It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do all of you hate america... the thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrambledeggs
i am an american.

i love america.

i am starting this thread to see why most, but not all, people on this site have an aggression, that can be labled as hate, towards america.

You seem very patriotic, expressing the love for your country as you do. Hate is such a strong word to use it in this context. People hate living in Cuba or Mexico. People hate living in 3rd world countries that's why they flea to the U.S. I as an American am displeased with the path we are being lead. That doesn't mean I hate America, mean I know we are capable of better.

If you are a parent and your child brings home an all C report, what do you do? You are happy that he received all passing grades, but you know that your child has more potential then the grades reveal. You try to teach this child that being average is passing, but by raising your standards you can achieve greatness.

That's how it is here in America, we allow those above us to settle for average, when we all know this country is capable of greatness.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I love America

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks.

They are prefect?

Their governments are perfect?

I guess the world needs a scape goat.

It is in vogue to hate on America and Americans.

I am tired of seeing Americans blamed for all the woes of the world.

I am just a poor elderly lady from the inner city, I never owned a home, have no health-care, and have very little in my fridge right now,

I love America, not for what she can offer me,

I am sure if we tried we could find all the positives,

I do hate what the news and what the Internet have become.

Try'in to weed out the truth from the lies.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How can we hate a people that we helped free itself from colonialist dominion and gain its freedom more than 200 years ago ?

How can we hate a people that has paid such a high blood price to help us when we needed it so badly ?
Anyone who visits the American Cemetery and Memorial in Normandie is brought to tears by the overwhelming realization of the sacrifice made.

How can I hate a people who literally freed my grandfather from his Gestapo jail where he was tortured ?
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for brave American soldiers.

How can we hate a people whose accomplishments we have admired in awe for decades ?

How can we hate a people that has suffered terrorism in its flesh ?

No, we don’t hate America. We can’t.
Those who do, hate its freedom and its way of life, which, mind you, is very similar to any other developed country. It means they hate us all.

Yet …
Must we agree with everything ?
Criticism is a healthy business when exercised rightfully.

I am ready to admit you have the highest quality of life in the world, even if this point is highly arguable in my opinion.
But how can so many people in America live in poverty ?
How can so many people in America have no basic health insurance ?
How can so many families in America be expelled from their home ?
How can so many people in America think religion and the will of a randomly picked god should govern everyone’s life ?

And then there is this whole war in Iraq business.
How could you lie to us and try to deceive us in this war that has nothing to do with anything ?
Why did you have to ridicule yourself brandishing anthrax vials in front of the entire world ?
How could you pour champagne in the streets and call us names and feel clever doing so ?

How can you accept to be lied to by you government in the first place ?
This lack of reaction is beyond me.

Once a standard for mankind, America has slowly drifted away from the rest of the world. Some say America has been hijacked. I don’t know about that, but every intelligent person craves for this great nation to go back to what it once was.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don’t know about that, but every intelligent person craves for this great nation to go back to what it once was.

Maybe it is the other way around.

Maybe the rest of the world has drifted away from us.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

I can't read the replies because if I do my blood pressure will go through the roof. People hate America because they are jealous or ignorant, or believed some foolish propaganda. America is not perfect but imagine the world without America. Imagine if China or Russia or Saudi Arabia was the leading world power. I have been all over the world and spent time in many different countries. I will say that Americans are not as free as they think they are. However, you do have a lot of rights living here in the USA. Our Founding Fathers were nothing but awesome and they tried so hard to prevent America becoming what it is now. I believe that greed and liberalism has destroyed America or made it what it is now. If you live in the USA and hate it then move the heck out! If you live in another country and hate America why don't you take a good hard look at your own country first. America gives so much money and support to other countries and all we get is other countries wanting more and bashing us. I believe in America first and that we should not be the policemen of the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"Maybe it is the other way around.

Maybe the rest of the world has drifted away from us. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, but I doubt it. The American government is always quick to make an American problem (or conceived problem) a world problem, and then systematically goes about dragging other countries into the mess. I say dragging but in reality some countries, mine included (UK) seem perfectly happy to go along with whatever Washington want to do! There's a hidden agenda at work here that goes beyond nationality or religion. The governments of the world are conspiring against us, all of us, and at the moment America are taking the bulk of the criticism because they are constantly in the lime light.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I don’t know about that, but every intelligent person craves for this great nation to go back to what it once was.

Maybe it is the other way around.

Maybe the rest of the world has drifted away from us.

We invade Iraq, threaten war with Russia, and support an Israeli strike on Iran. So you may be right about the world drifting away from us. I think it's out of fear of a hostile take over. We are a war seeking nation sorry to break it to you...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Maybe it is the other way around. Maybe the rest of the world has drifted away from us.

We did nothing for that.
With all the support we were ready to offer, you put yourself in the only situation we couldn't approve, and you offered no alternative.
Saddam was a bad guy alright but the sad truth is that he had not even the remotest ties with 9/11.
You can lie to your own people and treat them like dummies all you want, but don't lie to your allies.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i hate america for lots of reasons.
corruption. the murder of thousands of its citizens. greed. gun culture (the one thing i hate the most about america). that bloody accent!!! arrogance. they believe they rule the world. obesity. turn up late for wars and start ones that are unneccesary for reasons above.
etc.

on the plus side:
milo ventimiglia

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This thread could be called 'Why do you hate Iceland?'

Then again, I don't recall Eskimo's becoming a threat to freedom and peace worldwide..

When's the last time you heard an Eskimo say they reserve the right to attack any country they perceive as a threat ?

When's the last time Eskimo's reserved the right to kidnap and torture anybody they perceive as a threat, even from friendly democratic countrys ?

America takes a lot of heat, because, frankly, they deserve it..

Land of the free (good little slaves) , home of the brave (attackers of countrys with barely a means to defend itself)

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

PhatCat, I don't recall Iceland being repeatedly attacked by terrorists for years and years.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
so? America isn't either.. besides the shadowy forces in their own goverment who need it to amass power and decrease freedoms..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
RECENT HISTORY:
Nov. 4, Tehran, Iran: Iranian radical students seized the U.S. embassy, taking 66 hostages. 14 were later released. The remaining 52 were freed after 444 days on the day of President Reagan's inauguration.
1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.
April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.
Dec. 12, Kuwait City, Kuwait: Shiite truck bombers attacked the U.S. embassy and other targets, killing 5 and injuring 80.
Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.
April 12, Madrid, Spain: Bombing at restaurant frequented by U.S. soldiers, killed 18 Spaniards and injured 82.
June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.
April 5, West Berlin, Germany: Libyans bombed a disco frequented by U.S. servicemen, killing 2 and injuring hundreds.
Dec. 21, Lockerbie, Scotland: N.Y.-bound Pan-Am Boeing 747 exploded in flight from a terrorist bomb and crashed into Scottish village, killing all 259 aboard and 11 on the ground. Passengers included 35 Syracuse University students and many U.S. military personnel. Libya formally admitted responsibility 15 years later (Aug. 2003) and offered $2.7 billion compensation to victims' families.
Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.
Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.
June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.
Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.
Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.
Sept. 11, New York City, Arlington, Va., and Shanksville, Pa.: hijackers crashed 2 commercial jets into twin towers of World Trade Center; 2 more hijacked jets were crashed into the Pentagon and a field in rural Pa. Total dead and missing numbered 2,9921: 2,749 in New York City, 184 at the Pentagon, 40 in Pa., and 19 hijackers. Islamic al-Qaeda terrorist group blamed.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, i've read through this long thread which has provoked many deep feeling out of people but one recurring theme I see is that a lot of people (Americans and others)feel that America has been hijacked and that its the government and their politics and "we're the best" attitude that is why people "hate" america. I suppose my question is this to the Americans here.

If you believe this to be the case, why don't you all get together and do something about it? revolt. If memory serves me correctly the government was originally "by the people, for the people" yet today it is "by the government for the government".

For starters, I don't hate Americans. My uncle is American. A Vietnam veteran from the Marine core and he's a great man and my cousin currently serves in your air force. What I don't understand though is why as a people you continue to follow the actions and will of a corrupt power hungry government and that you don't rise up against it?. Slowly and surely your rights and freedoms are being taken away from you until one day you will be thought of by your government as no better than the people they claim are evil.

I remember just after Canada said NO to getting into the 2nd war against Iraq with America, there was a rash of violence taken against a few Canadians from B.C. just down to do some shopping in Bellingham. Why? They were targeted because of Canada's standing up and saying NO to your government. With things like that happening don't be surprised at peoples actions towards you because the whole "if you don't agree with us then you should be punished too" thing wont wash with the rest of the world. To that I also add that yes, I know that not all of the american people are like that and I do not stereo type the rest of Americas because of the actions of a few people but....I think that there are more people like that than you care to admit to yourselves. For instance Im sure that for as many people that don't like that Ann Coulter woman and what she says, there are just as many that do.

There's nothing wrong with being a proud people, but when that pride turns to arrogance then that's when others have a problem.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scrambledeggs

Well BoB if you consider the fact that America is an industrial slave-owning
nation run by the few powerful bankers of America then you'll have a really good reason to hate America: It is the most obviusly ruled and owned country in the world we have no gold to back-up our currency but oh we sure have plenty of HUMAN CAPITOL, the currency is based upon the enslavement of people to pay for their own slavery, plus we are slowly and blindly expanding our burning lust for power to the rest of the world... slowly but surely we will fall into dictatorial injustice HERE IN AMERICA as well as the rest of The World as the Govt. slowly withdraws and destroys every little right and privilege we own, we do not live in democracy democracy in America is A SICK JOKE.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Iceland is populated mostly by scandinavians, and I'm not sure it even has an eskimo population, as it's too far south from the ice caps and pretty isolated in the north atlantic. Some dna, sure, but actuall eskimo populations I don't think so.

The fact that your post got two stars means a couple of other people, I dare say probably americans, need to read up on their geography before agreeing with bad analogies.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
RECENT HISTORY:
Nov. 4, Tehran, Iran: Iranian radical students seized the U.S. embassy, taking 66 hostages. 14 were later released. The remaining 52 were freed after 444 days on the day of President Reagan's inauguration.
1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.
April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.
Dec. 12, Kuwait City, Kuwait: Shiite truck bombers attacked the U.S. embassy and other targets, killing 5 and injuring 80.
Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.
April 12, Madrid, Spain: Bombing at restaurant frequented by U.S. soldiers, killed 18 Spaniards and injured 82.
June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.
April 5, West Berlin, Germany: Libyans bombed a disco frequented by U.S. servicemen, killing 2 and injuring hundreds.
Dec. 21, Lockerbie, Scotland: N.Y.-bound Pan-Am Boeing 747 exploded in flight from a terrorist bomb and crashed into Scottish village, killing all 259 aboard and 11 on the ground. Passengers included 35 Syracuse University students and many U.S. military personnel. Libya formally admitted responsibility 15 years later (Aug. 2003) and offered $2.7 billion compensation to victims' families.
Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.
Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.
June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.
Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.
Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.
Sept. 11, New York City, Arlington, Va., and Shanksville, Pa.: hijackers crashed 2 commercial jets into twin towers of World Trade Center; 2 more hijacked jets were crashed into the Pentagon and a field in rural Pa. Total dead and missing numbered 2,9921: 2,749 in New York City, 184 at the Pentagon, 40 in Pa., and 19 hijackers. Islamic al-Qaeda terrorist group blamed.

what are you implying with the copy and paste job? That radical groups commit acts of terrorism towards America? If that's the case I understand. These are not nations invading ones land on false pretenses to obtain oil. Do you hve any examples of nation attacks on american soil? I can only think of Pearl Harbor, but that's a whole other thread...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Phatcat

PhatCat, I don't recall Iceland being repeatedly attacked by terrorists for years and years.

Ridiculous comment, an American moaning about terrorist attacks, you been the biggest funder of terrorism going this past 50 years, and not only do you arm and fund them, you train them too.
We (british) are supposed to be your greatest ally yet you armed and funded the IRA, a terrorist organisation that targeted innocent people going about there day.
I question for you, how would you feel about the UK if we funded terrorists to blow up your people, if it was your father who was murdered how would you feel.
War on terror? Nuke your selves, there jod done.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The reason people hate the United States is they hate the ideals America stands for: Using the govt is a cop out the problem is Americans have the most fredoms of any country in the world Which means other countries will all ways find something wrong with the way we do things.
Americans will all ways try to do whats right just sometimes for the wrong reasons. Were not perfect but we are the closest thing this planet has to any kinda of world peace. To say the Untied States is an imperial nation is ludicrus.
Even Iraq will probably turn out to be a great move 20 years from now look at Germany, After ww2 there was terrorists nazi hold outs military and government had to be rebuilt it took all most a decade before they were abled to stand back up on there own 2 feet. Most of europe was ready to throw them to the wolves. We hung in there because we knew it was the right thing to do. Now Iraq is in a similar situation if we left there people would suffer as syria or worse iraq stepped in to fill the void. Again we try to do the right thing hoping that one day it will make things better.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ebaneeza

reply to post by Phatcat

Ridiculous comment, an American moaning about terrorist attacks, you been the biggest funder of terrorism going this past 50 years, and not only do you arm and fund them, you train them too.
We (british) are supposed to be your greatest ally yet you armed and funded the IRA, a terrorist organisation that targeted innocent people going about there day.
I question for you, how would you feel about the UK if we funded terrorists to blow up your people, if it was your father who was murdered how would you feel.
War on terror? Nuke your selves, there jod done.

Id like to see some proof of IRA funding that would be amazing considering the us hunted IRA terrorists. Even supplied the british with intel on there movements this would be real news worthy information.
Now if your talking about Irish american citizens this is a free country and can spend there money where they want.
It is true that a small portion of Irish-Americans have always supported the Irish Republican Army, but the importance of the money they raised and the weapons they procured for the republican movement tended to be exaggerated - mostly by the British, Irish and American governments in an attempt to persuade Americans not to contribute to IRA support groups. Most irish americans when the hear IRA are thinking retirement.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join