It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN causes solar halo in India

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
Lmao as if, no I live in northwestern ontario canada, we see lots of stuff like that on days where theres a clear sky, i think its just the way lights refracted through droplets of moisture in the air or something, not sure, definitly not cern tho, lmao

What i am trying to say is that its pretty common in Northern countries but NOT in India, and thats the reason why this is causing concern. But I do not believe that this phenomenon is due to CERN but rather climate change.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
CERN?? What a ridiculous idea!

Everybody knows that all unusual looking atmospheric phenomena are caused by HAARP

LOL!

Funny, AND true. I love it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
More and more i'm beginning to wonder if the acronym CERN doesn't actually stand for Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire but Christians Everywhere Reacting Nonsensically

The population in India is Christian? That's interesting...and different than the report I'm reading.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You must be kidding; right???? Should we also prove that a Skunks glands secreting a bad smell was not caused by CERN?

If someone has concern that there is a possible relationship between them, why not? The thing that people fear is that CERN has had a negative environmental impact. If someone can show why it doesn't, all these arguments both fantastic and probable can be put to rest.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You do know that the test everyone seems to be afraid of has not even taken place yet?

Yep. I also know I'm prodding the people on this thread who are very likely right. I don't disagree with them, but I do disagree with both their approach and elitist attitude.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Yes i know this phenomenon is common in Alaska and other places, but it is safe to say it has NEVER occured in India or rather so few that its not in anyones memory. So why all of a sudden here? Thats the question which is causing speculations. I think this thread should be on climate change rather than CERN...

Quite possibly right. If this happened frequently there, would this be a concern?

The testimonies on this thread are helpful, as well as a possible scientific explanation, but the question now becomes one of understanding why something that had not happened before is now happening. It's called a "phenomena" and last time I checked my office of scientists, these phenomenas cause curiousity, not "look how stupid the people in India are!"

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
I still live in Alaska and we see those ALLL the time. Especially in the winter. But we usually call them sun dogs here.. Not "solar halo".. When the creation of the "halo" isn't caused by the sun at all but high altitude ice crystals..

-ChriS

Why is India experiencing a phenomena that frequent in Alaska?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
guess ill be the first to amke this claim then ... yes its stupid but no more stupid then the earthquake in japan and halo in india stuff

cern is responsible for the channel tunnel fire

they are both below ground level stray protons could have escaped and become trapped in the channel tunnel causing a fire!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

No, that's not how science works. There is no evidence to suggest the LHC has any environmental effects, especially in India. Scientists shouldn't have to waste their time and energy righting people's ridiculous assertions. If people were rational, which folks claiming the LHC burned their toast, etc. are not, none of this nonsense would have to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Being that you were the one to claim "bogus" and requested it closed, it would have been nice to have at least an explanation as to why. I'm also surprised that someone with such keen interest and knowledge in the field is uninterested in sharing...on a forum...where people discuss in great detail.

I don't want to be mean or anything, it's just when the initial premise is so darn outlandish, sharing knowledge is quite impossible. You could have asked me to demonstrate that it was indeed CERN and not the supreme being Zmorrg, broadcasting on a subspace level, which caused the halo... Then again, you could have said it was Zmorrg.

And again, physics nonwithstanding -- as I said, the beams of comparable parameters were circulating in the SPS for decades with no effect on India. From the standpoint of pure logic, there is nothing, zero, zelch to suggest that the trial run of the LHC with a very similar beam is connected to the halo in India or patchy fog in England.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by buddhasystem]

sty

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I cant believe it !!!! Who is making the newspapers in India??? this is just a normal phenomen, do not worry guys! This happens a lot in Europe , mornings and evenings as very small ice particles are shining in the upper atmosphere of the Earth. Go to sites like www.spaceweather.com to get more info about this..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
No, that's not how science works.

I guess I don't know how to do my job then. It's a wonder they pay me

There is no evidence to suggest the LHC has any environmental effects, especially in India.

Is there evidence to suggest that it has zero environmental impact? That's what we'd like to know, as I'd stated before.

Scientists shouldn't have to waste their time and energy righting people's ridiculous assertions.

You're right, and everyday I should dump my left over Sodium Azide down the drain because it's ridiculous to think it poisons the local water supply. Surely it's dilute by the time it comes out of your tap.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Text5 The whole thing makes my Skin Crawl!! Reminds me of an old story I once heard as a child....The one about a forbidden fruit, and a snake in a tree (knowledge) ... Ever hear that one? The thing about 'CERN' that puzzles and amazes me is how much money, time, international cooperation and energy is being literally poured into something that seems to have no practical use. Unless your purpose is to transform or destroy this universe...or, make another universe. I know some of you intellectual Einstein types will scoff at such notions... or, you could , in layman's terms, tell me why this 'project / experiment' is so important, so crucial TO mankind , and yet can't be properly and openly discussed WITH mankind? Can someone help me out here?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

No - those who are saying the LHC is having an effect on, say Indian skies, have to cough up the evidence. Not the other way round.

And yes, it is rather surprising that you are being paid if that is how you think science works.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No - those who are saying the LHC is having an effect on, say Indian skies, have to cough up the evidence. Not the other way round.

Discounting possibilites without explanation is not scientific (see Sodium Azide example previously given). It would be responsible for a scientific organization to show how they're ensuring that they're not impacting the environment. Advocates who claim they are not should be able to provide some something more substantial than "they're not, don't worry about it". I know my company is accountable to FDA and CDC regulations. Are there such organizations for physics?

Originally posted by dave420And yes, it is rather surprising that you are being paid if that is how you think science works.

Looks like I have a good end of the deal then and the paychecks keep coming.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Discounting possibilites without explanation is not scientific, no matter how you slice it.

Erm no... considering possibilities without evidence is not scientific. Its speculation.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Edit: Double post!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man_Versus_AntiMan
Erm no... considering possibilities without evidence is not scientific.

Sure it is. How do you begin testing without possibilities to test? Waiting for evidence to 'show up' is a very reactionary way of dealing with problems (See FDA and FEMA).

Its speculation.

"Interpretations and speculations are often wrong, but if one is to make progress in understanding, it usually is necessary to speculate a bit." - T. Neil Davis, seismologist

Ironic that it was a seismologist who said it. www.gi.alaska.edu...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well i agree with that up to the point where it becomes a veiled way of saying 'its valid until proved wrong', because of course speculative theories are only validated when proved right. If indeed they can be.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I live in Ottawa and as much as this isn't an everyday thing, I have seen this a few times, the last time being this summer when some friends of mine were outside playing with my new camera.
I really don't think it has anything to do with CERN.
Don'y want to rain on anybody's parade but this is kinda silly.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well i agree with that up to the point where it becomes a veiled way of saying 'its valid until proved wrong',

Nah, I wouldn't do that and didn't intend for it to be viewed that way.

because of course speculative theories are only validated when proved right. If indeed they can be.

I'm down wit it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join