It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No consensus on who was behind Sept 11-global poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No consensus on who was behind Sept 11-global poll

www.newsmeat.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Seven years after the Sept. 11 attacks, there is no consensus outside the United States that Islamist militants from al Qaeda were responsible, according to an international poll published Wednesday.

The survey of 16,063 people in 17 nations found majorities in only nine countries believe al Qaeda was behind the attacks on New York and Washington that killed about 3,000 people in 2001.

15 percent said the U.S. government
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
15 % is a pretty big number. Now, what gets me is that we, here at ATS are used to conspiracy and conspiracy related stories so at first blush this may not even raise a red flag. However, to mainstream America hearing that a healthy percentage of the rest of the world actually believes that our own gov't was behind 911 has to be shocking. It feels good that there are others in the rest of the world that can see what "we" see and what is blatently obvious to anyone who will open their eyes. Our gov't was in fact behind the events of 911. Not so hard for people living outside of the good ol' US of A to see. But, I'll be damned if anyone living within its borders will even entertain the notion. Well maybe there are a few.

www.newsmeat.com

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
15% doesn't surprise me. When we have this many people questioning the attacks, there's bound to be lots of suspicion.

It's seems not even the Bush administration can make up its own mind about who was behind the attacks.

There is another thread that also quotes the White House press secretary saying that it wasn't Osama Bin Laden behind the attacks, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Yes, I saw that thread and then I went to see if I could find anything on it myself and came across this. I am so out of touch with mainstream America these days. Does the average American even know that there is a healthy percentage of the rest of the world that actually believes that we did this to ourselves?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

15 % is a pretty big number. Now, what gets me is that we, here at ATS are used to conspiracy and conspiracy related stories so at first blush this may not even raise a red flag. However, to mainstream America hearing that a healthy percentage of the rest of the world actually believes that our own gov't was behind 911 has to be shocking. It feels good that there are others in the rest of the world that can see what "we" see and what is blatently obvious to anyone who will open their eyes. Our gov't was in fact behind the events of 911. Not so hard for people living outside of the good ol' US of A to see. But, I'll be damned if anyone living within its borders will even entertain the notion. Well maybe there are a few.

www.newsmeat.com

I think it's blatantly obvious that 9/11 was not done by the government and people are seeing what they want, because they are being illogical and have a massive cognitive bias towards the U.S. government.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I think it's blatantly obvious that 9/11 was not done by the government

It's easy to say that when you don't have to answer all the questions out there, and when the goverment wont either.

and people are seeing what they want, because they are being illogical and have a massive cognitive bias towards the U.S. government.

Oh of course, the simple "they must be anti-American if they question their goverment" card.

I guess questioning and/or holding the goverment accountable for any of their actions is "anti-American, right?

It's that kind of mentality which lets them get away with any corruption. They know people will follow them without question, and they continue to abuse their power.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

That's exactly what sheep would say if only they could talk.
What is happening in our country has happened in history before. When it did there were no shortage of people like you who would not see.
You are in good company my friend. Keep up the good work and I my only hope is that I am standing in front of you whilst being led to the slaughter so that I don't have to watch you $&#T your pants when you find out that the 15%ers were right.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

people are seeing what they want

Am I hearing you right? Did you just say that people are "wanting" to believe that their own Gov't killed 3000 of its own citizens as a pretext for going to war? WE WANT TO SEE THAT???? I don't know where to begin.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lol, well, if they didn't directly cause it to happen, or cause it through "deals" with other networks... then they sure as heck intentionally did nothing to avoid it.

They knew it was going to happen. There were scores of reports to that effect.

Yet, they still chose then to shut down NORAD.

Standard procedures would have had interceptors in the air long before the second plane hit.

... the only way for all the attacks to have been completed, is if someone intentionally delayed the standard responses.

The only people capable of doing that, answer directly to the government.

So yeah... the US government had quite a bit to do with 9/11.
They might not have planned the whole thing themselves, but they were well aware of it, and purposely made sure it DID happen without interference.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

That's exactly what sheep would say if only they could talk.
What is happening in our country has happened in history before. When it did there were no shortage of people like you who would not see.
You are in good company my friend. Keep up the good work and I my only hope is that I am standing in front of you whilst being led to the slaughter so that I don't have to watch you $&#T your pants when you find out that the 15%ers were right.

I'll be waiting for your legitimate proof that doesn't involve a fairytale or complete and utter lack of respect for experts and facts, meanwhile I'll be addressing the real issues, which is the foreign policy that caused 9/11.
Have fun with your Sesame Street loose change video, I heard in the next revision they discover that in fact the cookie monster wired miles and miles of detonation equipment during his visit to see big bird, apparently that's how no one noticed

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There is no need for me to prove antthing to you.We need a certain amount of ignorance in this country so that the rest of us will look smart.

"On a serious note, There are none so blind as those that will not see".
That is a famous quote for a reson. There are people(and no shortage of them) who WILL NOT see. These are people who have made up their minds and closed the books. There is no point in offering any evidence to these people because it will not be enough. I will not waste my precious energy trying to change an already made up mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What is the critical mass that is required to take action as a country to take our country back? How many people need to wake up?
We are all Slaves being spoonfed our reality by our masters.
Has anyone ever seen the movie "THE ISLAND"? Great movie showing just how easy it is to brainwash a large number of people or spoonfeed them their reality from birth so they have no clue whatsoever that they are all being......Well I won't ruin it for those of you who havn't seen it.

new topics

top topics

join