It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

The reason people hate the United States is they hate the ideals America stands for: Using the govt is a cop out the problem is Americans have the most fredoms of any country in the world Which means other countries will all ways find something wrong with the way we do things.
Americans will all ways try to do whats right just sometimes for the wrong reasons. Were not perfect but we are the closest thing this planet has to any kinda of world peace. To say the Untied States is an imperial nation is ludicrus.
Even Iraq will probably turn out to be a great move 20 years from now look at Germany, After ww2 there was terrorists nazi hold outs military and government had to be rebuilt it took all most a decade before they were abled to stand back up on there own 2 feet. Most of europe was ready to throw them to the wolves. We hung in there because we knew it was the right thing to do. Now Iraq is in a similar situation if we left there people would suffer as syria or worse iraq stepped in to fill the void. Again we try to do the right thing hoping that one day it will make things better.

Foreigners don't like us because of who represents us. The people don't make the decisions to go invade others countries the government does. So it's not a cop out, they have damaged our image so bad that even the people gets thrown in the same category.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Love the UK...Have a house near Plymouth, and visit very frequently.

You are right, and I hadn't thought of that, FRIENDS is a good reason to hate Americans...

But then, The EASTENDERS is reason enough to hate the Brits...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The original post is an example of why people "hate" america/americans.

"Why do you hate america, when we are clearly better than you?"

Highest quality of life? Just speaking to some Americans about general knowledge is remarkable. It's not that they get answers wrong, it's their arrogance as well.

Video's like this.

Speaking from my own experience, it's just common knowledge that Americans are stupid in general. The average American is considered a moron by everyone i've ever spoken to.

It's just steriotype. Americans = Stupid, English = Posh

"General knowledge is eroding. This is evidenced not only by the fact that one in five U.S. adults believe the sun revolves around the Earth, but also many others."

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

The reason people hate the United States is they hate the ideals America stands for: Using the govt is a cop out the problem is Americans have the most fredoms of any country in the world Which means other countries will all ways find something wrong with the way we do things.
Americans will all ways try to do whats right just sometimes for the wrong reasons. Were not perfect but we are the closest thing this planet has to any kinda of world peace. To say the Untied States is an imperial nation is ludicrus.
Even Iraq will probably turn out to be a great move 20 years from now look at Germany, After ww2 there was terrorists nazi hold outs military and government had to be rebuilt it took all most a decade before they were abled to stand back up on there own 2 feet. Most of europe was ready to throw them to the wolves. We hung in there because we knew it was the right thing to do. Now Iraq is in a similar situation if we left there people would suffer as syria or worse iraq stepped in to fill the void. Again we try to do the right thing hoping that one day it will make things better.

Why do people dislike the US? Just have a read of that above.
If your "the closest thing the planet has of any kind of world peace" then we`re really fked.
They hate us because we are free, oh please listen to your self, how can you believe that Bush line.
And im sure the Iraqis will thank you for all your kind goverment has done for them, NOT, are you just another brainwashed troll?
And you also seem to think your goverment/high powered people havent funded terrorism, two words, deny ignorance.
You always try to do the best thing? For who?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Ebaneeza]

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Ebaneeza]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hamlin

Is it possible that, for ratings reasons, these guys might not have shown all the smart people than answered on the street?

Is it even that smart to tune into all the bs thrown up by MSM news?

A lot of incredibly intelligent people I have met in my life didn't have a formal education and were disconnected from the current events. Yet I've seen people that made personal mathmatic systems from scratch, despite not being able to read and write and still keep a business open.

The american volksgeist, the memetic sphere, is without a doubt stupid, but this dosen't reflect the true character of the average human there. It reflects what the elites want the average human there to be. Ignorant and lead.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The fact is most of those people in the video would have been through school and college, qualified people yet their so ignorant its unbelievable, and the Americans who advocate "making a blast crater" out of this country or that even though they have absolutely no knowledge of or even the faintest idea where they are in the world make me feel physicaly sick, just because they heard "they were trouble".
You want to know why the US is largely disliked thoughout the world, well just watch that video.
Yes i know not all Americans are that cretinous and i get on very well with patriotic Americans with their eyes open but in my opinion most display that kind of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity and its those idiots who seem to think their all great and good and they should blow this country and that country of the face of the earth, if only they new where they are.
I feel sorry for the Aussies if the US start bombing Iran.

How can anyone say we should invade France, whilst not even knowing France is in Europe, not Australia. it says it all.
Stop stealing air from the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Several years ago I had a great level of respect for America.

Now however, while my beef isn't with the people, there's no way I could contain all of my America bashing to one paragraph.

But off the top of my head, America:

* Biggest polluter

* Little capacity to accept criticism

* Breaking the Geneva Conventions

* Shoddy deals with Saudi Arabia - a brutal regime, yet they have the oil, so its 'okay'

* Exports 'democracy' to other nations with bombs without really having it itself

* Massive sponsor of state terrorism

* Dictates hypocritical policies to other nations

* Dominates all of Western culture - do I really care what Paris Hilton is up to?! (of course, neither do many Americans)

* An economy that all other economies have to kiss-arse to

* An over-riding arrogance and ignorance that spills over into evangelical, theocratical right wing Christians

That's what I don't like. But since you didn't ask what we do like, I'll leave that for another time.

Good post, not very truthful though:

a) Biggest Polluter: Not true, Australia, or Canada, and most developed countries, pollutes ~the same, as the USA, on a Per Capita basis. And if you consider the Pollution vs. Wealth created, Australia pollutes more, per capita, then the USA.

You are deceitful, hope that was unintentional, in going for absolute figures; the USA has a much larger population, so it has to pollute more...

b) Little capacity to accept criticism: Mot true, if you know American literature, cinema, and politics, you will notice, few other citizens around the world criticize their country, and government, as much as Americans do.

c) Breaking the Geneva Conventions: Where, and what articles of said Convention, did the USA break? Or to put it another way, "What's Geneva?"

d) Replace Saudi Arabia with Indonesia, and now East Timor, replace USA with Australia,; looks like you both are in the same ship, and have the same criteria...

e) Talking about Australis now, are you? I seem to remember Australia participating in every campaign, with the USA and other countries, even in Vietnam, in which it was one of the few American allies to participate.
I also see Australia invading various countries in the Oceania region, specially the Solomon Islands and Nauru. Besides the disaster that has been your "peacekeeping" mission in East Timor, most would call it the pillage of a county...

f) Massive sponsor of state terrorism: Same applies to Australia, UK, Canada, etc.

g) Dominates all of Western culture: Can't blame the USA for that, can you? First the USA dos not produce culture, Americans do; second, how is it America's fault that other people find their culture appealing, and consume it? Isn't that your fault, not you in particular, but non Americans?

So, America is being criticized for bringing joy, happiness and culture to the world????

h) An economy that all other economies have to kiss-arse to: Not really, being Australia, and Canada, and Western Europe, big USA economic partners, all these economies are linked, and can't live without each other. The only point you have here is that an American crises affects other countries more, because of the US economy being so big. This, however, is not America's fault. America is not going to have a recession just to destroy the economy of Australia, or Canada...

i) An over-riding arrogance and ignorance that spills over into evangelical, theocratical right wing Christians:

Fully agree with you on this point. But, these religious nuts are a minority in America, near NY and New England, which I know, I have rarely seen them in action. Doesn't Australia have their own religious nuts?

As for the arrogance factor, should an Australian even mention that word?

Greet Post, good read.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've been to America three times and very much enjoyed the interactions I had with its people. There is a can-do approach to life which is healthy and positive. I've also been impressed by Americans generosity and interest in helping a visitor to their country. It is sad that this goodwill is not practiced by the greedy and murderous power hungry b*****s that rule America. Bush is the biggest terrorist going - a complete war criminal. I'm sorry to say that the people of America have lossed a lot of their freedoms to this evil man and many people overseas have died because of him. Bush has overseen and endorsed torture and false imprisonment; conducted an illegal war; killed innocents; pretended to be the champion of freedom but taken it away from so many. He is greedy; stupid and completly ignorant, only caring in his own powerbase while squandering opportunities to tackle poverty, pollution and global warming.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Circle]

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Circle]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not saying all, but there are some Americans who see a person of middle eastern decent and they instantly think of terrorism. Since there are many radical groups with the same heritage. Does not make all Iraqis or Pakastanis bad.

I'm sure it works both ways. When person from another country sees an American they think of destruction. Even though its not the people calling for air strikes or invasions.

In a world as hostile as the one we are in now, folks tend to percieve things in a different manner. If there is one bad aplpe they must all be bad. Which we all know is not the case.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
I love Americans. I love all people of any nationality. Cause we're all the same regardless of where on the globe we were born.

That's what I don't like about the general American attitude. The attitude is pretty much 'we're better than you are', 'this is the best country ever', 'we rule the world and can do whatever we want' and a big bunch of unpatriotic blind patriatism that makes me cringe.

No, America does not have the highest quality of life in the world.

Americans that think this are the ones that haven't visited very many other countries.

You have to accept that everyone loves their country just as much as you love America. That includes Afghans, Iraqis, Iranians, Venezualans, Cubans, everyone. That's why America gets a bad rap. Cause it thinks it has the right to mess with everyone else, but you even try to stick your nose in US business and God help you, you'll pay.

Your government attacks on it's own citizens, then sells bumper stickers saying 'nuke the towel heads'.

A lot of your citizens think it's ok to nuke a whole country and kill innocent civilians cause you don't agree with their opinions and way of life.

That sums up the general American attitude for me.

Please note - I don't think all Americans are like this. Pretty much every single American I've met i've got on really well with. But as a whole, there some scary stuff going on in the heads of some folks over there.

I, unlike yourself, don't "love all people of any nationality". I do however love most Western Countries, I love Russia and the Russian people. I have rarely been to a country where I didn't like the majority of the people, the exception being Morocco...they are just annoying...
Having a female friend that visited Saudi Arabia, I think I wouldn't like the country or it's people, but that is out of second hand knowledge...

Being a Canadian living in the USA, most of the time, I have never had that thrown in my face. The institution I work for, am on a two year sabbatical now, has citizens from almost every country in the world, in fact, the head of said Institution is a Hindu. I have never seen any prejudice against them, except for the Muslims, after 9/11. But, that prejudice didn't come from American's alone, it came from most westerners...

The quality of life in the USA is second to none. At least the America I know, NY, New England, Virginia, and most of the central and northern East Cost. But, like you said, I don't think it is higher then other western developed countries, it's about the same...
As you well know, the standard of living varies greatly in different regions of the same country, on Kingdom...

As for America's Government attacking it's own people, I won't even answer that, it's too pitiful, and reveals the same ignorance you accuse American's of having.

Isn't that what your country as been doing for centuries? Wasn't the "Black Watch" Regiment, assuming you are Scott, in the front lines, during the liberation of Iraq???

I was hoping you where also going to enlighten me as to the general United Kingdom attitude...guess not.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Doesn't matter what part of the good old U.S of A an American comes from they all have that we're better and bigger than you attitude. Besides that I find them okay.
Someone answer me this, preferably an American. "How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?
Americans are okay. With such a rich country they deserve a better system and lifestyle than the one they currently have.

We don't have free Healthcare because it is a Multi-billion dollar business.

The USA's biggest problem is its greed.

New Orleans is a city that should not exist by the laws of nature.

The dutch built massive dikes to make their country what it is today.

New Orleans has many sections of it below sea level, and that is not
the worst of it.

large portions are also below the water line of the largest river in
North America that runs thru the middle of it !

More fuel for the Fire the north side of the city has dikes holding back
the largest lake in that state, and its water level is higher than much
of the city.

In the past giant Archimedes screw pumps were added just to do battle
with simple things like "rain"

The problem is the city is sitting on river silt, and it is notorious
for subsidence or sinking, think Venice.

Well you take this precarious situation and you throw a Hurricane at
it and you get a colossal mess of broken dikes and mud filled bldgs.

Wood buildings that don't have anchor bolts float into buildings that do,
and they are both destroyed.

Thousands of destroyed homes and for a touch of flavor add
in raw sewage, dead animals, snakes, gators, etc etc.

Most areas of the US have building codes and you are not allowed to
build in a flood plain.

After Katrina even if you could rebuild a home, few if any insurance
companies would insure it and if they would the premium would
be sky high to insure a home below:

1) Sea level
2) River Level
3) Lake level

...and in Hurricane alley.

They say pictures are worth a thousand words, and these might
not be but it speaks to truth that New Orleans is precariously posed.

Color Topographic map of New Orleans

Ground Elevation side view of New Orleans

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamlin
The original post is an example of why people "hate" america/americans.

"Why do you hate america, when we are clearly better than you?"

Highest quality of life? Just speaking to some Americans about general knowledge is remarkable. It's not that they get answers wrong, it's their arrogance as well.

Video's like this.

Speaking from my own experience, it's just common knowledge that Americans are stupid in general. The average American is considered a moron by everyone i've ever spoken to.

It's just steriotype. Americans = Stupid, English = Posh

"General knowledge is eroding. This is evidenced not only by the fact that one in five U.S. adults believe the sun revolves around the Earth, but also many others."

You are here generalizing all American's as being stupid, and you my friend can't even manage to spell the word S T E R E O T Y P E correctly.

There is a big chunk of irony for you.

Too funny

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Doesn't matter what part of the good old U.S of A an American comes from they all have that we're better and bigger than you attitude. Besides that I find them okay.
Someone answer me this, preferably an American. "How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?
Americans are okay. With such a rich country they deserve a better system and lifestyle than the one they currently have.

Let`s see, the last time I knew, I`ve never felt as though I was better then anyone else.

One of the richest nations? I hate to break it to you, but, when you have another 7 trillion dollars placed on top of your national debit, and nothing to pay it off with, I believe you just lost any richest nation status you may have had. But, good try anyhow.

"How can one of the richest nations in the world not clean up the mess which is New orleans and how come you don't have free health care available to all?" Is it because you're spending all the tax dollars on the military so you can wander around the middle east picking fights with anyone who doesn't cower down before you?"

As for the "one of the richest nations", see my answer above. As for the rest of your statement, good point, I`ve oftened wondered with as deep in debit we are as a nation, where the money comes from to fund this war, but we can`t seem to find enough money to fix any of our other problems we have. Odd, isn`t it?

I believe any human deserves a better system then this.

And the laughing face is for? I gather what you said, you meant it as a joke? Or what, be happy?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by FiatLux]

As for why we are in the middle east, they say its for all kinds of
reasons but in truth it is due to Peak Oil.

You can watch a entire documentary on it here:

Crude Awakening - The Oil Crash

They are terrified of the collapse of the US when the oil runs out.

Its pretty unavoidable at this point because they refuse to
massively ramp up alternatives like:

Coskata

$1/gal ethanol from wood chips or grass clippings

Valcent Technologies

100,000 gal/acre/yr Algae oil in the Desert

LS9

Crap 2 Crude

If they ramped up these techs world wide, it would solve the
energy crisis.

Also for power they should look at underwater Aquanators
tapping the massive undersea currents.

The current near the Florida straits alone has 30 times the
flow of all the rivers in the world.

A small percentage of it would power most of North America.

Aquanator

The Gulf Stream Current

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

America does not have the best of everything. It has many great things, of course, but it is absolute nonsense to say that everything is better in the USA as it simply is not true.

America wants to be best at everything and that is just great but it has to take criticism just as well as it doles out. No double standards are allowed.

America has a prominent role in the world but that also means that it has a responsibility.

America and especially its president sees itself as the ruler of the free world. With that privilege (as it is a privilege) also comes obligation.

We need to remind ourselves that we are not the only country in the world. To be not so arrogant to think that other countries should be grateful to be allowed to swim in the wake of the giant. To put up or shut up. The US leaves destruction as much as greatness in that wake and it is dishonest to discount the bad and only remember the good.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hi there,

Interesting thread.

I am from France and let me tell you guys that here, there's some anti-Americanism but it is mainly orientated toward the Bush's administration. But on the other side, there are people and plenty of them who still have the American dream kind of thing going on and they sure love America. I am one of them.

If you hate America(ans), you hate the world, so it sure is a stupid thing because that country is so mixed up and made up from some of our "cousins", ancestors, etc...

Our French President (Sarkozy) once said, America and France are two countries who both wanna be the world role models, that is one of the reasons why there are some problems between the two sometimes but you guys are our oldest allies with Ireland and we are fighting hand in hand in Afghanistan, let's not forget that and let's try to make the world a better place together with our allies.

Some of you are gonna laugh about that, I do not care because freedom
is the best thing a man could have and this word does not exist everywhere.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hmm, what an erudite argument you are throwing about there.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Hamlin's first language isn't English? Bad spelling isn't necessarily a sign of lack of intelligence. Attempting to put down someone over a spelling mistake, instead of tackling the issue at hand, is.

How many languages do you speak? Just saying!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hmm, what an erudite argument you are throwing about there.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Hamlin's first language isn't English? Bad spelling isn't necessarily a sign of lack of intelligence. Attempting to put down someone over a spelling mistake, instead of tackling the issue at hand, is.

How many languages do you speak? Just saying!

Great point...Its as if you don't speak great English and can't spell it you are looked down upon. Even if its not your first language...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
Hi there,

Interesting thread.

I am from France and let me tell you guys that here, there's some anti-Americanism but it is mainly orientated toward the Bush's administration. But on the other side, there are people and plenty of them who still have the American dream kind of thing going on and they sure love America. I am one of them.

If you hate America(ans), you hate the world, so it sure is a stupid thing because that country is so mixed up and made up from some of our "cousins", ancestors, etc...

Our French President (Sarkozy) once said, America and France are two countries who both wanna be the world role models, that is one of the reasons why there are some problems between the two sometimes but you guys are our oldest allies with Ireland and we are fighting hand in hand in Afghanistan, let's not forget that and let's try to make the world a better place together with our allies.

Some of you are gonna laugh about that, I do not care because freedom
is the best thing a man could have and this word does not exist everywhere.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Europa733]

But mate look how your oldest allies turned there back on you when you wouldnt back the invasion of Iraq, and started childish name calling and threats of resricting trade. You guys were getting worse press than al qaeda at the time, they even changed French frys to freedom frys ffs.
To this day there is a section of Americans who think France is one of the "trouble makers" that should be wiped of the map because of the bad press.
Historically Britain and France were enemys yet who came to your aid first both times Germany invaded? Did your oldest allies care France was being taken?
You see being allied with US`s is a one way street, do as they say or else.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow, I can`t believe I have read every one of these threads. And my reaction to all of this? Well, yes, some of you are right about the arrogance of many that live here, but, you can find that in any country around the world, not just here, but in your own countries as well.

You hate our government? Welcome, jion the rest of us. Many of us in this country hate it also.

Is there much of a difference between how we are being controlled here in this country compared to Europe? No, just in name only. We are controlled by the Rockefellers and Europe is controlled by the Rothschilds. All in all, the same trash. Either set would love to be running everything.

Do I love my country? I love what it once stood for. When it allowed people from other countries to come here so they could live their lives without fear of being oppressed by others. Well, that thought was thrown by the wayside, now wasn`t it? Look at how it`s been from 9-11 on. When you sacrifice your rights for a little security, your no longer free people.

Some say it was an inside job. Could it have been? From the way it looks, it may very well be. I mean come on, has our security been beefed up that much? Let`s see, we still have open borders, and the guards try and stop someone (a known drug runner) and there is gun play, it`s the guards that go to jail. Now, what`s wrong with this picture? My opinion? You may just as well take the guards away and let everyone cross, it`s happening anyway.

What`s my point with this? Are we any safer now then we were right after 9-11? No, not in the least. Why would a country that was attacked like that, go marching off to war before shoring up it`s borders first, so it will not happen again? Think about that one. The answers right in front of your face.

Now, back on track. How do I feel about what has been said about us? Give me a couple of days to get the feeling back in my face from all of the backhanding we have taken so far from a few of you. What bothers me, is the fact that we are no different then you. We were all made by the same creator. But hey, I guess it`s easier to hate us all then to stop and sort us out as individuals, isn`t it? So be my guest, slap away if it makes you feel better. Your not hurting anybody but yourselves in the end.

But there is one thing that got to me with all that was said so far. It was on the very first page, and it stood out like a sore thumb. Here is what was said.

"World War 2
America's late arrival in the war is not something they should boast about. America sent very few soldiers into war, (3.5mil. Russia sent 20 mil)

The USA appears to be very self-glorifying, and there are multiple generations in the UK, France and Europe who upset and angry at America's rewriting of history. Russia's men, France's entire population, and UK's air force, were the principal opponents of Germany, aided by American equipment (much leased and loaned, not just given)

USAs entry to the war was forced, not chosen, their motives were self-defence not world-wide good."

Tell this story to our young dead men buried in your countries. You know, the ones that tried to help stop your countries from being taken over. Nothing like giving them a slap in the face while your at it, is there? Myself. I lost a 19 year old uncle (my dads youngest brother) fighting for your right to be free. The numbers of our troops in that war doesn`t really mean a thing . It was how they were armed that makes a difference. They fought just the same as anyone else did. No more, and no less.

So, in the end, when you take a slap at someone who gave their life for your country, that tells me you care nothing about the freedom you have, you only care about the opinion you want to throw around at others.

To that person, selfcenteredness runs deep within you. Yea, there`s nothing like hating people who died for you during WW2.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I do not hate america.I hate the Facist #s that rule it.The Land of the free?I say,More like the land of opression, The land of poverty,The land of the law.What is making us so #ing free?We are opressed By the Oil companies Everyday.We are Not free,We are not winning.And they all have a war for our mind.It's propganda and it's obsolete.# america.# what it stands for!!!And # the judical System of it.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by theconspiracyisherenow]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join