It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN causes solar halo in India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
are there not other ways of gathering information about "black mass" etc? someone should ask NASA...

anyhow, what are they looking to achieve with this experiment anyway? i think its #ing stupid and i think its very very stupid if there's even 0.000000000001% chance something might go wrong with the earth and they know about it and their still doing it...

human beings shall not try to take over the role of god.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

More and more i'm beginning to wonder if the acronym CERN doesn't actually stand for Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire but Christians Everywhere Reacting Nonsensically

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neaux
Halos in the sky are caused by ice crystals forming in the atmosphere. As the light passes through the ice it makes it appear like a halo is around the sun and moon. I do not believe it is very common, I have only seen it once in my lifetime. Nothing to do with the particle accelerator.

Actually halos are very common, more commone than rainbows, you just have to know where and when to look

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Opening portals to hell to let their mates through...

dam i was hoping for a new dimension so i could grab my crowbar and kill some head crabs .... doom it is then dibs on the chain gun and chain saw

wait or do you means mates condoms? i guess nazi pope was right condoms really are the devils work

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Being in Alaska, I can confirm this is a rather normal thing to see. For some reason this and Sun Dogs seem to scare people even thought they are as normal as rain and rainbows.

It also seems that some want to believe these things are something other than what they really are, that they are willing to suspend even basic critical thinking skills and insist they are not normal, which they in fact are.

I guess its like being frightened by a good horror movie even though you know it is not real.

Wiki Article
A halo (ἅλως; also known as a nimbus, icebow or Gloriole) is an optical phenomenon that appears near or around the Sun or Moon, and sometimes near other strong light sources such as street lights. There are many types of optical halos, but they are mostly caused by ice crystals in cold cirrus clouds located high (5–10 km, or 3–6 miles) in the upper troposphere. The particular shape and orientation of the crystals is responsible for the type of halo observed. Light is reflected and refracted by the ice crystals and may split up into colors because of dispersion, similarly to the rainbow.

Anyone living in the Northern Climates and on occasion further south has seen this common occurrence.

There have also been nonsense threads posted here about Sun Dogs being the planet Niburu and then people wonder why they are not taken seriously.

I can understand people from southern climates who are uneducated perhaps being frightened, but people knowledgeable enough to be on a computer on the Internet?

I had no idea India was so backward. The people from India I know and do business with here are all so well educated and logical to deal with that I'm a bit surprised. Not to mention that no collisions have even taken place at CERN as of yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

In order to do that we need 100% verification that it was NOT CERN related. We've yet to provide proof as to what this halo is, though we have logical speculation. Suspicion, however, does not substantial 100% proof that something is bogus.

You must be kidding; right???? Should we also prove that a Skunks glands secreting a bad smell was not caused by CERN? You do know that the test everyone seems to be afraid of has not even taken place yet?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Opening portals to hell to let their mates through...

dam i was hoping for a new dimension so i could grab my crowbar and kill some head crabs .... doom it is then dibs on the chain gun and chain saw

Lol, that reminds me....

Crowbar, headcrab, and Half-Life strategy guide shipped to CERN

Just in case.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I live in the South-Eastern USA, and saw that very same thing surrounding the sun a couple months back. I think it may be called a "Halo". I really doubt that it had anything to do with CERN, they're only shooting a single particle one way anyhow.

more info here

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Lol, that reminds me....

Crowbar, headcrab, and Half-Life strategy guide shipped to CERN

Just in case.

how funny would it have been to watch the live news broadcast and see a couple of people wondering around with bars in hand ready

or maybe we will see that if the broadcast the first collisions like they did the start up

but like the man said its the gates to hell they are opening, anyone got a spare chainsaw they can loan cern? a crowbar just doesnt cut it in hell

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It was only a test on the 10th nothing really mind blowing ... Oh and it will be at full power (so closest to the big bang) in approx. 3 years, yes it will take some time to get up to the picosecond...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

CERN causes solar halo in India

telegraphindia.com

A halo around the sun seen from Siliguri this morning triggered curiosity as well as rumours as it coincided with the start of the Big Bang experiment in Geneva.

When the aura around the sun became visible around 11.30am, the people of the town started making calls to their near and dear ones, trying to gauge what exactly the phenomenon was.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Solar halos happen quite often, nothing to do with CERN.

en.wikipedia.org...(optical_phenomenon)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hold on, hold on. I need to light a cigar. It's my truth cigar...

Ok I'm here for you now. I hear you concerns so in response I will let you in on in equally valid method to beat this thing, in effect, saving the world.

Now, what you see CERN doing over India, is essentially opening up a wormhole into another dimension in which the anti-christ is clearly ruling over along side the reptilians. The game is afoot sir, I'm happy to see you've recognized the seriousness of this situation.

People seem to think sending protons around a circle of magnets in a tube underground is harmless, even... tubular. Even if the machine didn't actually preform any experiments today, you sir, can see past this tom foolery!

I'm here to say we should ban protons entirely before they pull daemons from the 11th dimension to invade our galaxy. Magnets too! No! Especially magnets!! This Sun anomaly is really 11th dimensional daemons, working in conjunction with the anti-christ, Hitler's clone and the montawk monster to cause it to implode into a black hole, this is just the first sign.

Obviously, there is only one course of action. You must disembowel a baby goat on your front porch immediately while preforming and ancient pagan rain dance around it's scattered entrails.

There you are sir, I've tried my best to put my explanation and solution on the same level of reality as your scientifically well grounded claims.

PS: The goat must be male and be shaved clean before sacrifice, everyone knows that. Good luck, we're counting on you!!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

to you Sir!
This is by far the most level headed and authoritive reply to this post so far. I cant believe that we are even giving it enough credance to bother replying to it.
Actually, my young male dog lifted his leg for the first time, rather than squatting, this morning. I'm sure it was a vortex trying to pull him up into a black hole.
Take care, there's a lot of loons out there.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hey guys ... quit screwing around!

There are obvious ramifications happening worldwide as a result of Cern and it's no laughing matter!

Today, my hangover was AMPLIFIED to abnormal proportions and I was unable to work and lost my Job

I am hitting CERN with a major lawsuit for 10 years salary being that I think it amplified the booze so much I suffered permanent brain damage I am adding 20 Million dollars in compensative damages to my claim

your debunking, reaching for straws to claim this isn't real...does not Help my very real Lawsuit against cern for it's consequences in my life.

I was so upset today my shoes fell off and I am very angry at these people, I'm going to sue Cern, the people who work for cern and I'm going to sue you too

Because now there is a Black hole in my Bedroom closet and it's sucking up all my monopoloy pieces and my socks and I'm going craaaazy from this

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levski
reply to post by asen_y2k

The chemtrails in the Indian sky are clearly visible on that picture.I didn't know they sprayed there too!

Oh crap, you call those things chem trails, we here call them condensation caused by jet engines...damn never thought that the Government could do this to us too...gotta look up at the sky more often nowadays...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes i know this phenomenon is common in Alaska and other places, but it is safe to say it has NEVER occured in India or rather so few that its not in anyones memory. So why all of a sudden here? Thats the question which is causing speculations. I think this thread should be on climate change rather than CERN...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Seriously people, it's time to get a grip! Being outside for my job on a daily basis, I've seen halos around the sun more times than I have fingers and toes. Usually, there's just a bit of a whispy cloud and the only reason I notice is because I'm wearing sunglasses, which seems to accentuate it. Here's my question to all the worryworts out there...what are you going to do with yourself after CERN fires up the real big smasher and nothing bad happens?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think this paranoia has gone a bit too far.

They only turned on the machine, they didn't even start smashing anything yet.

What's next? I was a bit constipated this morning, was that because of the LHC.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I still live in Alaska and we see those ALLL the time. Especially in the winter. But we usually call them sun dogs here.. Not "solar halo".. When the creation of the "halo" isn't caused by the sun at all but high altitude ice crystals..

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Lmao as if, no I live in northwestern ontario canada, we see lots of stuff like that on days where theres a clear sky, i think its just the way lights refracted through droplets of moisture in the air or something, not sure, definitly not cern tho, lmao

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join