It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

People from a nation of 5 million, blasting a nation of 300 million for having problems with homelessness and poverty.

I meant to just critique the policy i think messed up the welfare system. This is not an attack on your nation, but an blast on rightwing polices.

I blast my own little country for the same things.

At the exact same time Bush was elected, we got a rightwing goverment overhere aswell and i hate them just as much.

We now doubled our rates with homelessness, we now have immigrants shooting eachother just because they live in differnent "hoods".

There's something about rightwing policies that divide people and splits the nation it looks like to me. I could be wrong.

If someone is attacking your country or the populace over it's goverment polices i wouldnt bother even take that serious. Because that's just mocking out of ignorance.

It's never easy electing with all this spin and media induced fear. I'm not here to judge anyone or say who's worse.

I think the reason there's alot of focus on America is that you're part of our community. We don't see any Russians or Chinese communicating with us, they seem out of touch to critisism. But you and i speak the same language.

I would no doubt choose America to live in if i had to choose from China, Russia and US.

I was just answering the thread topic. Feel free to make a topic on China or Russia and i'll critique them. Or make a thread about good things in America and i'll have alot to add there aswell.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by JustAThought]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

Sometimes folks from here take on the same personality as our government as if they have something to prove. Some comments I have read supports the name of this thread. I am a realist and hold this nation to a high standards which are obviously not being met. I always find it interesting how others outside this country views America. The name of this thread is "why do all of you hate America?" Yet people shift focus to other countries, which is a way IMO really does expose the arrogance of some of the American people.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am especially taken back by this aussie who just knows ALL Americans are uneducated, bottom feeding, armpit sniffing cretins and toe pickers.

Then doesn't understand why I say generalizations is not logical.

I guess it takes all kinds.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

And I am taken back by what can either be described as sheer blindness or complete deliberate ignorance. What part of THIS statement........

Look. I can see a lot of people are offended by what I have said. The simple fact is, however, that while I have met many Americans who are nice people and I have no particular problem with, I have also met and spoken to many many complete morons. People such as the genius who wrote this.....

All you who hate the USA can just go choke yourselves. The reason you all hate the USA is because we are the pinnacle of the current civilization on this planet. We are the top of the food chain in regards to geo-politics, geo-economics, private research & development, business enterprise and military might.

I cannot tell you how many things are wrong with that statement. I wouldn't know where to begin. And this is just one of many examples from this thread alone. As a non-American it's moronic, ignorant statements like this that anger and disgust me to my very core.

OR this statement.....

I do not hate all Americans, I hate the attitude and ignorance many of you have.

was so difficult to understand? Could you please point out where, in ANY of my posts, I proclaimed to

knows ALL Americans are uneducated, bottom feeding, armpit sniffing cretins and toe pickers.

You cannot and therefore are simply trying to cause trouble where no trouble is to be had. You simply do not like the fact that I have said what I have said because it goes against your blind patriotism, whether that be logical or not.

Oh and by the way, I have yet to see you also point out or quote the exact 'generalisations' you were referring to. Please do so at your earliest convenience before I cement my own thinking about you simply being mad at me for throwing some truth around.

[edit on 16/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
...America is physically vast compared to alot of countries and could be considered alot of seperate countries formed into one nation.

Thank you for pointing that out.

I think that the rest of the "educated" world sometimes forgets how geographically big America is. If I started on the very east coast, and drove all the way to the west coast, it would take me approximately 48 hours IF I STOPPED FOR NOTHING BUT FUEL. From where I sit, it is about 1,000 miles (1609 kilometers) to the nearest open water (Atlantic or Gulf Of Mexico). Are there very many places in Europe that can say they are 1600 kilometers from the nearest ocean/sea? BTW, I am not even in the MIDDLE of America, but actually on the western edges of the eastern part of the US.
(It's about a 16 hour drive until I'd be considered in the middle of America from where I am.)

bad things-...poverty,fundamentalist Christians, ...

If you take an objective look at it, you will find that the more you have of the later, the less you have of the former.

Name any country with at least 1/3 fundamentalist Christians that is 2nd or 3rd world. (BTW, Catholics are not, in any way, shape, or form considered fundamentalist Christians).

Conversely, take 15 poorest countries in the world (in whatever metric you want, be it health care, life span, monetarily, whatever), and show the percentage of the population that is Christian. I think you will be surprised at the results.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Let's get one thing straight Kryl.

I don't like you. I see you as a generalist troublemaker with nothing better to do. Don't know what kind of wind you have in your sail, don't care.

Good day sir.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Good to hear, I would hate it if someone of your obvious calibre were to like me. I would feel dirty and in need of a good wash.

Quite frankly you have done absolutely nothing to prove your claims of what I have apparently said as opposed to what I actually said. You simply dislike me for speaking my mind. I am sorry but I thought we lived in a world that allowed freedom of speech? Do we not? And was that not what I was doing?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jpm1602

Good to hear, I would hate it if someone of your obvious calibre were to like me. I would feel dirty and in need of a good wash.

Quite frankly you have done absolutely nothing to prove your claims of what I have apparently said as opposed to what I actually said. You simply dislike me for speaking my mind. I am sorry but I thought we lived in a world that allowed freedom of speech? Do we not? And was that not what I was doing?

You don't have a freedom of speech unless your a from America. Are you American?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

Errr, not sure what you meant by that but we have the same thing here in Australia
Just in case you did not know

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually that was a joke. You know the whole American arrogance thing we got going on over here. As if we are the only ones in the world with rights, if not our rights trump yours type stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

OK I thought it was a joke but I wasn't 100% sure which is why I asked, you can never be too careful these days

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I don't hate America, I have friends from the States. The people are fine, it's the gov't I don't respect.

Some of you have said that Americans think only for themselves, I blame their gov't for placing that in the citizens heads.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

I don't hate America, I have friends from the States. The people are fine, it's the gov't I don't respect.

Some of you have said that Americans think only for themselves, I blame their gov't for placing that in the citizens heads.

Good to know,

Now will you point me to the perfect government?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yeah no doubt, instead of working together to deny ignorance people want to battle about which country is better. But what people don't realize is with the ever growing global market what effects your country may effect ours and vie versa. So instead of arguing about who's country is the best, we need to work on making it work or we are all screwed...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think that this thread is alienating people and trying to prove that one people is better than another, which is really pointless in its own right, if not completely impossible.

And no, China is not mentioned as it not like the Western world. We are closer to Europeans than Asians in culture and language so there is a relation there and makes it easier to compare and pick fault. We also see China as not nearly as 'civilised' as we like to think we are.

America has many great things and many failings just like (nearly) every frigging country in this messed up world. It is necessary to learn from each other but that is pretty impossible if we don't listen.

If we do that, than maybe we will change perception and regain the respect we have lost.

[edit on 16/9/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I completely agree. I would never go so far as to make the assumption that Australia is any better than any other country. That would be downright ignorant and arrogant of me. I attempted to not offend by my comments about some America(ns) in this thread but obviously it is a touchy subject, although I am sure some of those who are offended would have no hesitation about bashing on Australia....which I would take as constructive criticism unless it was a blatent lie

Having said that I'll return to your comment and say that if only we could muster the numbers to have a good look at the direction of the world as a whole, rather than its individual parts, we may see the changes many of us wish to.

[edit on 16/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Good to know,

Now will you point me to the perfect government?

Obviously you didn't get my point. I didn't reply to start a debate on gov'ts since this isn't the purpose of the thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I wasn't offended myself, I try to look at things from all perspectives. By doing so you realize there is truth in things even though you may not like. Too many people are duped into believing that the facts don't lie. Fact's can be fabricated just as easily as lies. I won't use any examples because I wouldn't want to labeled an "Aussie Lover".

Anyway keep taking advantage of your freedom of speech and continue on the quest to deny ignorance. Man, I love this site!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A lot of you Americans forget how stupid you really are.
There are some very smart ones out there that can see past the bullcrap, but most of you are retarded, im sorry but look at this.

bravenewfilms.org...

I feel sorry for the few smart Americans out there that have to live surrounded by retards.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I think you will find that there are many many ignorant people up north.. or in the East. You Canadians don't have a patent on intelligence my friend.

Bit arrogant, no?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join