It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

If you think "most, but not all" people here are hostile to the USA, why the "ALL OF YOU" in the title, then?
And I don't think even "most" is true.

As to

does america not have the highest quality of life in the world?

Well, no.
Many countries around the world are reported to have better "quality of life".
The same goes for civil liberties.

But that's not even important. There is no generalised animosity towards the USA, unless one chooses to search and seek it - or CREATE the impression.

Generalisation is always a sign of close-mindedness and very little worldly experience.
I hope you remember that whenever anyone is bashing the USA in general (or ANY country in general). It's not the country's problem, it's the basher who has a problem.

P.S. Also, the term "America" covers A LOT of countries, you know?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by AdAstra]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't really hate America. And I certainly dont hate Americans but I do hate your government! If it means anything I hate mine as well. . .
I think the comedian, Lewis Black got it spot on when he said that Americans are the only people in the world who constantly tell the rest of the world that you're the greatest. Pretty obnoxious behaviour for a country thats made up of the dregs and strays and cast-outs of other countries.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have nothing against the American people and appreciate a lot of the stuff that has come out of America. The only thing that bothers me is that you've let Bush rule you for too long. I've always been indifferent to America's presidents but Bush is a f*cking nightmare. He's the one that has turned a lot of opinion against you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I do belive we have a troll,

/\ picture counts as second line,

[edit on 11-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I'm Canadian and I live in a border city, I've seen americans cross the border in to my city and ask why there's no snow.... IN JULY!!!!!
The kicker is where I live america is NORTH.
I've also lived in the states, not only are most of the ppl there rude, please and thank yous are what make me stand out as a Canadian when I cross the border. The schools suck too, their grade 5 is like our grade 3!
I could go on and on about the dumb-a$$ losers that come to Canada to drink on the weekends but the fact is they're not all bad, just confused I've met some very pleasant yanks in my day ( my brother married one ) though they take some getting used to. Politically they kinda suck and I think that's why they have such a bad rep with other countries.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

and i believe thats a one line post!!!! what kind of monster would do such a thing

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zombiegirl

Most places are like this, it's not america alone, In the UK there are Good guys and there are bad guys, just because you meet the bad ones, dont condemm the whole country.

I think this is a troll thread to stirr things up, and distract from matters in hand, dont lower yourselves.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I do not hate America, I hate what America has become which is a very long way from where she started.
I was raised to believe that America was a land of the free, a home of the brave and one day I woke up and realized that neither were true.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

Most places are like this, it's not america alone, In the UK there are Good guys and there are bad guys, just because you meet the bad ones, dont condemm the whole country.

I think this is a troll thread to stirr things up, and distract from matters in hand, dont lower yourselves.

Absolutely spot on! You cannot tar everyone with the same brush. I think my country, the UK, is just as much to blame for the current disasterous situation the world finds itself in.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

personally, i blame liverpool, if it hadn't been for liverpool we wouldn't have had the beatles, which would have meant we wouldn't have had john lennon, which would mean he never would have been shot which would have meant mark chatman never would have been mind controlled by the CIA which would have meant that carl rove wouldn't have had access to the mind controls of gwb which would have meant that in the last 8 years drug legalisation would have went ahead as planned in the US instead of this silly old war on terrorism which would have made it the holiday of choice for those in the know and the coolest place on earth.

the only solution is to nuke liverpool.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I hate what America has become. I don't think that the term "by the people, for the people" really applies to the US anymore.

It's more like every man for himself... and screw everyone else. You can't get ahead in this country without being in debt. It's all about self image and keepin' up with the Jones'. Sacrificing health and safety of it's citizens for the mighty dollar.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

personally, i blame liverpool, if it hadn't been for liverpool we wouldn't have had the beatles, which would have meant we wouldn't have had john lennon, which would mean he never would have been shot which would have meant mark chatman never would have been mind controlled by the CIA which would have meant that carl rove wouldn't have had access to the mind controls of gwb which would have meant that in the last 8 years drug legalisation would have went ahead as planned in the US instead of this silly old war on terrorism which would have made it the holiday of choice for those in the know and the coolest place on earth.

the only solution is to nuke liverpool.

That Mark Chatman (?) now he was a terrible guy! The rest of your post makes absolute sense. Just give me a day to pack and get the hell out of here before you start the countdown!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am Canadian. Raised near the USA border - Cambridge, Ontario. I am a resident, a guest, of the USA - Nothfork, Long Island, New York (my official, or fiscal residence).

I love the USA, almost as much as I love Canada.

Long Life And Prosperity To North America!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Scientist--yes, there truly is some wonderful scenery in the USA.

OP--to answer your question: I'm perturbed by the fact that Americans let/voted such a nimrod of a president into office _twice_. So, I loathe the Americans who did that.

Shortly before the USA invaded Iraq the second time around, I was discussing the issue with an American. He claimed "they [Muslims] hate us because we're Number One!"...oh really?

I dislike America because the ex-Airforce dorks who man the X-Ray machines at LAX have the wit and charm of garden slugs. And despite their wit and charm, last time I travelled back from their (after enduring their ridiculous faux security nonsense), I discovered that I brought my stainless-steel Leatherman tool on the airplane.

I dislike America because its football players wear pads and helmets.

I dislike America because its high schools make it seem like America won World War II.

Several years ago I went into a Starbucks coffee shop and ordered a "white coffee". The humourless, unhelpful response by the three employees ("I been workin' here three years and never heard of one of those!") adds to my loathing of Americans...There is a world out there, folks! It doesn't stop on your borders and shores!

I dislike America because its producers in its film industry are often gutless and dumb their movies down. And Their actors are overpaid. And their mainstream talk shows, like Dave Letterman's show, inevitably interviews ACTORS...not directors or writers or people who came up with the idea and story (apologies to Redford and Eastwood here), but just the "stars". I dislike America because of it's love of _actors_.

I dislike the Americans who spat the dummy when Janet Jackson's nipple became exposed at the Superbowl.

I dislike the Americans who drink Miller Genuine Draft or Budweiser because those are crap beers. In fact, it'd be illegal to brew Budweiser in Germany (brewed with only the choicest hops, barley and _rice_).

I dislike America because there's a huge music industry there (the country music industry) where people take _pride_ in being ignorant and uneducated (..."I like my soup from a can!/I'm a blue-collar man!").

I dislike Americans because enough of them watch Fox News to make Fox News profitable.

I dislike America because of its homeless-person problem.

I dislike America because tipping in restaurants is mandatory.

I dislike America because of 32oz Slurpees and other ridiculously over the top obesity-causing fast food practices.

I dislike the Americans who accuse Obama of being a communist.

I dislike the Americans who "cleverly" play on the names Obama/Osama.

I dislike Americans who use the word "liberal" as if being liberal is a _bad_ thing.

I dislike Americans who call themselves Christian when they're anything _but_ Christians.

F

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am sorry that you find Americans rude. But perhaps you didn't come far enough south. Here in Arkansas, we still say "please," "thank you," "Yes Sir," and "No Ma'am." We respect our elders, love our wives, and we try to be nice to strangers. Of course, when someone from New York, Boston, or one of those states comes here and attempts to take on our traditions and change them, we have a stock answer. "We don't give a damn how ya'll do it up north."
However, if you are a visitor from another country, we patiently explain our traditions and most of us will ask you about your country, and the way you do things.
I have had many friends from England and Germany, and have learned a great many things from them. I have had many encounters with people from Canada, and have found them to be wonderful people, once I get it through their heads that 1) I don't like hockey. 2)I don't want to like hockey. 3) I don't ice skate because it doesn't get that cold where I live, and there are no indoor rinks where I live, and 4) I don't WANT to learn to ice skate. lol

I hope your future encounters are better, but if their not, try visiting us in the south. We'll feed you good, and when you leave you'll hear us say "Ya'll come back now, you hear?"

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I can't say what I wanted to say because it has already been said here in previous posts and I just simply refuse to 'double-post'.

What I suggest is to think outside the box, open your mind so that you can freely think of what is around you. "See the light" sort of speak. Try not to be a narrow minded individual, and be sucked in the lies of governments.

To answer your question.....NO, we do not hate Americans or America....as someone else already mentioned, we don't like your Leaders' Decision making about the World in general.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

I am sorry that you find Americans rude. But perhaps you didn't come far enough south. Here in Arkansas, we still say "please," "thank you," "Yes Sir," and "No Ma'am." We respect our elders, love our wives, and we try to be nice to strangers. Of course, when someone from New York, Boston, or one of those states comes here and attempts to take on our traditions and change them, we have a stock answer. "We don't give a damn how ya'll do it up north."
However, if you are a visitor from another country, we patiently explain our traditions and most of us will ask you about your country, and the way you do things.
I have had many friends from England and Germany, and have learned a great many things from them. I have had many encounters with people from Canada, and have found them to be wonderful people, once I get it through their heads that 1) I don't like hockey. 2)I don't want to like hockey. 3) I don't ice skate because it doesn't get that cold where I live, and there are no indoor rinks where I live, and 4) I don't WANT to learn to ice skate. lol

I hope your future encounters are better, but if their not, try visiting us in the south. We'll feed you good, and when you leave you'll hear us say "Ya'll come back now, you hear?"

That was absolutely funny! lol

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrambledeggs
what is so bad about this country that you have to bash it time and time again?

I wouldnt have a clue? I have never lived there

Why is it that Americans (sorry not just americans) must bash China and Russia all the time?

Have you ever lived there?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Fuggle, you are making remarks based on what appears to me to based on a limited exposure to the USA. The American who told you that "Muslims hate us because we are number one," is not far from wrong. Numerous Muslim leaders have stated their hatred of America is based on our lifestyle. The fact that we can eat what we want, drink what we want, (Providing we work and make the money to be able to afford it) and we don't have to stop what we are doing an pray five times a day makes them hate us.
I agree with you about the beer. Give me Guiness or Foster's anytime.
Can you tell me why everyone on this thread seems to hate Fox News. I get my news from several sources. I find that CNN, NBC, and CBS slant their reporting to the left. Fox tends to slant toward the right, but they do seem to be "fair and balanced."
However, I am not going to try and refute every statement you make about why you hate America. I'm just going to make a simple suggestion. Keep you complaining little butt in Austrailia!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join