It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

Even in South Africa we laugh at you for voting for Bush not just once but twice and we should know our country is run by monkey's.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is a transcript of an actual radio conversation of a US Naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision...

Canadians: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship, I say again, divert your course.

Canadians: Number One, I say again, divert your course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees noth. Thats on five degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And where is Russia in this whole discussion, anyway? It's fairly certain that if Europe wanted to ally itself with Putin, that the United States woud not intervene. . . .

So why doesn't Europe sign treaties with Russia, and tell the USA to bugger off? Why don't they close the American bases, set up trade barriers, and withdraw from NATO? I can assure you it would ease tensions with Russia instantly.

Yes, I think that's the answer. European states, and others around the world can emasculate the USA, and stabilize international affairs, by allying with Russia. Sure the US would protest, but it's not like they'd do anything, at the end of the day.

I'm sure Putin would even lower the price of the oil exported to the EU, in exchange for withdrawal from NATO, and mutual non-aggression pacts.

And I'm sure the Russians would be a lot less cocky than the Americans, as well.

all the best.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ebaneeza
But mate look how your oldest allies turned there back on you when you wouldnt back the invasion of Iraq, and started childish name calling and threats of resricting trade. You guys were getting worse press than al qaeda at the time, they even changed French frys to freedom frys ffs.
To this day there is a section of Americans who think France is one of the "trouble makers" that should be wiped of the map because of the bad press.
Historically Britain and France were enemys yet who came to your aid first both times Germany invaded? Did your oldest allies care France was being taken?
You see being allied with US`s is a one way street, do as they say or else.

I hear ya', you got a point.

But, hey, there are some [snip]everywhere and these people generalized as well. I think it has to do with people being ignorant culture-wise and easy to be manipulated by some of the medias. ( mostly Republicans ?)

I know for sure that quiet a few Americans agreed with France regarding Irak's invasion. We could be friends without agreeing with our allies all the time.

Oh by the way, French fries are not French but from Belgium.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Europa733]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Recently, as it seems, America, and most Americans, side with a type satanic characteristic - looking out for ones own interest, selfishness, big ego, attacking and looking lowly upon the weak - these are all things the America 50 years ago didn't really do. I'm sure most would think this is the mindset of most capitalist, but I couldn't tell you. Sure, back then it wasn't perfect either, but for the most part, the culture was healthier. And may I also add the food was, too.
I've never felt so isolated and rudely rejected by people in all my life in any country i've ever been to, and as if isolating you wasn't enough, they try to paint a picture of you as if something is wrong with you, or is you are the bad guy. Something just doesn't seem right in the air here. I would probably expect such in a country somewhere like Japan, being a foreigner and all, but in all truth, I think the reason they would act as such even in japan now would be because of how the culture here has become - a fake, reality tv show. The ship is definitely going down if you don't let those who where sent to repair it do their job.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"Dissent is the greatest form of Patriotism" Thomas Jefferson

Do not confuse contempt for the people running the goverment for anti-americanism. I am proud to be from the United States, but I am not proud of the group of self-serving idiots currently in charge of our government! I am not happy with the direction that Bush/Cheney/Halliburton have taken us in and on Nov. 4th I will do what I can to get us back on track if that is possible!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
OP, what was the intent of your post? I find it curious that you have not participated at all in this thread. Oh, maybe you are gathering valuable feedback. We are not all so foolish. Shine.

delius

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is one discussion you really cant have on a board which discusses conspiricies by nature they will try to defend there point no matter how irrational it may be. If the us didnt exist this would be a sad world and Wede probably be speaking german. And wouldnt be having this conversation. Reality right now the United States became a world leader and this was forced on them not by choice we have tried in the past to stay out of world politics (see isolationists ) but this only made things worse.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am scottish,a UK citizen,a patriotic citizen from a nation who were once an Empire.
By god a harsh leason we learned there!,look at us now,through ego,self delusion,greed,arrogance and complete ignorance we are now but a dot on the landscape as compared to yesteryear.
We ran shotgun,forcing our opinions and moralities down the throats of other countries for centuries,only for eventually the proverbial dog to bite back!.
We are your allies,through thick and thin we are seen to support America in whatever situation may arise, on the political plateau we are seen as brothers accross the ocean.
But,as an ordinary citizen of this country,which is still thought of on world terms as a developed,wealthy superpower I would only give this advice,
look after your own backyard before you assume to tell others how to look after theirs,there is enough internal conflict in your own country as well as mine without proclaiming your morals and opinions on others.
The world went round many times before the united states became a nation and seemed to do ok and will continue to go round.
The world does not need America to hold its hand,does not need Americas opinion,forced authority or moralistic principals forced upon them.
The rest of the world does not hate America,it just hates Americas self proclaimed position of the Big Brother to the rest of us,we all love our countries,faiths cultures,leave it that way!,on another point as regards quality of life,I am not turned away from hospital because I dont have sufficient insurance,we have a free health system,as many other countries do.
I would not say to you for one minute not to love or be patriotic to your own country,I only say look after your own troubles first before you assume to the rest of the worlds through self deluded opoinion.
The world will still keep on turning my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I don’t hate America, I simply believe like all countries we are deeply flawed and we should accept those flaws and try to rectify them instead of sitting around comfortably with our iPods, too busy with our own existence to pay attention to the fact that something is wrong with the country.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

It`s no wonder many Americans want to be isolationists, when they know people from other countries think of them in this light. Yes, I understand that our government pulled it`s allies into this mess it started, but, your governments didn`t have to jion us, they made that chioce. Why did they jion us? Because, they think in the same terms our government does. Pull out if it`s wrong, let our government face this alone. If we get our backsides kicked, then so be it. Lesson learned, I can only hope.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The funny thing is, the US is vilified for doing Europe's dirty work.

Iraq falling into Iran's control won't affect the USA nearly as much as it will wreak havoc on Europe's economy. the only oil source they'll have left is the soviet, I mean, russia.

all the best.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

It`s no wonder many Americans want to be isolationists, when they know people from other countries think of them in this light. Yes, I understand that our government pulled it`s allies into this mess it started, but, your governments didn`t have to jion us, they made that chioce. Why did they jion us? Because, they think in the same terms our government does. Pull out if it`s wrong, let our government face this alone. If we get our backsides kicked, then so be it. Lesson learned, I can only hope.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by FiatLux]

If you had read my earlier posts I did say that my government (UK) is just as guilty as the American one. There is, and never will be, a time when America finds itself standing alone because its in the elites best interests that similar countries stand united against a common foe. Its the fact that the FOE may also be a creation of the elite, through the CIA, that I, and most others, find abhorent!
Doesn't matter if you're American, British, French, or you're from Timbuktoo, we are all being lied to about this phoney war on terror. . .

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The funny thing is, the US is vilified for doing Europe's dirty work.

Iraq falling into Iran's control won't affect the USA nearly as much as it will wreak havoc on Europe's economy. the only oil source they'll have left is the soviet, I mean, russia.

all the best.

Oh please, stop-you're killing me! The US Isn't doing Europes dirty work! That's ridiculous. America talked everyone in Europe into entering the coalition to invade the Middle East. You say that Iraq falling into the hands of Iran wouldn't of hurt America as much as Europe? Think again. It was because Saddam was going to sell oil for Euro's a barrel instead of dollars that so outraged Bush. America would have lost its position as number one power in the world and almost certainly would have brought about economic collapse.
As for only having the soviets to rely on for oil! That may be better than having to rely on the oil America stole from Iraq. At least it's not tainted with blood. . .

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I totally agree with you. It`s sickening when their actions pit people against each other as it has done. I believe we need an old fashioned tar and feathering party.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Anybody care to explain why USA recognized "Macedonia"?

There is no academic or scholar in the world that will admit that Macedonians were not ancient Greeks. Yet USA, under Bush, recognized a bunch of Bulgarians as "Macedonia".

Would you, Americans, like it if my country was named USA? honest answers, please.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by masterp]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That is simple, they hate what our goverment does in relation to the rest of the world. We are meddlesome and we haven't any right. I don't think most people hate Americans exactly, but what our government does, the government and those who think the govt is right in doing all they do in the rest of the world.

If I based my opinion of the population of an entire country based on the horrible things their government did then I'd be doing a lot of hating. By the way, I'm American. My life is nothing at all like what other people around the world might think it is, I don't believe the things they think I do, I don't think our government is right in doing a lot that it has done, I am not who they think I am and I'm pretty sure they are not who I think they are either.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by Ebaneeza

Again, you feel the need to come back and take more jabs at me. Do you know how to read? It makes me wonder if you do. What did I say at the end of my statement? "I don`t speak for the arrogant ones. I speak for only one, and he died in December 1944." I`ll break it down for you.

1. I don`t give a flying fat rats butt what others in this country may have said over the years about who may have won that war. Be it you, us, them, Sants Claus or the good fairy. It doesn`t matter anymore, and this not only goes for you, but for the arrogant ones in this country. Show some damn respect for those who died. Who cares who won it? It was freedom bought and paid for with the lives of thousnads of young men from all countries. Holding a grudge for 63 years from both sides only shows what little respect anyone has anymore for what these boys died for. Grow up and get over it, all of you, and get a life while your at it.

............................................................................................................

The only one taking personal "jabs" is you, and my points are about the general US consensus, when did i call you arrogant or say anything personal about you?
And as for "showing some damn respect", yes once more THATS MY POINT, equal respect for all instead of trying to steal victory as your (americas) own.
It would seem its you who could do with brushing up on your reading skills, but hopefully this will put an end to this back and forth because its getting very samey.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Ebaneeza]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hi There,

I am disappointed that the 'OP' has seen fit not to respond to any of the replies in acknowledgemnet.

ATS is a 'international' forum. The internet has afforded international dialogue to take place between disparate borders, cultures, and philosophies. It has enabled extended dialogue to span the cultural and political and religious fault lines that consistently fracture altruistic co-operation between nations for the global good of humanity. Through the internet we are all breaking down barriers (and in some cases, buttressing them), we are getting to know one another through avenues other than the media present to us...we are talking to one another on a one-to-one basis.

It is quite evident that at this early stage we will each present with our own cultural idioms and idosynchracies that which we know best, much to the potential annoyance of the international audience. It will take time for each of us to come to understand each other, to take the 'real' meaning of what is stated in posts as not being a unjustified critical appraisal of another nation.

I believe that wherever one abides, whatever country or nationality one is born into, take away the 'artificial' identity that culture inculcates, one is left with a citizen of humanity. Is it possible for there to exist difference in race and culture, whilst at the same time, an all-abiding concept of freedom and liberty for all, unfettered and unassailed by one's own cultural constraints? I believe such a possibility is not only possible, but inevitable. Politics and religion are man-made constructs that seek to deny any movement towards this. Instead of a society managing itself through shared concerns and altruism, they want a society that is heavily managed and controlled...and they have it. You cannot break this control as a nation, only as a individual; but the time may come when all individuals will awaken free from their particular cultural constraints, from their cultural fears and hateful ideologies, and everyone will then realise that the nation is at last free, and is no longer a nation, but a integral part of the world, no better or worse than any other part. This is the only way the 'meek' will inherit the earth.

We are a long way from such an awakening. Whilst we all conform to particular racial identities and cultures, we will never be free, we will never awaken, we will never truly span the cultural divides. We will remain enchained to separatism and aparthieds both political and religious, and constantly pander to the god of nationalism. Such a groove leads only to the grave of our species. The coin is flipped and spinning through the air, whatever side it should fall is determined by you.

Do I hate America and Americans...emphatically no! Am I critcal of America and Americans...yes, sometimes; but no more critcal of any other nation or nationality...especially that of mine own which is English. I am English by dint of placement of birth, I cannot change that, but I can control what goes into my mindset, and what comes out of it. I don't want to kill anyone, I don't want to rob anyone. I don't want to oppress or deny any equality of freedom to anyone. What is good enough for me is good enough for anyone else. I don't care what language you speak, nor the colour of your skin. The only way we hurt each other is through what goes in and comes out of our mindsets. How you change that, should you wish to change it, is up to you.

Best wishes

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join