It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

Isn't this thread over yet?It went from a Canadian named Bud84 (named after weed and his IQ number) bringing up a point about the incredibly low IQ's of Americans and how dumb we are,then defending his view in the most preposterous way I've ever seen on ATS. (In his defense,I believe him now to have been either a child or challenged in some way.However at the time I did not realise that ) then The Hunted, some guy that claims to have served this country feels the need to both defend him and openly dismiss me at the same time,even though I was one of the few people posting that was actually sticking up for America while Bud84 bashed it.I believe you stated that you wished people with low IQ's like me would shut up and not make the rest of the country look bad.Well it seems the America hating is finally dying down i guess peoples fingers started to hurt after all these months.Well then I guess I'll say good day to this thread and to everyone farewell.Except you Bud84,no good day to you sir. PEACE. (of course I might be back) By the way,you Bush hate'n Americans must be happy,the mesiah is here, I'm sure he'll follow through with all of his miracles.Paradise is just around the corner! God help us all.
Oh and thanks TheHunted for your kind words I believe you told Bud84 something to the effect that you wished people with low IQ's like me would shut up and not make the rest of the country look bad.just a few posts after Bud84 called you a hmm lets see,"lay off me solier boy" and what was the other one oh yeah, "you americans forget how stupid all of you are" that was it. Thats what I get for sticking up for Americans from a supposed ex military man eh?What a patriot you are.
P.S any mod's that are debating whether or not this is an acceptable post are respectfully asked to go back to any of about 90% of Bud84's posts.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Perhaps these people who hate America have not enjoyed the fruits of both intellect or basic, honest labor. In the United States, as far I know, its still the only nation on Earth were you can start out as a ditch digger, and end up with more money then God.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What I didn't like with USA is they have technically run the world and the way they run their things haven't been the best.

And the world deserves nothing but the best but their overwhelming influence have overshadowed many brilliant ideas that have come from other parts of the world. So the world have been suffering or put this in another way, the world is missing so many things because of American influence which is far from the best or optimal, and generally materialistic, and self-serving/self-centered.

I've lived in the USA for six months, It's great fun while there, but they're only one country, a small fraction of the world's population. For more people, the reality is much much different. American is not the only race in this world, we got others too, full humans who hurts, feels, loves, desires in no less degree than Americans. Sometimes we laugh at people in their pathetic situation but imagine, it could happen to you too.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

um i would never laugh at someone because of there situation so its probably best if you speak for yourself on that one.As far as america being self serving,can you please name me a country that doesnt put itself before others?You can't.And thats the way it should be.And as far as technology goes,no one comes close to the united states,not in miltary technology,(in that one we are decades ahead of even our closest rival china)computer technology(please),even BMW's are built here,by americans.Maybe we SHOULD have less influence in the world and back away since in your opinion we are IN the way.Next time an innocent country gets attacked,thats exactly what we should do,until you come begging us for help,then our interference is welcome.Isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The main problem with America is that we rose to power during the information age. We don't do anything different then any other country, and we act just like every other super power in history. People are just more aware of it now cause we got the interweb and all.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JonathanNicholas

"Maybe we SHOULD have less influence in the world and back away since in your opinion we are IN the way.Next time an innocent country gets attacked,thats exactly what we should do,until you come begging us for help,then our interference is welcome.Isn't it? "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly. You should stay home! America should spend sometime on the sidelines and stop getting itself involved in other countries problems. I love America, I holiday in New York and Vegas every year, but as a country you just cannot help yourselves. . . You're like the nosy neighbour twitching the curtains to see what's going on for fear of being left out of a major conflict. If the war goes well there's ample supply of American's to chant U.S.A while waving the Red, White and Blue, but if it goes wrong (and it usually does) those same people are asking for the Presidents head on a skewer.
I, as a Brit, would be quite happy for America to close shop and stay at home. For one thing, it would mean that we could do the same as the only wars we have found ourselves involved in in recent years have been as America's closest ally. America, for it's part, thanks us by killing our troops and blowing up our tanks in so-called friendly fire incidents.
I hope Obama see's sense and brings home your soldiers. Enough have died, and for what?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

As an American, I spent many years living, not visiting, living overseas. There are reasons why many people die trying to get here. It would take me to long a post to go in to all the reasons why I love my country. Over all I think there is more opportunity potential in the U.S. for individuals then any where else. Of course the U.S. has it's problems, to say the least. In addition every one hates the most powerfull nation, it goes with the job. I should point out our main "power" is in the consumer culture that has captured the world. Love it or hate it, you have to deal with it, where ever you are, (except in places like North Korea). It's not based on conquest. I will leave the issue of economic equity, as in what you have, for later. And no, it's not spread around equally.

On the other hand, when Ike gave his speach as he left office warning us of the threat of the "military industrial complex", well lets just say he's now most likely spinning in his grave... ( Did ANYONE listen, as oppose to just hear it?). The true, world wide reach of it, which includes overseas corporations in cahoots with their governments, ours; would boggle the mind.

In the end the choices, for a large part, made by what ever administration is in power dictates what visible policies the U.S. pursues at any moment. Keep in mind the administration or any party does not control the M.I.C, they can't. Its far too invasive and permeates the very core of society. Of course they go along with it because its in their interest to. This group does not come and go every four years. The statement that even the President can't know everything is obvious given the amount of information. But it's also true even if he wants to know. One reason is based on a "national protective directive", knowing that type of military or other information could do major major damage to the U.S. if revealed to an enemy. Some of this info would be revealed to a President if he has to know.

Reasons include the fact some Presidents can be a little loose with some sensitive information, or he's kidnapped. Yeah, I know it's unlikely but we have to take that in to account. The other reason is he is just not given certain information for whatever nebulas reason. Its well known Presidents have requested info in some areas over the years and they just diden't get it. It been rumored some Presidents have been more aware of the UFO situation then others, and it's not been by choice on their part.

It's frustrate's me when a President has data provided and they don't even LISTEN. Why let the facts get in the way of ideology. This has understandably often led to tragic results in a few areas. (can you say Iraq?) I was an analyst who had access at a very high level for a while. After two years of hearing, "your wasting my time" from my boss, I got the hint.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

"Reasons include the fact some Presidents can be a little loose with some sensitive information, or he's kidnapped. Yeah, I know it's unlikely but we have to take that in to account. The other reason is he is just not given certain information for whatever nebulas reason. Its well known Presidents have requested info in some areas over the years and they just diden't get it. It been rumored some Presidents have been more aware of the UFO situation then others, and it's not been by choice on their part. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no way those in the know would ever share sensitive information concerning UFOs with the President. It simply wouldn't happen because, believe it or not, his security clearance wouldn't be high enough! There's also the fact that if one of those UFOs did crash in a populated area and the truth did come out the President would have plausible deniability.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think there are many reasons why people feel the way they do I for one being an American tried to address this in one of my posts here
America What happened?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A more appropriate title for the thread:

Why don't you all help me get points...the thread

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
A more appropriate title for the thread:

Why don't you all help me get points...the thread

And how exactly did these come about?
ATS Points: 347413
Cant be from one liners and what does this have to do with the OP?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, for starters the US government has a very powerful desire to rule the world and all of humanity, it's also the most corrupt government in the entire world.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
People just stereotype Americans here in the UK as fat slobs who do nothing with their lives!

However i do not sterotype as i break every stereotype in the book!

I don't hate Americans just a select few people who think they are better than everyone else!

I hate it how Americans stereotype britain by drinking tea and having posh accents! (Yes we love tea, but who doesnt!!)

Take care

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
And how exactly did these come about?
ATS Points: 347413

Over 100 applauses by the mods, my interview with George Galloway back in 2005, 1,000 flags and generally contributing to ATS in the last five years. That's how.

As for my remark: this sort of thread has been created countless times on ATS - mainly to cause drama or accumulate points. Search ATS history, this isn't the first new member to ask "why do you hate America?"

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Might I add:

The OP responded twice in this thread and is now banned. A very brief life at ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Might I add:

The OP responded twice in this thread and is now banned. A very brief life at ATS.

What wa he banned for? (Sorry for the one liner. . . )

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The real question shouldn't be why does one country hate the other, it should be why don't we all hate ourselves as a species. WE AS HUMANS, no matter our race, religion, or nationality, ARE THE PROBLEM! All of us as mankind need to change, there is no one country to blame! We all contribute to the many problems we face today, and will in the future, unless we make things right soon! I respect ALL countries and their people. If only everyone felt this way...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by theotheramerican]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
as a new member of atl this was one of the threads that really got my attention. while i did not read all of the replies i looked at enough to see where this was going. my feeling is those of you who dislike america can work to change what you don't like. if that doesn't work for you, leave go somewhere you will be treated better.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theotheramerican

Well, I believe if everyone of us were mixed with every race in this world, people would still find a reason to hate each other. The race card in my eyes, is used as nothing more than a rock to throw at someone they can`t agree with when they have run out of the normal ammunition. Hate, will always be here, as long as the ego rules.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
lets go cubbies!!! lets go cubbies!!! go cubs go, go cubs go! hey chicago what do ya say the cubs are gonna win today!!!! can't we all just get along??!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join