facts.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
americans are kinda arrogant, self-centered, the majority don't know or care about the rest of the world.

thats the truth.

If the government was perfect it would still be despised. It will never stop being hated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join