It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Do people hate americans ?, some would definetely have cause to .. me, i don't hate them, I pity them mostly . You look at them , and on the surface .. there is plenty of scope for a non american to not particularly like them . But how did they get that way ? .. you can't be that unpleasant just by the virtue of your birthplace.. so other issues must come into play , social engineering, group/mass psychology issues and pressures ..and who put those institutions into place that perpetrated those ideologies that made so many americans such international pariahs ? They are the ones that need to be hated , not their victims . For the american people.. we can only hope some day they will be free of these influences , some are .. but while these efforts of indoctrination conspire to instill in americans a world view of enemies in so many foreign nations , that viewpont is going to get reciprocated back towards them, and not many are going to look at the influences that (mis)guided the errant americans the same way I do.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why would people hate Americans in general??
Their overwhelming patriotism for their own country?
Lots of Americans can't even afford a vacation overseas to meet you!

Why do I hate Japan or Norway????

I don't, but, you can see how silly it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Why would people hate Americans in general??
Their overwhelming patriotism for their own country?
Lots of Americans can't even afford a vacation overseas to meet you!

Why do I hate Japan or Norway????

I don't, but, you can see how silly it is.

People dislike us because they believe we are a Bush backing destruction loving nation. Their are videos full of lies to get the world to dislike. Many probably financed by our own government just to keep us in war. Makes sense to me...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Heres an example of why I understand others may dislike America. I believe it more of a misunderstanding. Sorta like the misundersandings you read on ATS all the time.

I'm just as guilty as those you dislike us. I blamed Mexico and China for our job loss. I hated them all for taking away our work. Once I matured I realized its not the people that did this to us. It was the two governments that allowed it.

I just misunderstood how the game is played. I think its the same in this case...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Surely you are confusing the standard of living of the U.S. with Switerzerland or Sweden or Holland or many many other places...that don't seem to have the depth of problems the U.S. has...nor the poverty...

From the true north strong *and as yet* free.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Now thats what I call a REAL american . By god sir ,you would have my vote if the elections were not rigged .
You and the hunted are an inspiration to those of us who left the US in despair . You Humour and insight are what america needs if she is to get beyond Mcbushobamapalin speak . I salute you both .

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
Heres an example of why I understand others may dislike America. I believe it more of a misunderstanding. Sorta like the misundersandings you read on ATS all the time.

I'm just as guilty as those you dislike us. I blamed Mexico and China for our job loss. I hated them all for taking away our work. Once I matured I realized its not the people that did this to us. It was the two governments that allowed it.

I just misunderstood how the game is played. I think its the same in this case...

you know , its not that the world hates america so much as it despairs of what has happened to it thanks to all those in bred ivy league bastards who stole your constitution from under your noses .

It takes a man to admit he was wrong . Your country needs more people like you to just see things as they are .

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

The world may not all Hate America - but America has given a good third of the Earth's population a very good reason to to do.

America bombs countries. They kill whoever they want.

Look at Pakistan with it's 1.3 Billion People, a country which America is conducting a border war. The US assassinates people in Pakistan.

America Rapes children in front of their parents and uses genitl mutilation to compel them to talk. America Tortures children in front of their parents in order to get information vital to "Winning the War on Terror" - what could be more terrifying than such an act.

Google: John Yoo Torture memo. Don't believe me.

I hate America.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrambledeggs

i am an american.
i love america.

hi scrambledeggs, I m german citizen and I like germany, but I dont love it they way you do love your country. I dont think Germany is the cream of the world and authorised to behave like the center of it. Even it has got many good things about it. If I would do so, you would call me a Nazilady I guess .

does america not have the highest quality of life in the world?

That depends on what you fix highest qualitiy of life. If you fix it by the size of the plates in the restaurants, or size of the pool, maby. But I dont think a place where BlowJobs and being gay is illegal is a good place to stay.

I lived in different Countries and I got to say, that Japan and Germany where in safty and social aspects the ones with the highest quality, imho. Here in Germany for example , we have "still" got a very good social system. For example, the health ensurance is duty, and if you do loose your job, you ll get governmental benefits. The system is even so good, that unemployed people cant be botherd to find a new job.

do those of you on this site who bash america not shop at any of americas convienent stores to support your life here?

I dont shop in there or eat Mc Donalds or BurgerKing. Not because of its amerikan, no because its unhealty stuff. I prefer the products of my region, which is more ecological to me.

what is so bad about this country that you have to bash it time and time again?

Not about the country itselfs but about the people ruling it, and its citizens who are supporting them.. To me it seems like they have been taken under drugs to keep them away of the truth.

Let this be a thread where you can get your america bashing all said and done.... where you can voice your hatred for a country that has done so much for the world in so many different ways.

Jesus suffering..."done so much for the world" ...
that is exactly what i dont like about it. It sounds like my mother.........What much did you do so far for the world??

I could ask the same, why does all the world hate germans, where we did so much for the world in so many different ways. Do you know what it feels like beeing a german??
To hear all the time ah you are a Nazi, Hitler...etc...even you dont were involved?

The best thing you americans can do for the world, is to awake, get rid of your rulers and manipulators, and stopp taking yourself to important.

At the end of the day there is no differenz if you are american or german or an alien....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am sorry but I thought we lived in a world that allowed freedom of speech? Do we not?

Depends on what planet you live on.Here on Earth the answer is no.we do not.You seem to forget that just because the country you hail from allows freedom of speech,in much of the world it gets restricted in some form.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Buds84

Yeah you the guy who named himself after marijuana followed by his IQ,could you name one thing Canada does for the rest of the world.And also one example of how intelligent Canadians are?Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

"Most of you Americans outside the conspiracy scene still think Bin Ladin bombed on 9/11. Over here the kids in grade 3 know what Bush & friends are up to."

hahaha,thanks for defeating your own argument Buds84,maybe you should lay off the wacky tobacky.Guess none of you learned anything since 3rd grade.Aw man that was hilarious thanks for the laugh too Bud.Too bad you weren't joking.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dave
Because America appears as a country full of its own self importance, like they're the only country that matters sorta thing.

Here is the deal in that:

1) The rest of the world forgets that each state is the size of most world countries.
In saying that, you now realize that America is pretty much isolated from the rest of the world...

Think about it, you have 50 states (country size) that is already what the E.U. would like to be. They have been united by tongue for ages...thought about life is taught the same - or rather the milieu, though diverse, is more united than countries in Europe.

So this is a major part...it would help us to remember that and then we can be less harsh on the Americans and understand why they may seem like they 'know it all'...they lack experience from the rest of the world...something to challenge them directly.

2) In saying all of that, it would help the american to realize that there is more to the world than just the U.S. (not saying that they dont), but Im pretty sure they dont realize how different things can be...and despite someone learning your language, how different a perception on life someone can have, that miscommunication can happen even when speaking the same language. (it happens even amongst those with a native tongue, how much more so in this scenario presented.)

Its about Love...acceptance...which will open us up to see things beyond that which we have already experienced and think we know.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
reply to post by Lebowski achiever
[more

How much people have died in the past 18 years?
How much people were born in 18 years?
How much people got an education in 18 years?
[/quote

It's how "many" not how "much" Mr. high IQ

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JonathanNicholas

One last thing and I believe this proves a point and ends the argument.Since this thread began all we have seen is one person after another either criticize tear down and just plain bitch about the US.It wasn't just from people around the world it was right here as well.All the while a decent few Americans stuck up for their country.This was not a bad idea this was a good one.Hopefully it opened some eyes on how unfairly the U.S is viewed,but one thing it definately did was prove a point.Of all the negative things that have been said about the U.S not a single American had ANYTHING bad to say about other countries,not even our enemies.Say whatever you want about America you cant argue with that fact and to me that proves it's the OTHER countries that have problems with us not the other way around.And saying something in DEFENSE of this country is not the same thing as what all of you have been doing.(i.e people should choke)This country is awesome and I'm proud to be a citizen.It is one thing to set high standards even impossible ones for yourself and your country.It is quite another to attack just because those standards have yet to be reached.USA constantly strives to better itself,sometimes it hits a few snags and sometimes it just plain stops for a while.So we have to be aware always and make sure we dont go down the wrong path.Dissent is cool but outright hatred and conspiracies about our government destroyed the Twin Towers is just ignorant sorry.We don't feel that way about you,and I am critical of my government but i do not feel it is evil.We need a third party thats all.God Bless everybody not just the USA.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by reconpilot
It takes a man to admit he was wrong . Your country needs more people like you to just see things as they are .

Thanks recon, I just look at things for what they truly are. You know the saying about the duck? Well I have one about our government. "If it looks like a bomb, sounds like a bomb, and causes destruction like a bomb, it must be the U.S".

What people don't realize is that they are not only attacking other nations but also their own people. I'm just trying to spread the word to anyone that will listen no matter how unpatriotic or anti-American I may sound. I'm truly not either of those, just want whats best for the people of the U.S and the world....

[edit on 18-9-2008 by TheHunted]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
reply to post by buds84

Buds84

Yeah you the guy who named himself after marijuana followed by his IQ,could you name one thing Canada does for the rest of the world.And also one example of how intelligent Canadians are?Thanks.

Gee, I duno maybe helping save the black slaves flee you ignorant Americans for one.
Also us Canadians don't start wars like you do.

Can you name one thing America has done for the rest of the world besides war and corruption? You can't because you haven't done anything good at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
reply to post by buds84

"Most of you Americans outside the conspiracy scene still think Bin Ladin bombed on 9/11. Over here the kids in grade 3 know what Bush & friends are up to."

hahaha,thanks for defeating your own argument Buds84,maybe you should lay off the wacky tobacky.Guess none of you learned anything since 3rd grade.Aw man that was hilarious thanks for the laugh too Bud.Too bad you weren't joking.

Here I further prove the IQ of Americans.
This comment you attempted to make here makes no sense at all.

Also since you seem to think someone that smokes weed is automatically dumb you should probably educate yourself on it instead of just listening to what mommy told you about weed.

video.google.com...

Lay off the dumb.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Here I further prove the IQ of Americans.
This comment you attempted to make here makes no sense at all.

Also since you seem to think someone that smokes weed is automatically dumb you should probably educate yourself on it instead of just listening to what mommy told you about weed.

video.google.com...

Lay off the dumb.

Ha too funny. When I read his comments I knew you would attack our IQ. But I don't take it personal, just wish the ones with his IQ would shut up and stop making us look so bad.

Mary Jane does wonders for medical condition.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just want to say sorry for insulting some Americans IQ, I very well know there are good, smart, non ignorant Americans there making life better for everyone.

But of course I have point out the ignorance of some.

Almost every American that I have met visiting Toronto here has been a total ass.

A couple weeks ago I was at a club with some friends and some New Yorker was going around talking crap the whole time about Canada, or at least thats all I heard from him every time he passed by.

Well while he was close by me at some point in the night still talking crap, I said out loud to my friend "That guy must be from New York."

The American turns around and says to me "yeahh buddy, you wish you were from New York"
I just told him "No, I don't wish I got bombed on by my own president"
I expected more crap to fly out his mouth but he just turned around and proceeded to partially dance like a fool.

I have run into quite a lot of Americans visiting Toronto thinking there high and mighty and Canadians are some how lesser than them.

You guys have too bad apples ruining it for the rest of you.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by buds84]

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join